Announcement Ask the CMs in English

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Jul 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

And, Haruki, some additional info. Pre r139 or something shields had less possible attributes, so chance of getting block rate was higher. People started complaining about not being able to get the block rate based shields anymore, and Dev Team addressed that, in February or March,
    if I'm not mistaken. They have increased the probabilities of block rate and block amount. It looks like this is gone by now, since r155, and it explains Beatles images. So what he asks for was already implemented, but might have been broken. I would also appreciate if you ask Dev to take a look. Thanks.

2. strike3

strike3 Forum Apprentice

Hi i didnt know where else to post this so here goes, me and my team were farming in dragan event hard map and we killed one of those monsters with the frost attribute that mob lvled me up 19 lvls and my friends lvled too we would all like to get back to our previous lvls please help

3. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Are you saying one mob kill made you gain 19 levels? From what level to what? And where exactly was it so I can get my alts in there.

MegaNuker, _Baragain_ and Shiladitya like this.
  4. SillySword

SillySword Regular

Some player in Tegan just said that he/she was leveled up to 45 from 25 in mini event map. He/she must quit event because his/her gears are so poor to fight level 45 mobs. This is from public chat in Kingshill. I don't know it's true or not.

5. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

CM Haruki,
    Could you give us some info on the upcoming class. Give us something small so we can chew on it and provide feedback.
    Once the SteamMechanicus arrived I think we all were kind of surprised.
    Share something with us on what the dev's plan so the both parties can benefit from the feedback the community will provide.
    Thanks.

6. taketh

taketh Regular

Hi Haruki,
    You mentioned a suggestion box, as if it was different from the creative corner, and that ideas get filtered through forum admins into this box. It makes little sense to me, why hear ideas from middle men when people can check the threads for themselves. The forum admins close threads without any further discussion and no effective way to reply to them, and there is more than one so dont really know how they all communicate such ideas. What if they put forward the ideas they personally like only and what is the big harm in discussing a bad idea?

Thanks for clarifying that the people at bigpoint do review the forum themselves in addition to listening to forum admins.

Also, with the new character class, i hope we get another character slow so we do not have to delete one to create it.

7. CM Haruki

CM Haruki Community Team Team Drakensang Online

Hello there playful creatures,

your days of waiting are over for I have refilled my cup and now I have fresh brewed coffee to fuel up my answers.
    Here we go!!

Hey there nothing,
    well, as you may have fully realized, the Belt of Zeal has not made it finally to this release 157. A lot of uproar was generated by its incredible stats and the lovely prize (remember that lots of things on the test server are not finished or are final). It does not mean that it will not arrive in the future, of course, but at the moment I cannot give you an estimate on the date of arrival for this item. Since we know it's a community feature (meaning, a lot of people took interest in this item and asked about it, we will surely update you guys whenever we have more details).

Hey there,

yes, sure, it would be very cool. As I see that the guild improvement topic is a very lovely one, I think the best for everyone will be to wait until the game designers are fully ready to design the whole feature (they are now busy with other tasks) and then reach to you guys with a specific thread in which you can drop us all your juicy suggestions in one place. How does that sound?

Hello there,

as we already stated in the first page of the thread, we are not dealing here with Customer Support queries, sorry about that.

[QUOTE="Iamboredwtf, post: 634373, member: 32565"]Hi,

Thank you I for your time.

1. I am very disappointed that Emilia does not have the premium belt at all since I acquired the 6K gold needed to buy it! When will it come out?

2. Can you ask your folks to create a portable anvil/furnace that players can buy and use to melt items anywhere in game? We can upgrade our gear and buy glyphs with one click of the mouse anywhere in game. Why not melt since we can also repair our gear.

