Announcement Ask the CMs in English

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Jul 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

lol,please stop dropping Roshan's Unique from level 50 mobs,these are level 40 gear.
    i think you owe me level 50 Unique Set,just drop it in my inventory. Thanks ;)
    and add some damage to it.

2. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Haruki, thank yoy for answer. Looking forward to a fix in r158. could you please clarify few more things.

1. Blue-purple-red essence power drop. They work against base damage now instead of Output damage.
    2. Walk & ride bugture, could we have it back for PVE only?
    3. 'Randomness' of the Dragan capes looks to be completely broken. Some people get it all the time e.g. 50-80 times in a row, and some get it 0 times in 40 runs. There is no PRNG in the world that would work like this. And the Random function in the game seems to be broken overall, and there are multiple confirmations to it, but of course only Dev could test it out. But in few words, with fair Randomizer, there should be normal gaussian distribution of the resulting Mass Function of the Bernulli trials, which is not the cas with DSO. I would appreciate if someone could take a look.
    4. Is it true that anti addiction system exists in the game and those who play longer are being penalized by worser drop?

Yeah, that new ring is a joke. I would not use it even without dragonache. Legendaries are way better. 600 crit, no, thank you.
    I disagree on the Fortitude ring however, I use it quite a lot in 2h build. Speed and mana are very useful, especially for the solo m2 5k setup.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  3. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

They did! I'm loving it- all looks awesome:)

Darwarren likes this.
  4. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

they should have put a few pumpkins to click on in kingshill and collect stuff everyday,maybe be lucky and get an emote or something.
    i hope they do that on xmas presents in kingshill for that event.would be nice touch.;)

Dragonnns and Yogo like this.
  5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Key phrase - 30% armor gems. As in plural. I don't even have a single 20% gem, and I was in the top 1000 of my leaderboard before r155. When you're at this level, of course many uniques look weak to you.

As for the deep sea set, I obtained 4 of the pieces before level 45, so it can be done. It's a useful leveling set if you find it. I think these "obsolete" pieces should just in the game and players should just use what they find.

6. Shiladitya

Shiladitya Padavan

Depends on perspective, if the same ring gave 1200 crit and 400 hp at lvl50 it would become valuable to all players because then it would match low level legends, currently dragonache gives 25% crit bonus, but wearing warlord set specially, that 25% needs to generate the crit rate from a base crit stat. Since there are no more low level legends giving 1600 crit rate or more at 50 or 700 crit rate and 60 damage at 50 thus that means people take whatever crit rate and additional bonus is offered to them in whatever way possible. The utility of the guardian also depends at the level of game u play. If you play endgame, the utility u would get from 1000 more crit rate from a single item would outvalue any guardian appearing for u at any time otherwise u would die before ur guardian had the chance to block anything for u. Brings us back to the topic of low level legends.....

7. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

Human nature in a nutshell - "1/nnn... players got 4/5 pieces, thus not a major problem for humanity".

We both know chances of getting that last piece has gotten very low. Why don't you farm it nowadays? I suppose thats because you are level 50 and the set has become weak.
    Let's say you want to make semi-necromancer build as a Spellweaver. The given options to you for spawning minions is your guardian, Dragan ring, Guardian Federation set. This makes 3 minions, making the pseudo-necromancer Spellweaver somewhat more realistic.
    Now your farming adventure starts, with the only thing you have - hope. But the problem doesnt end here, again, with each aquired piece of the set, your chances of getting a new piece gets lowered.
    Not to mention the fact that you can farm for 3 years and still not to get a single piece. On the other hand you can kill the first 5 monsters and get the 5 unique. Thins RNG is beyond amateur absurd.

So the game is restricting us, the more variety we want, the heavier the restriction.
    We both know this is a problem, why are you trying to possibly force away a possible change over this issue, when we both know, it is a major issue. Several posts above me mentioned it, and you just came...

With the addition of recent "actual unique items" more and more builds will posible. Builds that are not skill releated, but rather item releated. I don't think DSO should restrict us like this, but rather give us more freedom for our playstyle (they did great improvement with the skill talents).
    I understand unique items must be hard to drop, but this RNG is not well suited for the job. Different players put different amount of work, for the same reward, this obviously is not fair.
    Will you work for 10 an hour while your co-worker works for 100 an hour doing the same? What about vice-versa.

PS: No hate, I always viewed Novadude as an intelligent person, and I still do.

Darwarren likes this.
  8. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

My point was at the end of the statement - use what you do find, and move on to better things as you level up. The RNG is part of this genre of games. I think we'll actually lose some of the fun if the pseudo random drops were taken out of the game.

9. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

While this is a viable option, it doesn't sound like a good idea to build a game around. Why should everyone's goal be the same? Find the ultimate stat legendary and own everything. What if some players want the "find the unique item and own everything". The purpose of uniques is to be unique. Currently the set's stand for no purpose as they are virtually impossible to collect.

