Announcement Ask the CMs in English

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Jul 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

Simple... learn how to play a mage. Ranger is definitely underpowered in PvE and in my opinion still slightly weaker than other classes in PvP.
    Ofc you are weak if you never farm... if you use Black Warlord set with a book... if you have about 10% improved running speed.

Improve your char and you'll see that you're wrong.

2. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

@fab You do realize that longbows aren't 2H weapons, right? If you want rangers not to be able to use shields/quivers with them, it wouldn't be fair for longbows to stay with the dmg they have. Their dmg would have to be increased to the same lvls as a real 2H weapon. So... more dmg. Are you sure that your problem is with the dmg? Maybe it's something else...

Llogos and MikeyMetro like this.
  3. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Just FYI, fireball is 50% resistance 50% armor. not pure resistance, like some others.

fab, EhtovK and jayr3d like this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

And have 200 ticks per second burning effect which in most cases can't be reverted with any skill. :)

jayr3d likes this.
  5. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

RA's are dam OP specially cause all they need to do is snipe 1hit u and run lol as well as dwarfs they dnt even need their turrents in most cases just 1 hit from their 2h weapon is enough like pvp isnt as fun as it used to be back in lvl 45 if you really think about it every does ALOT more dmg then a average persons HP everyone is doing like 10k ++ dmg while majority has 5k hp does that make any sense ?

6. -SirMadMan-

-SirMadMan- Someday Author

Time to change the record, princess...

[​IMG]

knifesss, Llogos, MikeyMetro and 6 others like this.
  7. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

@CMClayton what can we (players) do to make things better i see that complaining does little to nothing but i am sure the players can do something like most game devs in other games listen to gamers for ideas also they play the games them selves and play other similar games for inspiration/ideas i know you guys too but sadly it seems you guys listen to the crappy ideas LOL maybe set up a Polling station or what ever let players choose what should be implemented what should be changed and what not ?

8. Mohon_balor

Mohon_balor Forum Greenhorn

Pvp Ranger use explosive arrow too op. i hate all ranger in pvp only 1 shot ea 10k dmg !! pls nerff ea dmg

9. Sebu

Sebu Forum Greenhorn

OK, but why mages can't use items with ,let's say 75% stats ,off nands of the one, that rangers can use ,then? If you talk about : fairness . I would like to use off hend items (book or orb), with my staff, even with the 50% max stats, compared to the quiver or shield of yours. How about that, sir ? Wouldn't that be fair ?

10. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

I'm not against the idea of rangers getting a 2H weapon added to the their available weapons to choose and other classes getting a slower 1H with more dmg, no. I think it would be fair and everyone could just taste which grass is better, rather than pointing fingers.

11. fab

fab Advanced

Cant you understand, having longbows WITH SHIELD OR QUIVER GIVES THEM ADDITIONAL STATS ( crit or blocks ) !!!
    Another problem is you rangers cant understand those skills , blade dancing gives them the opportunity to avoid damage and EA doing reduce armour and damage at the same time and its like killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Sw pyromania 3 secs can be easily remove as long as their negative skills is active again and 126% max talent is a BIG JOKE, singularity radius is so small and its so easy to get out of it when rangers doing blade dance or dive, ( dks using immunity ), sm using jump x 2-3 )
    SW using 2H hardly have 80% crit value, and its gave rangers the upper hand to have crit and dmaage almost the same as sw, blade damcing crossing mobs and players in pvp.

12. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

My dear Fab:

First of all, you've wrote that we are an OP class with a lot of crit rate/crit damage, double damages on marked target etc, so I guess that we don't have any grouping problems.

-----------------------------------------

Why don't you create a ranger and look at the stats of its bow, than you delete it, create a mage and look at the stats of its staff?
    You'll notice that the longbow has lower min/max damage than the staff, in addition, they have the same attack speed (It takes just 15 minutes to check it).
    You can also check the stats at the DSO weapon calculator site, where you can choose the rank of rubies, type and quality of weapon bonuses and also the weapon levels (min 50 - max 55; to simulate upgraded items).

We need a quiver to compensate the 30% weapon damage and/or 43 increased damage wich are some of the gaps between a long bow and any 2-handed weapon.
    Using a shield with a bow requires a well-done build because we loose or source of crit rate (quiver) that couldn't be given back from the bow because it's max crit rate bonus is little higher than half of a 2-handed crit rate bonus.
    (That means that a decent bow+shield build is for the best players).

I do agree with your post just for the EAs part.
    The explosion damage is ridicoulus considering it's mechanic, but that has to be adjusted, not nerfed.

My point of view about that is to make it explode only with it hits something, of course increasing explosion area or decreasing concentration cost or anything.

