Announcement Ask the CMs in English

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Jul 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

OK, Boobier, when you see me on next, ask for my help. I'll go into a normal 1H DK build. It will have 4600 armor, 13k HP, and 75%/75% block rate/amount. I could do more HP like if I were a flag runner, but I think my build would be representative of what a DK looking to do some competing in PvP. Then, I'll even do the test with my 2H build to see how he would do. I'll do it with no costume and afterwards, I'll post screenshots of my gear used and stats.

2. sdknightno1

sdknightno1 Advanced

Ok, here is what my EA can do against Dr.Horrible.

EA vs 1h build

EA vs 2h build

littlemichel likes this.
  3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

And here are the stats for the two vids.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now, neither of these builds is what I'd bring into PvP. In fact, the only reason we demoed a 2H build is because it is the easiest way to demo a non blocked hit with the high block rate I have when using my shield. If I were going in for damage, I'd have only 10K HP but 2300-2900 damage. If I were going for defense, I'd have 17K HP and an extra 20% run speed and similar armor and block. The set up I chose is supposed to represent a normal good DK in PvP. Additionally, the 1H build would actually have 1.8 attack speed, but about 230 more damage... I'm to cheep to move over my gems and my 1H sword is currently a gem holder for my big sapphires and is only used for real when tanking Balor.

If you still claim that an EA can hit a good tank and result in a one hit KO, it is your turn to prove it... the burden of proof is now on your shoulders. Please demo this amazing 1 hit wonder to us and don't just say that it "could" happen.

Put shortly, the RA would have to have immense damage, high crit damage, and enough luck to roll two unblocked crits back to back. With a 50% crit against 75% block rate means that this would happen once in every 64 hits (1.56% Chance)... and that is based off of a 50% crit rate. To get that would take a quiver and that quiver means that they are vulnerable too. Further, factor in that a mark is needed if you want a chance of a 1 hit KO so they have to land a hunting arrow first and then that double unblocked crit and it just goes to show that the odds of getting one hit by this skill is slim. Basically, It is more likely that I land a headbutt and unblocked crit smash (or MWS) in my 2H build and that can kill almost any SW, RA, or SM.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    VMmage, misterbean, MANOJ and 4 others like this.
  4. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Once again someone that presents partial information and moans about a class they don't play or understand being OP. MoP you should know better. You're not new to the forums. Your information is misrepresented to the point that arguing with each inaccuracy is pointless. Your confusing yourself with the armor break and EA damage. They are two different things and your whole middle grid of damage is goofy. Armor break does no damage. I think what you are trying to point out is the skill they are associated with and the damage they do. Well guess what, the skill rangers have EA attached to is their endgame biggest skill, not so for other classes. So comparing the damage of a high level RA skill and low level skills of different classes is goofy. If you're getting one shot by RA in PVP with 12.5k HP and 6k+ armor then you need to put the pipe down and/or tell the whole truth.

misterbean likes this.
  5. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Is it that you have got more than 4k +4k (9k total) 1 hit when marked with no crit? And 65% of block is not that bad if you are a mage. So what would that mean for a mage? No block = dead? 1 blocked 1 not and crit = dead? 4.5k total unmarked?.. and I do understand that the RA is in attacking mode, but anyway what does that video proves? It could be 20k if two crits and no blocks against mage easily. It is 20k potential damage with no cooldown.

I do not get the point unless you are just debating the numbers.

6. fab

fab Advanced

Having plenty of points doesn't mean the arena is dominated by SW.
    I assume that you're playing a RA NO DOUBTS defending ur precious skill by all means like those players.
    As for dks, their damage isn't low either too and their healing skills is way too much too they can just heal without having to touch anything BUT sw got to kill something in order to get some HP back.
    what do you think , then ?
    NO DOUBTS:D:D
    NO DOUBTS, i guess you doesn't know what a wizard in D3 ( diablo3 ) can do and this game is simply just a clone

7. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

If the SW's want to squeal about overdamaged skill they should use caution or at least they should speak the whole truth as the Ice sphere spell does equivallant or higher damage than EA, is easier to achieve those big numbers by mediocre toons as the SW gets the additional benefit being able to achieve higher base damage than RA's, and, oh ya, did I forget to add that the skill is BUGGED as it often causes damage more than once to a single target in its path before it ever explodes. Ya, I play a SW too. Do you really want to jump on this OP skill bandwagon?
    It's obvious the Dev's do not want to reduce anyone's damage, quite the opposite as they keep giving us new ways to add more damage. Gems in R158 are the latest assault.

Don't jump on RA's that point out crappy arguments when you are willing to lend voice to that argument without pointing out your own skills that cause the same issues in PVP. It's like the naggy woman that criticizes other mothers for their parenting skills, then goes home and yells at her kids.