3. What am I supposed to do with 4 white tiger mounts? Can we craft them for a unique mount?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hello there Mister (you certainly have an interesting name!),

1. I know, the disappointment is shared across all national boards. Me myself considered that belt a very unique piece of craftsmanship. As I already answered before, we do not have a formal confirmation on when this item will see the light of the day.
    2. Yes, I could ask them. But I can already tell you that the addition of a portable anvil is not in our pipeline.
    3. No, we are also not thinking in implementing the pet crafting system, sorry about that. As for what can you do with 4 white tigers it's up to you. I would sell them or free them in Lor'Tac to make space for future items in my inventory. You can also have them together to keep themselves accompanied.

Yes, you are right! Eatmynerfgun is a very solid QA manager that disturbs our inner peace in the office with this assortment of nerf guns - henceforth the name. All those "nine"s are not real, as you can imagine, but somehow he forgot to hide his results from the total rank. Such a troll...

We rather shoot back, actually. We are thinking in forging an alliance between renegade QAs and CMs and get this thing.

Do not worry, I also repeat myself again and again. I know, not a nice feeling. Gives me a sense of deja-vu most of the times.
    The team is aware of existing low level items with very high critical hit lines and they are currently looking into ways to improve the critical damage system with rel158. I would not go as far as to say that the matter it's a couple of hours max...

Hello there Mr Shiladitya,

as always, you bring very bring, comprehensive and logical feedback to these boards (no trolling intended). I also thought the interactive fire would interact more with the props of the environment and the mobs and not only with our fighting clothes... At the moment is not the case and you are right that it could have been a very nice thing to have. We will discuss it with the event/level designers when the review meeting arrives (yes, we also have those).

Hey there Mister,
    thanks for your further explanations - now this rookie CM sees what you meant with it. As I told sebastian_fl, the team is working on a number of item issues and this also applies to shields naturally. The item enchantment system will be overall improved with Rel158 but removing the possibility for damage enchantments on defensive off-hand items is not planned for now. Sorry!

Hey there Strike3,

yes, we are completely aware of this since it was reported already by the mod team and players alike on Friday. Our team of script masters have found the issue and this bug will not longer exist after the hotfix for Rel157 (which, by the way, is scheduled to happen this Wednesday; we will publish later on more info about it). We will also publish more information for those players affected whenever we have it. Please bear with us in that respect. Thanks a lot!

Hey there pydragons,

with the team centered in PW and other pending features for this year, it's quite "too early" to offer you an official statement of how amazing the new class is looking... But I can tell you something, it's looking pretty tasty!!!

As we already told you, it's going to be your typical rogue-assassin kind of class and centered in a more direct, swift and quick style of combat. Rather light-equipped this dude will be like a blade dancer: sneak inside the combat, apply some cuts here and there and then get outside quite quickly. We have ideas to give him the chance to buff his blades (ideas, ok?, not anything 100% fixed) and use his own form of magic for short power bursts, protection and enemy debuffing.

Of course once we have a more clear idea of the design (the team has that agency, after all ;) ) we will open a feedback thread across all forums to hear what you guys have to say. This class is surely going to attract the attention of some veterans, I would say, since I believe it will be quite hard to master completely. I am looking forward to it a great deal actually!

---

Keep firing 'em!

See you around and have a nice day,
    Haruki

Shiladitya likes this.
  8. CM Haruki

CM Haruki Community Team Team Drakensang Online

Quick addition to answer this ninja fellow!!

Believe it or not, our moderator team, in similar fashion to Greg and me, does not take any special delight in silencing good ideas or to mute valid opinions. They report to us on a weekly basis across all forums boards and they make sure that the most desired features, wishlists or issues get proper spotlight in their reports. So rest assured that if an idea/suggestion is good, make sense, and there are a lot of people backing it up (either here, in General Discussion or by the Creative Corner), we will hear it and pass it along. ;)

And of course you will get a fifth character slot!

Cheers!

taketh likes this.
  9. Nimorien

Nimorien Forum Greenhorn

hi ! will there be a hotfix release 157 or a individual hotfix becuse i got big problems !!!!!!

10. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Who is that lovely ghost-lady hovering above the stairs?

[​IMG]

Novadude and Bubble like this.
  11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I saw that - hopefully it is a future quest or plot point and not just an art-department throwaway.

12. Shiladitya

Shiladitya Padavan

Hi Haruki,

I am still waiting for the dev diaries to tell me what went wrong and is wrong with the dk and specially 2h dk. also the lead artist mabruk interview.

Also could you tell the team to increase the pearl drops for the dragan event? These events are slowly becoming impossible for working people to complete.

-Skygazer- and theDrache like this.
  13. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

Dear Haruki,

In anticipation of the advertised improvements for DK class, we were looking forward to the 157 release. There were only a couple really good changes implemented and only one of those was much needed ("Charge" stun). But having moved stun debuff from "Rage jump" to "Dragon Hide" was truly amazing ... NOT. I am sorry to ask this question but, who comes up with such silly ideas? Now, instead of having a stun release on 15 seconds cooldown (Rage jump) it is now 1 minute (!)

On top of that, "Dragon Hide" is too valuable to use it for stun release. Absolutely ridiculous change. We don't need that extra buff after performing a Rage Jump in exchange of stun release, please reverse it or the best option would be replacing that extra "armor and resistance" with a stun release and leave the one on the Dragon Hide.

Increasing rage built by 40% was very much needed, not sure if it really does the 40% though.

Please take this feedback from a very experienced DK and a loyal player to Drakensang. Once again, take my char for a ride and see it for yourself.

Regards,

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Armando likes this.
  14. _Dragonscale_

_Dragonscale_ Advanced

It's probably just another Halloween decoration. There are ghosts all over Dracania - that one creepy dude in the well of Jarlshofn, those shady cloaked figures in Kingshill. I gotta say, they did an amazing job with the decorations this year.

Yogo and -Skygazer- like this.
  15. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

Question to CM Haruki regarding unique items.

There are good uniques, there are bad uniques. Some players can plan a build around certain uniques. However many unique sets are virtually impossible to collect and use, here is what I mean.
    Take Deep Sea set. By the time you start your adventure to level 40, if you are lucky you might drop 1 part of the set. If you are more lucky, a 2nd part may drop, and if you are again lucky, 3rd part...etc. If it happens to collect all parts of the set, which is allmost impossible, you find yourself high enough level, so high that the set is useless because of it's low stats.
    Other set's like Yachak are more possible to collect, but still very few people have them. I'm pretty sure we won't see Temple Guardian Set's Guardian spawned in action any time soon, not no mention that the game doesn't keep track of your parts. This gets to the extreme when you have 4/5 and you need 1 last part. How much time untill unique drops? How much time until that specific part drops? Alot...of years.

Many set's in the game are virtually useless because it's very unlikely all the parts to drop. DSO crafted some very nice item sets, but they are currently unusable.

CM Haruki, can you give us some opinion on this matter, as how are we able to plan a build around unique set, when the set is impossible to collect?
    Thank you for your future answer and for my previous answer.

-Skygazer- likes this.
  16. Дарки

Дарки Junior Expert

It is truth that the unique items need serious rework. There are lot of players that did not go to arena and like to play DSO as they play D2 – LoD single player style – to collect equipment and to have fun from farming.
    The formal classification of the items puts them like that – purple ones, legendaries, unique ones. All unique items that drop from low level Bossess like Arahna spider trough the middle ones like Gorga or Sigrizmar to the end ones like Mortis are completely out of date, ridiculous and there is nothing “unique” in them except their unique stupidity and uselessness. Blue one handed sword gives 45% krit dmg, legendary one handed sword gives 157% krit dmg and the great incredible soooo rarely dropping Wrath of the shadows gives 65% krit dmg. Great job BP! Unique one!
    Almost all of the purple 2 handed weapons have more than 65% dmg enhancement in only 1 from 3 lines and all of the Legendaries have 35-50% in 1 line.
    That is why all of the players play with purple shoes with 21% walking speed, pink gloves with 22% attack speed and pink 2 handed maces with 1000 dmg without the rubies in it.
    Great job BP. Why do you need to make your unique and legendary items such a joke, as the almighty Ammon set that nobody ever use even 1 part from it… it’s a mystery for me. Perhaps cause of the money. All the players will pay again and again to collect a really good one legendaries via crafting or Bosses loot but you forget to lower the purple items. Please correct this bug and make the purple items funny too so that we all start to use green items of the end.