EhtovK and Opalsion like this.
  13. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

[​IMG]

14. Llogos

Llogos Junior Expert

@fab stop crying finally. Learn to play your char, or if you like the rangers so much, you know where is the delete button. Press it for your mage, and make a ranger to play with.

And something else.

If EA is OP, then tell me please what is the Magic Missile combined with Sigri's set? Or why you get hit from a fireball that burns the spot, you leave from there with adrenaline and you are still burning? Why you mind control someone with immune and yet your skills can be used like you successfully mind controlled someone? Why the mage needs to have the same defensive stats like a dk but yet much more damage from them or any other? Why why why, so many questions about why the mage needs to be so powerful. What else do you want people? With your crying for nerfs, classes got (something that starts with f) and mages got boost up as always. What else? God mode is not enough?

Oh I forgot,sorry. EA has to be nerfed, ranger to use longbow as 2h, the dks not to heal etc. *facepalm*

PS: One more question for you to think about. If you use in real life a long bow, you hold it with both hands? And if you do so, how the hell you shoot the arrow? With your mouth? LOL

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Opalsion likes this.
  15. Opalsion

Opalsion Junior Expert

With the teeth :D

16. -manuson-

-manuson- Forum Greenhorn

i would like to cry a bit about the fact that new release comes during events..:( now i cant log in my favorite ranger and missed out on mini event :confused: booohoooo

17. fab

fab Advanced

Since you said that sw got awesome stats as same as those dks, let me reply u the same thing.
    Why dont u use a sw rather than playing a weak ranger
    Rangers able to do blade dance without receiving damage from the other party and crossing mobs as well. ( pls ans this question )
    Sm using a 2h doesnt seem to that privilege when he is shooting ammos.
    Mages should be powerful enough to take others characters down quick as lack of hp and armour, fair enough.
    And what is mind control in pvp, its just a pure useless skills with 1 sec with quick hands and knowledge and unless players arent allowed to use any of the skills when caught in singualrity ! ( skills got cancel when entering singularity or all skills got cancel off in singularity + slow down bcoz of the small radius )
    Tell us in the forums which skills a sw possess which gets boost up, the ans is NONE !!!
    Sorry you belongs a rangers group trying to defend your own kind which i really find you guys are really pathetic which means you doesn't accpet reality in the game as well as in real life situation.
    Then tell us which skills a ranger possess is 30% in terms of damage, 3 x ice missile is just a mere 90% and you forgot that rangers green arrows slows players down too and is also infinite too.
    Its just impossible to win an arguement with someone who doesn't accept reality at all:D:D:D

18. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

[​IMG]

UndergroundKiller likes this.
  19. BlackHat

BlackHat Junior Expert

Hi CM,

I think that next changes to skill bar will be useless and I try to explain, in my poor english, my opinion.

I put skills in the bar that have been enhanced in the talents & wisdom (and Honor) tab.

In the future I can choose from 9 different skill bar but I must manually change talent points (with premium I have 2 talent settings) and Wisdom points.

So I spend time (1sec for click) to change skillbar, for talent (1 click if premium) and 40-50 click for setting Wisdom points.

So why I must pay to buy new skill bars when I must spend 2 minutes to manually change talent/wisdom pionts?

If I must spent 2 minutes to change wisdom points then spent other 10 seconds to change icons in skill bar it is an acceptable time...better than buy skillbars with andermant.

So, IMHO, to have some utility the change of skillmust also automatically change talents and wisdom points.

20. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Well, that's because they changed the description with the new skill system, but, if Wiki and my old screenshots are correct, the original description for that talent states: Astral Phenomenon - Directly after using mind control on your enemies, you can use all of your skills without activating their cooldown times for 1 second.

So, they either planned to change that, but didn't, or the new description is messed up, I'd love that someone from the team could clarify this situation for good.

Currently the SW hold the worst defensive enchantments, yet the same offensive enchantments as everyone, we had discussed in the past that this is designed like that due to the SW capabilities of kiting/crowd control being slightly better than the others, I don't understand the point of your question.

You answered your own question, do you think my frost nova delivers me from burning if I stay on the spot?, by this point one would expect everyone to adapt: get out of the burning mark on the ground and then debuff (or just jump out of it), furious battle cry is no exception to this mechanic either, so it's not a "just ranger" issue.

When?, where?, did I miss something?, care to elaborate?

And last but not least, why'd you bother with fab?, thought we all also agreed that he's incapable of such feats as understanding why longbows work the way they do, why they can be used with quiver/shield and such. He just can't spend a few days without coming here with the same old rant, and then being proved wrong by pretty much everyone, even us SWs disagree with such claims lol.

jayr3d likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.