WE ALL DO TOO MUCH DAMAGE TO EACH OTHER! They gave us skills and damage to fight tough mobs with 50k HP and armor/resists to go along with it.
    They gave the average toon a 75% upgrade in damage, more for SM's and less for DK. Then gave us skills with increased percentages for damage. But then they only increased defenses and HP by 25%. Can you not see the actual problem here? And to reinforce this as a problem, they then threw us in a cage and said have fun killing each other. ITS BROKE, and the fix is to reduce everyone's PVP damage. Bang bang bang, the drum gets hit again.

These OP arguments are just stupid. And ya'll fall for them over and over when some ignorant statement is made by someone who does not understand the game and what is causing the problems. The state of things: I can kill any DK 1 or 2 handed. I can be killed by some DK's 1 or 2 handed if they catch me with cooldowns unavailable or stun breaks unavailable. I can kill any SW regardless of gear if they let me hit them or I catch them off guard. I can be killed by any SW if they catch me off guard, drained of concentration, or unable to break stuns. SM's just make me mad now. I can kill em all if they stand still and try to shoot back. Some can kill me if their damage is high and they don't let me multi hit them.

Everyone can kill everyone if they show skill, select the right gear and use their skills correctly in combination with that gear. Yes, time and toon development is a factor. If you feel one class has an unfair advantage over another then you are missing the opportunity to help fix the real problem because you are falling for these posts made in anger that are just ignorant.

8. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Hey man. I like what you post, I do read everything you post. And everything you say on 'damage mitigation' and overall mess makes perfect sense. No questions, noone is arguing or debating that. But could you please forget about the generic damage mitigation issue for a minute? :) no, really, just assume there is no issue with that and all chars have 100k something HP :)

Ice sphere is equal in dmg to EA? Are you celebrating something tonight? :) happy birthday. Now tell me it is an easy skill to cast, it is super fast, it's range is 25 DSO meters like the EA, and its damage area is not limited. And then tell me your char att speed influences the ice sphere speed. Also tell me it is a good option against the hit&run archer, who only engages in a ready mode. I really hope you do celebrate something tonight.

babu_o_babu and fab like this.
  9. fab

fab Advanced

Bring your sw into the arena and fight and stop giving answers like they are too weak or good gears.
    Why don't you say that they doesnt have good gems as well, :D
    Resistance gems is brought into the game to nerf sw damage , further more enchantments is made to nerf them even more.
    Game should be made in a well balanced and it shouldnt be in a way like favours one character and neglecting another.
    Fyi, the mana depleted so fast in just 2 shots and to replenish that you got to use teleport but ranger uses adrenaline to replenish concentration and escape route is still available ( dive and bladedance). Oh well well..... is it fair now ?

10. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

You rangeres moan, cry, whine all the time about everything.

11. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Love ya both, your passion is obvious.

No, not even, not the same, not equal. Nor should they be. The differences in what each class has makes it special and interesting. Yes, EA has a range and speed advantage over IS. But, it is also RA only option as a big hitter and it needs a clear path to target. They are different skills and employed differently to get full benefit. I don't get mad at ya when you stand behing a wall and throw 7k lightning bolts at me even though I don't have that option. It is one of your class specialties. I don't begrudge the SM's ability to throw a fricken turret on me and run around untouchable while I stand on the flag to keep him away. I don't begrudge the DK's ability to absorb hit after hit after hit, then turn on dragan hide and dash through my net and thicket to get away with the flag. It is a class specialty and makes them special. Being different is what makes it good. If you don't want to play midfield and fight archers then don't. I would say that is playing into our hands. Do you stand toe-to-toe with a DK and slug it out? I won't make suggestions on how to use that skill to its full advantage you would know better than I, but if you don't go to them they will come to you.
    That was the wrong thing to do MoP. I had hoped you would learn from your past but apparently you haven't, so here it goes.
    That is an amazingly hilarious comment comming from the person that started this mess by doing the moaning about getting 1-shot. And then in the face of multiple proofs that your statement holds no truth you counter with another unfounded unsupported accusation that insults an entire class. Don't worry I'm not like that, I dont think all DK's are blethering wind bags just because one is. You complain without proof, you argue without support, make unfounded illinformed accusations, exagerate and fabricate your own truth. Let me get this right, you decide that just because some RA you didn't even know, agreed with you in whispers you were right about EA doing too much damage. When in reality he probably did it to get you to quit complaining to him and end the conversation. Then in the face of Video support you accuse them of incorrectly testing it. But you won't provide your own evidence to support your complaint. Out of courtesy to you, I have not pointed a finger at you in this mess you created until now, but your contributions to this forum are NEVER positive or productive. All you do is insight argument with baseless accusations and argue with good people that are trying to learn this complex game. I'm sure after you read this and let your ego and temper overide your common sense, we will get more amazingly insightful words of wisdom from you.

