Feedback Axe counterparts

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by ΣMiwel, Oct 17, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you consider regular crit weapons for classes other than DK important?

1. Yes!

66.7%
  2. No!

33.3%
  1. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

So, I think this is very important for the CE.

Since they've announced on FB that DKs will get an offensive offhand, which will be a counterpart to book/quiver/tool... I suggest that the other classes get crit weapons aside of the few uniques, which would be a counterpart to DKs' axes. And, while we're at it, maybe mage and dwarf could get a sword counterpart for attack speed... but this one is less important.

2. raider

raider Forum Pro

Honestly with all these changes it's hard to predict that how "positive" this change is for DKs, if any.
    And.. if they will kill off the 2H builds or not..

3. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

DK's shield's base values were decreased more than once, first time with Vargluf's (wolf slayer) then gwenfara's and both were pvp whiners related ....
    I don't think so, it's just compensation for earlier mistakes they made listening ranged whiners .
    I don't get it! Why do you hate DK class so much?! :D

You always forget most important thing - DK is melee class, don't have elemental dmg based skills or crazy dmg multiplier (dwarfs) so ...

raider likes this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

How do you know that when you were not playing the game for a longer time? :p

5. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

:D

I finished studies 5 years ago but you're partially right - I have "Lor'Tak break" but that doesn't mean that I didn't know about that CE ....

You know that I've done every q here :p

Back to shields - I remember very well how Wolf Slayer suffer nerf, about Gwenfara's is pointless talking and only Vargulf's shield were obsolete (without base stats).

6. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

It doesn't make sense what you ask when you don't even know how skills work after November 24th let alone the items!

Just to say my ranger on hiatus from lv 50, in the next expansion between unique and legendary old, when everything will be merged, I expect a general rebalancing of everything else if I have to lose so much!

Now you are shocked that Dk finally has, something that lv40 lacks and countless requests have been made to correct, the void let's talk about 9 years of play for 1 item!

I'm definitely not expecting big things as they have to balance it across 3 weapons (Which they never did because normally at each expansion the Dk can only use 1 of the 3 weapons, the others are almost useless).

This is what they wrote on discord:

(Jesse09/10/2020
    What we know about DARK LEGACY so far

1) New quest types (daily, weekly, monthly) that aim to reward player's activity with valuable and useful items.

2) New shield system for bosses (and maybe special monsters) that makes boss fights on hard modes challenging again. The rewarded loot will be worth the time the player has to invest to defeat a difficult boss.

3) Dark Legacy will have a level increase containing new quests, new maps, new monsters and two new world bosses!

4) The equipment tiers will be removed and the item level will define the power! This DOES NOT mean the current equipment items will loose any value Higher tier items will have a higher item level, so for example if you have a Tier 10 Herald's Burning Thunder it will have a way higher item level (and thus more power) than a Tier 6 Herald's Burning Thunder The effort, time and money you put into your equipment will NOT be worthless with Dark Legacy

5) There will be new skills, new talents and new ways of upgrading those to improve your class the way it works best with your very own play style. You can focus on class-specific abilities (e.g. the elements for Spellweaver, defense/taunting for Dragonknight etc) and you can decide which skills you want to boost and combine with talents!

6) A new crafting method called Enchantment Transfer Crafting will be introduced and allows you to transfer one of your preferred enchantments (or all of them) from any equipment item to another! Instead of endlessly farming different crafting cores and collecting tons of Gold, you can craft your items with Glyphs of Power!
    [13:37]
    7) The last three and toughest difficulties will be called Infernal - Merciless - Bloodshed and will replace the current Infernal 1-7 difficulty setup! It will be more convenient which difficulty you should and can play, what you can expect from it and how you get rewarded!

8) Quests can be solved in any difficulty!

9) The Character Sheet window will be adjusted and tell you more details about your stats e.g. movement speed!

10) More available sockets for Gems (up to 10 depending on item level) and the possibility to add any Gem to any Equipment item! Jewels and Runes will be added to a complete new type of item (up to 10 slots per item)!

11) 18 new unique maps with different variations and additional mini-dungeons! There will be Labyrinths to explore and secrets to reveal! Wilderness and dungeon maps will contain an improved scaling system that makes solo and group play more challenging and fun! Wilderness maps will also have a new "matchmaking mechanic" based on various factors!

12) You can drop basic cloaks from monsters and Dragonknights will be able to obtain offensive shields! They will be called Battle Shields!

13) to be announced...

More and more info will be added here to avoid rumors and conspiracy theories, to reduce the time until the CE date (24.11.2020) and to increase the HY)

Offensive shields: Which in theory we already have and which have been like saying degraded due to user complaints!

Now everyone can have the same impact in pvp and I leave the poisonous parts to those who still manage to play in that land of anarchy.

I expect a lot more of an item, from the expansion, how to balance the damage and the speed of the farm in the map, the damage between the same classes, because it is a thing no longer bearable, we are talking about nonsense extra costs, in this moment, and survival parity on the map and by bosses is fine too? All this is a bit of a utopia and risks having the usual sense of disappointment after the fact, they have never been able to do something decent but have shown the worst in the last year.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    raider likes this.
  7. raider

raider Forum Pro

Honestly, most of the allegedly "new" things coming with the CE feels like this :rolleyes:

Scammy advertising if you ask me.

kuwabaraz likes this.