Auto Play Feature Causing Crashes

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Troneck86, Jan 27, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

It seems they have taken out that shady "feature" of AutoPlay in the keyboard tab in the Settings. The thing is, it must still be hardcoded and defaulting to the "z" key, which I was able to change to "Display Skills" when the AutoPlay key was able to be edited within the settings.

Since clearing my cache tonight, I was going back and setting up my preferred keys and low and behold the key I want to change is "Display Skills" to the key "z."

Doing so causes a crash every single time, thus making me unable to set "Display Skills" to "z," which is what I have been using for the past 5 months.

This is what I get:
    [​IMG]

2. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I don't know about you, but it seems that the Autoplay set as Z is still in my settings.xml file... so try to set it manually with a text editor (i.e. notepad) from the settings.xml file from the DSOClient folder. So, log out, close your client, modify the keys you want in the settings.xml, save the changes and then try the game again to see it works.

Troneck86 likes this.
  3. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Thank you very much @bLaind! This worked.

Here's what it looked like before I edited:
    [​IMG]

Here's after editing (note: I just typed in "InvalidKey" for the Autoplay line):
    [​IMG]

Perhaps someone from the moderating team can pass this upward to the right people? No reason players should have to edit hidden files to change key bindings, especially if a non-supported "feature" has its own binding that can't be edited in-game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.