Ask the Gurus in English

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by trakilaki, Mar 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Whip out the credit card like everyone else. There are very few who get both super high defense and a great offense, but it is possible with enough time, luck and money.

2. ROOK

ROOK Someday Author

Hi gurus, what about different hit range and hit box between the classes?
    I never find a threrad on this aspect but i'm quite sure, for example, that mages have a longer range and a bigger box than rangers...

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Count out the luck and money factor.
    Getting high damage is easy with all classes ... but tanks are having the edge because they have high survivability and can regen HP without any disruption. It is not a matter of luck or money ... if you know how to build your tank you are being granted immortality.
    How to get high damage? craft your Life Keeper or the cube weapon and there you go. All classes can do that with a shield ... but they are not immortal as tanks are.

SWs are having edge in both ways ... but it is not that important in PvP. It only allows them to make use of them with "certain kind of bugs" in PvE (if you know what I mean). In the end it is not that big of a deal.

Too much serious questions around here ... you are all going "off topic" ... this thread is for (t)®olling. :D

piteris2 likes this.
  4. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I keep hearing how it is so easy to be OP in dmg while maintaining super high defense, yet everyone isn't running around being immortal. Weird.....

I know, there are a handful but I'm postive that the tens of thousands of DK's playing the game aren't all immortal. Or did I miss the day that dev's gave all DK's immortality?

5. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

He just means that everyone has the potential to do it, given time.

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Think of it like two circles. One around you/your attack (think of it like a series of circles making a path in the case of ranged attacks) and one around the enemy. If the two circles touch, your attack does damage to the enemy.

I know in PvE, it is easy to find examples of enemies that have larger hit boxes; bosses, the bugs in HoD, the slimes, etc. And it is easy to find what skills have larger hit ranges by using a stationary target and varying your melee distance/angle of ranged attack.

I know, right?!? What ever happened to questions like:
    Keep the serious stuff to serious threads. :p

Conqueror21 and piteris2 like this.
  7. Conqueror21

Conqueror21 Forum Apprentice

Does anyone know if it's a good idea crafting the witch seeker's pauldors?I know that they are the only pauldors adding damage(a couple more infernals and they 'll be adding more damage than the set bonus itself),but when using it ,the armour value gets so redicioulously low, that I can't tell if its worth keeping the way it is , or crafting resistance/armour value lines to it.

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

First you need to define "everyone".
    "Everyone" in my world is not same as "everyone" in your.
    When I enter arena and i get killed by a tank ... faster than a 2H DK would have done, there must be either serious flaw in the game mechanics or a serious exploit that needs to be fixed. I believe it is the first one.
    When a tank can deal twice as much damage as me in few seconds there must be a flaw.
    Tanks with 14K base damage and high crit hit and crit damage are not rare cases. Those are pretty much the picture of what all moderately well and beyond ... builds looks like. I have around 10K matches in Duels alone ... all made since the latest expansion. That means i have encountered pretty much all kind of players which gives me the possibility to paint the big picture.
    There are tanks that can't deal damage at all but they are having high defense, HP and HP regeneration ... those are not the issue. They simply suck creating their build thinking they would run and heal OR they were creating a build for running with a flag. You can deal over million damage to them but they won't be able to deal more than 10K damage to you. They will eventually die in exhaustion.
    There are tanks that are dealing high damage but get killed in few shots. Those are not reliable comparison either.
    And finally ... there are tanks who have high offense and defense. No other class can compete with them. Trust me you don't have to put a lot of money to build a tank like that. I would estimate that 20% of the end game tanks on Grimmag server are belonging in this category.
    Your toon/s is/are not even moderately built ... yet. You can't have the correct picture when you are simply not there.

EDIT
    //////
    https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/show-what-you-have.7899/page-92#post-686569 ;)

Personally i don't use witch seeker gear because i am playing with longbow ... but I would never craft those pauldrons anyway.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  9. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Terrible idea. The whole point of the set is the damage on the pauldrons. If you want armor/resist on pauldrons, there are better alternative sets out there.

_Baragain_ and Conqueror21 like this.
  10. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

I don’t quite understand. How would the tanks die in exhaustion when they have far more HP than their opponent AND they can HP regen? Surely they would just spam all their regen skills and recover HP while the opponent would be the first to die of exhaustion? Maybe I am missing something...
    How is this possible? I don’t mean in terms of money, time spent, etc., I mean in terms of stats. I thought that you can either have high damage + crit, etc. and low HP/armour, etc.; or high HP/armour, etc. and low damage + crit, etc., but not both high at the same time...

11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Tanks can't regen HP in exhaustion time.

Additionally, HP reduces as a percentage of total HP in exhaustion time. So if a SW with 25K hp gets to exhaustion with no HP loss and a DK with 200K arrives with 50K, the DK will fall first assuming no other damage is dealt.

What an exhaustion DK tries to do is deal some damage and regen all the damage dealt to such that at the beginning of exhaustion time, the DK has the full HP (200K in the previous example) and the SW has less than full hp. As long as the DK takes no damage in exhaustion, they'll win.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    piteris2, _Baragain_ and Jhinstalock like this.
  12. _Baragain_

Like the Darkness Pauldrons. Their offensive value is not lost if you craft.

But yea, the only reason to use the Witch Seeker set is for the 14%-15% damage on the pauldrons and the 11.1% Attack Speed/22.2% Max Damage. If you craft the Witch Seeker pauldrons, you lose the key part of the set.

Conqueror21 likes this.
  13. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Well, would the witch seeker set become OP if they put offensive values as unique bonuses for the pieces?

_Baragain_ likes this.
  14. heror

heror Forum Baron

hey gurus hey i wanna ask smt. I dont know if any of you have experimented with this but if you augment lv 5 kara pauldrons with 13 % dmg to tier 6 will it be 15 % since 13 is the max of the old value and 15 is the max of the new value or its useless.

15. Archane

Archane Forum Apprentice

Well my limited experience so far with only augmenting a couple pieces is that the enchantments stay exactly the same, only the base values go up with the raising of the tier but someone else might have a different answer.

Jhinstalock likes this.
  16. _Baragain_

It would, but they haven't, so it isnt.
    What he said. While I have not experimented, I am reasonably sure that they won't change. That is why people farm for/buy those pauldrons at T6.

17. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Why would it that?

18. heror

heror Forum Baron

Sargon well it " would " because if you lv up from t5 to t6 normally the base dmg wshould stay lets say 10 percent right if its min t5 dmg but on t6 pauldrons that exist ( as shown in the event tab ) there are no pauldrons with lower than 12 percent so that is the " normal" logic that " should " be but gg i guess bugenswag doesnt know logic ?

19. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Hi my forums liege ( GURUs )

I know you will be able to give me solace for the incoming release.
    I'm one of your truly devoted DK.
    I'm wondering why all classes ( except DK ) will have their base damage increase ( mage of a +30% as well from 360 to 468).
    This incoming PVE release will hardly smack us all ( DK ) on our face but we will resist and survive, praying your name with all of our devotion and faith.
    I know this is a test and I know you will give me the faith and wisdom ( hope a lot of wis. ) to pass through this test.

I'm ready and proud to be your arena cannon fodder.

faithfully yours

20. Jocom

Jocom Forum Apprentice

If Fort Knox was a shed and daisies grew on trees, doth mother know you weareth her drapes? Conversely, would you prefer rocky road or chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream? Or rather, would ponies ice-skate through tulips?

trakilaki and Jhinstalock like this.