Ask the Gurus in English

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by trakilaki, Mar 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

Hello, more questions, i'm new and this new moon event seems good, but wiki says i can only get fairy wood when the event isn't active?

How many realm fragments should i save up before trying an event like this?

2. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

My DK (secondary toon) and my SM have done some of the PvP quests in Kingshill. And nothing beyond Kingshill.
    My RA and my SW (main toon) have never even accepted a PvP quests and neither have ever set foot in the PvP arena.

I've just always been a PvE player. PvP has never really interested me much. It did a little back with Quake and UnReal (long time ago) and with one of the Star Wars based games (oh what was his name... the one where he had to go to the Jedi Temple and get his powers back... ?, anyway... Kyle. That was it. Kyle Ka-Tarn.). Anywho, the point is that for the most part, 3rd person viewing is not inviting to me for PvP. And most of the PvP games I played, didn't last that long due to the lack of proper complete controls, or due to lack of good connection (which back then wasn't near as good as what I have today). I'd end up back in PvE or move on to the next PvE game.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It was that way in the past ... now you can get the woods even when the event is active. I changed the description of Fairy Wood at Wiki.
    I am saving all my amphora keys for this event and opening the amphoras ... that is the fastest way to collect woods.
    That depends on many factors ... but you should probably save enough realm fragments for at least 20-30 runs.

Frostarch likes this.
  4. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

you can do the pvp daily quest in max 1 hour, just avoid the wins quest by paying, easy peasy, you can then have your golden clover

5. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

You've just described the PvP shop. Save up 20M honour points and buy your black bear!;)

6. sargon234

No,i didn't do that, read better what i write. I asked an opinion for a chest, a chest containing a random resource and a jackpot
    Do pvp vendors sell potions, essences, gems?No, they don't

7. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

Hm.. It seems i'll be stuck now. I just got level 52, so i'll soon be max level. I tried out grimmagstone on lowest difficulty and i can't do it at all. Killing an elite mob takes a EDIT ton of time so it seems i'm way undergeared.

In short, how should i go about gearing myself up now? The only goals i see are events, the full moon has a nice 2h staff and this current event has some good items too, but they don't seem nearly enough to go to grimmagtone. Besides it seems getting exactly the staff i want will be incredibly hard. There doesn't seem to be a shop where i can buy the staff for draken

Aiming for this: http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Rune_Staff

One problem seems to be crit, i have 13% crit.. All these sets giving me crit dmg mean nothing!

Am i supposed to farm normal maps to craft gear until i can do parraler world?

I play solo as mage, currently will work towards this event.

Last edited by moderator: Sep 28, 2017
  8. sargon234

you have to farm onyxes to get high crit, and craft elm and weapon ornament. I would suggest doing new moon event black queen
    First of all you have to level up to 55

Frostarch likes this.
  9. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

Frostarch you need to find a decent guild that will help you get thru all the PW's. What server are you on.

10. gun

gun Forum Great Master

It's an option. I took this path. Back then I enter PW only after I farm about 1,5-2k blue ess from normal map.
    I rushed to complete Q1 & Q2(Boss with red ess, died alot but it's fine). After that spent almost a year in Q3M1 farming the 3 minibosses. From that I got better and better.

11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Level up to 55 - this will make it easier to join pw groups.

Also consider doing full moon event in a group so you can get more shots at the blood rune 2H staff. Or farm mat frags and buy the herald set as the highest tier you can a group to complete it.

Last edited by moderator: Sep 28, 2017
  12. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I found that getting into groups and doing the Depths of Demise to be quite productive. You get exp and can find items to get better. Plus bone coins. And **Gems**. You should be building all your equiped gems up to Polished and convert to Polished of Quazzy. The gem conversions will do a lot to build you up. After you get all the equipped ones to Polished, then work on getting them all to Radiant.

The cheapest conversion is at level of Polished. Above that the "price" doesn't change. The most expensive is converting the Flawed and then combining them. If you need to, at level 52 you can still do farming of Nahuatlan and Cradles of Life/Death for gems and get exp.

Melt everything blue and above and those Glyphs will help you get stronger. (I sell the greens for gambling money to get *gems*spirit stones*purple/orange essences*)

Also, do the events. They help, even if you don't complete them, they still help greatly (and again, give exp) by occasionally giving you a new better item.

13. sargon234

A question for new moon: all amphoras drop the frozen brooms or just the golden ones?

14. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

Can you explain this?

Heredur, i tried asking for english guild in chat but i got laughed at and people said "they aren't guilds anymore, everybody plays solo"

15. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

English is not the predominant language on most servers, including the "American" servers (now physically located in China), where Spanish and Portuguese are more prevalent. I'm on Tegan; was invited to a guild of about 40 players maybe 6 months ago ... I'm on semi-hiatus, but whenever I poke my head back into the game and think to check the guild roster, it's a very rare moment when I'm >not< the only member online. Hopefully Heredur is a more active server and you'll find a group with whom you can communicate the basics at least.

Frostarch likes this.
  16. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

Usually ppl are more eager to invite/accept players with the same level.
    Doing events in group is less boring, at least for me, but if you have no one to play with.. :( Anyway, hope you'll find a good guild!
    Farming on Great Desert (and other maps) is always an option to get better gear and then trying PW

17. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

In a group, only one player needs to have a blood vial to summon vargulf. So you can basically increase the number of times you kill vargulf and open the bloodmoon map, assuming you are in a group that takes turns invoking vargulf.

Also, you get a lot more event progress in the bloodmoon map, making it easier to get the progress rewards.

Frostarch likes this.
  18. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Neither, I'm need to focus on getting to the point where I can actually handle and contribute in Infernal I and II.
    Not quite true. They use private IPs that belong to Youzu, but as near as I can tell, they are physically somewhere near Palo Alto, California. Running a Geo-Location search of 49.51.45.46 (Agathon's IP) gives a result of China, but the IP before that (213.248.90.251) returns Palo Alto, California (And Europe/UK, but those look like junk entries from another register service.) I can say with near absolute certainty that there is no direct connection between Palo Alto and Bejing which implies that the IP, while Chinese in origin, is actually located in California. Going one IP further back (62.115.125.185) reinforces this since you get San Jose, California (And Europe and New York as junk entries). All evidence points to California.

19. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Somehow I didn't quite accept that they would move the servers over the ocean. Had they, I would have expected much higher lag which I didn't see change.

Good snooping. ;) Or in this case "trace routing". :)

20. csillámpóni

csillámpóni Forum Greenhorn

How do I farm 10k andermants a day on a fresh, weak level 55 without using my creditcard?