Unique items's purpose is to be able to make unique character. I dont see this in the game, do you? Whats the reason?

What Im proposing is an improvement.
    There are good RNG, bad RNG and unfair RNG.

If yo uare against this change, then I will stop here.

10. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

A recent advertisement said, "No one wants to play a game, where the results are random."
    Most people expect food from a restaurant, pay from a job, and the lights to come on when you flip the switch. Otherwise is just foolish, and no one wants to be the fool. (Jesters aside, clown humor welcome. ;):D:rolleyes: )

Most people can't string you along, unless you give them permission.

VMmage likes this.
  11. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

I think lv50 players should start getting honor points from the dishonorable kills in open pvp area, since with the current system in place now lower level player have good chances of getting the score by killing lv50 player but the end game players doesn't get any. What about making it fair for us end game players too?

Shiladitya and hempthegreen like this.
  12. hempthegreen

hempthegreen Advanced

I have to agree. Make it fair Get credit or not getting any credit.. it should not be a one way street

Darwarren and -HARRA81- like this.
  13. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Now that is a nifty idea. Heck, even if it acts like a shabby chest, that would be fun. Hidden easter eggs in urban areas!

14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Just stopping by to say HI.

15. CM Haruki

CM Haruki Community Team Team Drakensang Online

Hello there cheerful people from the internet,

I hope the day is finding you good. Here we go with some juicy answers.

I will open the thread when it's time to open the thread. Not before. Not after.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hopefully one of your problems has been resolved with the hotfix that we have implemented this week. Crossing fingers for you. If not, feel free to contact our customer support team and they will do their best to help you.

I asked around and no one could provide me with a definite answer to solve this mystery. Therefore I am going ahead and anticipate that she is probably not hovering but just singing aloud the latest Dracanian hit. There are quite a lot of those in the event and across all major hubs... I personally like the level of detail of these maps. ^^

Hello there Mr Shiladitya,

the dev diaries regarding the Dragonknight is already out in our youtube channel (here). As for Mabruk's interview I think I already mentioned that it's coming soon - meaning, this next week. A little it of patience, please... Also, we have introduced more pearl drops in Iron Forest at night, Dragan’s Excavation Site and Dungeon in the Sulfur Desert, since they were not dropping correctly in those maps. Hopefully this helps you accomplishing your progress bars!!

So rude... art-department throwaway? Please, nothing our art department people put in maps is arbitrary (except, maybe, that weird fluffy unicorn at Kingshil...).

Hey there Mister,

thanks for your feedback, which will be passed along to the team. Of course you are very entitled to your opinion and it's fine but at the same time we have received quite good feedback on the changes applied already. It's a little bit the bitter and the sweet with this case. But as we have also mentioned always, we keep on monitoring performances, feedback and general data. ;)

I am sure they will be glad to hear that. They spent quite a while dressing up the maps for you guys. ;)

Hello there Mister,

since you are asking for my personal opinion, I will give you my personal opinion (plus will signal when something comes out of these words that also pertains to the team overall). The question of drops and unique sets is a very tricky one because *takes air* depends on luck basically. While some players may need hours and hours farming cheerfully around, some other people find pieces before. Not because they are personally favored by us whatsoever. It simply how drops works. You have seen in the patch notes that we have increased the drops for extraordinary and legendary items in PW, for instance, but quite not so for uniques and this is because it seems to us that uniques need to be something beyond extraordinary. Naturally this can also generate some sparks of personal frustration and I can personally understand that (based on other previous gaming experiences of mine where I was also lured by the possibility of randomly obtaining a certain drop).

Imo is completely normal that a complete collection of all the pieces of the Temple Guardian Set is currently not in the game, for instance. It is completely intended, since the content update has been not even 2 months with us. However you can go around and you will find people with 2 or even 3 pieces already... and the same goes for other kinds of sets.

This said, I will ask the game designers if there is something thought about this for the future, like an enhancement in the drop rate. If this is the case, we will let you know. If this is not the case, we will also let you know. Rest assured that we have confirmed the further rework and revamp of different sets from a stat perspective, so even if you only have some parts and not the whole sets, they will become a little bit more appetizing for you guys.

Cheers to you!

We are making the joke better. Wait. I mean, we are improving the joke so stops being a joke.
    Meaning, rework, rework, rework...!

Hello there again,

we are actually trying to change a little bit the regulations on these boards to mentioning other games for constructive comparison should be a possibility - one thing is healthy comment, another different thing is compulsive publicity, advertisement and rant, rant, rant. Anyway. We are the messengers in the boards and social media, your everyday communication guru across partners, and we will pass along these questions with unique status and drops. However, I can personally say that the team of designers recognizes the situation already and we will address it sooner or later. Please bear with us. ^^

Yeah, some people really like the ring or think is a good edition.
    Again, is impossible to make everyone happy but so far it seems that the ring is very useful for some. So, hooray!