Armando and -Skygazer- like this.
  17. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

Yes, item system is very poor to say the least. Outdated uniques, poor variety, inconsistent.
    Even the newest unique Dragan's Signet Ring which is very hard to get as an upgraded version (have to complete all 4 challenges) is laughable. I mean, is anyone really going to use that bad very bad piece of "unique" gear? Seriously?

I know we can not mention other games and I will comply with that, but CM Haruki, please pass the message onto devs to have a good look at a very famous game and their items system. It starts with "D" and the last version is number III. We are all loyal players here, who are indifferent to Drakensang and all we want and I know Bigpoint want for all of us to have great satisfaction playing it. That other game's item system is superior to anything I have ever seen. If we only had something similar to that here, it would be best game ever.

Dear Haruki, all of us are grateful to you for being our messenger and mediator, I know you are doing your absolute best. Please keep up the good job you are doing for all of us here. I hope the devs have ears to hear.

Cheers,

Shiladitya likes this.
  18. taketh

taketh Regular

@-Skygazer- Wow. One mans rubbish is another mans treasure... that ring seems amazing to me. I will wear it, second best ring in the game for me after ring of inner fortitude if i ever find that (i play dwarf). Im currently wearing two rings of life.

I dont have premium, the ring will help me survive. I die a lot because i often have aggro.

19. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

Hmm, I hear you taketh, but for a char with strong built that ring IS rubbish (600 crit value and 200 armor for DK psssss). I would never take off any of my rings from Dragonache set to replace it with this one. I use jester's 30% armor gems, so the 200 extra armor would make no difference whatsoever to my setup. As for the crit it gives, it's worthless. I am not saying 600 crit is bad, I am saying that it's not good enough to replace any of my rings with it. As for it's bonus, lol, I don't want no mob fighting for me, I enjoy doing that myself. I can only imagine where this type of bonus system going to end up. What is going to happen to skilled players with straight hands, who actually can play. No need to start bringing mobs into bouts.

I mean no offence to you or your char of course.

The Ring Of Inner Fortitude gone to glyphs long ago for me.

The only less or more valuable gain from this event (apart from the level 50 Warlord set) is the skull gem (final version which gives 20 HP regen per second).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    taketh likes this.
  20. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

The ring is okay, many people do not have Dragonache set... This ally mob will act as a decoy for ranged classes, making it a little more easier to tank in PW as a ranger for example. I would love to have more meat shields except my wolfs.

Unique items are supposed to be unique. If I want good stats I will roll a legendary piece. DSO recently started to add actually unique features to the unique items. They are supposed to be unique pieces, not something to replace your overpower legendary.

I think the above post's muddies my question, so I will ask it again real short.
    CM Haruki, unique items are supposed to give us unique perspective over a character build, but how are we supposed to make cool builds (not stats dependant builds from leg items), if these unique items are impossible to collect as a set, and ultimately, a build.
    DSO made good sets, but no one is using them. The set's are just sitting in the drop tables while no one can aquire them, making them virtually useless.
    Please give us some adress on this issue.

Same applies to the Legendary Kings Armor set, we got 2 pieces as a reward from event, but now after the expansion, the set is for level 45. Let's not kid ourselves, no one in the game would aquire the whole set. So why bother programming them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.