VMmage, crazyelli, Troneck86 and 5 others like this.
  12. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

[​IMG]
    It's like arguing with kids. No matter the facts or proof you show them, they will just stuff their fingers in their ears and repeat endlessly while shaking their heads:
    "lalalalalalala ranger is op lalallalalala"

13. lenalee.chan

lenalee.chan Forum Greenhorn

Hi, I have a question about combining the items from amon set on the bench. This will be possible only for the new set untouchables ? Or also for the old amon set ? What about the weapons of the end of time, or the rings that will be dropping from bosses in parallel words ?

14. fab

fab Advanced

I guess you really forgot that rangers eagles killed more ppl than lightining strike which really amuse alot of people out there.
    Guess what a DICK can be more deadlier than nature itself, ask yourself that question :cool:
    It is just simply hilarious:rolleyes:
    And that is proven , that doesnt need support or prove if actual number they dealt far greater numbers than one can imagine

15. littlemichel

littlemichel Active Author

bring the Mirror
    1. "You rangeres moan"
    2.cry
    3.whine all the time about everything"
    :D

16. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Come on now Fab, your comparing a skill with a 30 second cooldown and does 250% of an RA's base damage to Lightning bolt?

Not sure what that last part means.

misterbean likes this.
  17. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

most of the time my eagle gets interrupted halfway through and at endgame level most have high run speeds in 5vs5. So I rarely catch anyone with eagles. And who uses lightning strikes in pvp? That's for pve. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Why don't you give rangers 2h weapons so then we could have 5k-6k-7k base dmg too. You only see what you want to see, but don't see that for 2h pve setup, we have far lower dmg than all the other classes.

18. fab

fab Advanced

Its really getting interesting if someone says that they played a sw all along should know better that cooldown for sw is way too long and they didnt even realise that rangers EA got absolutely ZERO cooldown, together with that marking the numbers is just staggering.
    Ask yourself the numbers, im very sure you know better than me.
    What is eagles damage by the way? 320% ?:D

Sure give rangers a 2H weapon and take away that marking system, ultra slow frozen sphere ( in exchange for ultra slow EA ) and shorter range.
    Give them a skill similar to singularity ( cant think of any names ), and you guys will cry how is like to play a mage like ranger !
    Lower damage ?, are you sure check the forums for those godlike dmaage in dso.
    Without marking they are already dealing with tons of damage and now with EA ( new skills ) they are almost killing almost everyone ( including themselves ) with just 1 shot, besides dks !
    Player don't complain if the gap between classes is minimal but the gap between the clsses is simply far too great.

19. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

Top rangers I've seen on the forum have 3k-3.5k dmg
    Top mages have close to 7k from what I've seen.
    Of course if you compare noob mage 2-3k dmg with top ranger 3.5k dmg, you're gonna get incorrect results.
    But of course these are pve builds, but since pvp is broken, everyone uses pve build in arena now. With 1h weapon and shield / quiver, the damage across classes should be balanced.
    The marking system allows us to do only a little more dmg than the other classes do without marking. But the other classes have more base dmg (at least in pve), as for pvp, the ranger shots are harder to land with very narrow radiuses. Each class is op and has its advantages and disadvantages, otherwise it would be boring. But I don't see rangers having bigger advantages than the other classes.

I just played pvp a little earlier and I got in front of a mage at some point. I tried 3 times one after the other to use the eagle but he stunned me and interrupted the skill 3 times again and again.

Now of course the explosive shot deals insane dmg to players with glass cannon build, but that's because I also use a glass cannon build. So I will die from 1-2 fireballs. But when I attack balanced build players with the EA, it doesn't kill them so easy. And the EA takes tons of concentration. If I miss what then? I'm left with 1 precision and adrenaline recharge. After that I'm dead.

From a mage's perspective, I think the best way to beat a glass cannon ranger who uses EA, would be to use balanced build like dragan + shield + decent dmg + 1.77 speed or 2.01 , 2.36 should be enough.
    You only have to survive 1 explosive arrow (if he catches you), then it's so easy to kill the ranger, just stun stun stun, slow down with ice sphere.

If balanced ranger vs balanced mage, sure he has EA which does 600% dmg but he's only got 1-2 shots and they won't be so strong if he has balanced build. For 1 explosive shot you can spam 3 fireballs.

20. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

@ all who like post from Bigpapa, If you can't admite the truth about EA damage, then thats you problem man, not mine. With all the respect I know one of you hates me very much (and you don't even know me - wonderful), making my stay at forum worst it can make it, punishing me for nothing sometimes just 'couse she can. That is so unfer to me, I'am a person to not just a nick name, try taking nicely to me, it will not hurt.

"Some are more afraid of the Light then the child of the Dark" You'll know what it means if you can understand it.

- Tone down damage a post more videos please
    I'll post video when I can, but be asured it's gonna be the truth and not lies you telling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.