I will just leave THIS here. ;)

1. They have always worked on top of the base damage but the problem is that the character screen has not received an update and therefore it leads to misconceptions and doubts. Originally we would have loved to show all the computations in one place for those stat believers but the idea was cut due to scope. Never say never, we may add it at a later date. But not atm. Sorry about that.
    2. You mean, that elegant levitation movement that afflicted your character when you were summoning a mount or do you refer to the bugture of clicking Teleport + Quick slot and then appearing in the hub already on your mount? If you are referring to the first one: peeew, that was a nasty one and it's not coming back! As for the second one, we do believe is quite convenient and are trying to push it to become a feature in the future. But there is no ETA yet.
    3. Completely broken? I really do not think so...
    4. No, it's not true. This is not arriving to our Drakensang Online. Nope.

---

This will be all for today. Answering more tomorrow so see you there!

Cheers,
    Haruki

16. Sangie

Sangie Forum Apprentice

Hey Tegan server is down, idk if any others are. Would you be able to get this fixed? It is error code 21

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    crazyelli likes this.
  17. sper009

sper009 Padavan

You mean the idea that making farming more convenient and actually a dramatic boost in the Quality of Life in this game was a mistake? Shocker. I'm sure you could pitch it to the idea guys to somehow make this a feature and add the beloved andermant cost in there somewhere.

Still seems not a whole lot has changed in regards to the long term view and direction of this game, and that saddens me. Powers of influence could use an overhaul. Tregs was right all a long even if we never really saw eye to eye.

MANOJ and Shiladitya like this.
  18. Дарки

Дарки Junior Expert

Thank you for you positive reply. I play barbarian from 3 years, have Helmet of death, Shadow wrath, have 2 handed hamers with 1000 dmg without rubies, have more than 4500 dmg overall... have all the possible uniques and all the sets gathered, some of them I have 7 times, like Ceen`s one set... and all of that make my speech polished and polite as a Falling stones. Good for you that you take my position into consideration and reply as a lady. Sorry for my language, I am bulgarian barbarian and Eng is not my native speach.

19. Excalibur1974

Excalibur1974 Junior Expert

Wrong your opinion.
    And wrong how drop works.
    You tell stories about months of farming, people says farming FOR YEARS achieves NOTHING.

We tried to explain this in all ways (mathematical and empirical) in other threads and on multiple forums, it's evident that you (BP, not you Haruki) NEED and WANT system to not drop at all for some players.
    That's all, but i want to be sure that all readers can read this, in a simple and straight TRUE evidence.

But please, for the sake of self-respect, stop to tell people that is dependent from luck.

Shiladitya likes this.
  20. Shiladitya

Shiladitya Padavan

Hello Haruki,

I am doing good , but my pearl count for completing event is not. Well anyways, I watched the video. Very nice explanation of what upgrades the dk got with 157, but ALL the problems DK's had with 155 got summarized into a 1.59 min video lol. That's awesome work. Really deserves applause for short summary videos.

I was expecting:

1> What exactly the devs think went wrong with the DK. Not what some of us told them went wrong.

2>Damage mitigation and item stat enhancement is a problem that affects all chars not just dk's, it will be addressed sooner or later (hopefully) we know that. What is specifically being done for the dK?

3> Is there any plan to rework the dk, specially the 2h DK. Old dragons did not fight other enemies by regenerating 1000 hp per sec. A DK which gets its power from drinking dragon blood shld not have to rely on active regen to survive, the pre 155 passive regens were enuf even without the infinite supernatural regen, so just those 2 and the supernatural regen for 10 secs would be enuf regen for a char if it were given proper survival skills. Specially 2h dks, it was a unique class, instead of building on it and adding to its feature, it was made useless in pvp and also balor like runs. Perhaps the character balance designer should study the origins of the powers of the characters in dso to learn where there power originates from and how to improve upon that, where the strengths and weaknesses of diff chars should be.Heal the wound permanently instead of fitting bandages.
    This point is specially relevant because many players are exploring unique builds nowadays. there are thousands of 2h sw's, steam mechs,dks, longbow using rangers, who are exploring their own unique way to play, i read here some sw even wanting to build a unique necromancer build as his choice. instead of exploring these options for the players, encouraging them, the devs are only focused on nerfing (balancing) well if someone knows how to nerf, he should know how to build up too. knowing only one of those thing, means that the person is incompetent to handle the basics of a character skill build.

4> No address to the lvl45 skill. You say that if a issue is being told as max people want it changed, then the lvl45 skill which 90% of people have said is useless except for boss runs wasn't addressed, neither in 157 or in the dev diaries.

5> Please check out this thread for futher clarity.

5> Please dont let the dev diaries become one of those useless uniques lying in the ironsmiths molten pots.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    -Skygazer- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.