Ban/Rollback/Do Nothing

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, Aug 17, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What do you want to happen to the cheaters.

Poll closed Sep 14, 2016.
  1. Do Nothing.

5.7%
  2. Roll Back

12.2%
  3. Permanent Ban, No Matter How Long It Takes!

82.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I know there is a "Rollback Poll" thread, but I want to send a different message to BP.

A rollback may be better than nothing, but it still isn't as good as banning these cheaters and making them work from scratch with a new character that has no item, no gems, no XP, no honor, and only 600 andermant to start with.

Doing a rollback will just make the cheaters laugh and say to themselves "Oh well, I didn't actually lose anything other than time. I guess I'll just go back to playing as if nothing happened." It is like a bunch of cocky bank robbers getting caught but they get released and only have the money taken back, but don't get sent to jail. It is laughable.

Meanwhile, all the honest players are set back hours and hours of legitimate game play and the joke is on them for playing right and abiding my the Terms of Service.

So, I ask you all this:
    Do you want the cheaters to get away with this?
    Obviously not!

Do you want the honest players to get hurt in this process?
    I hope not.

Or do you want the cheaters to get what they deserve and a very clear message sent to future would be cheaters about what happens when they think they can get something for nothing?
    I do.

I want the developers to STOP ALL DEVELOPMENT and give this their undivided attention and I want to producers to offer a bonus to the developer who figures out the 100% sure way to detect and ban all the cheaters. I don't care if we don't get R172 on time, or if we don't see it for another two months. I want this fixed and fixed right no matter how long it takes.

So, If you agree with me, vote for a BAN for all the cheaters and send BigPoint a message that we want them to do their job right if they want to see any player support in the future.

2. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

Agreed, it is like building a tall building. If you do not maintain the lower floors the building will collapse so what is the point of adding even more floors?

3. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

THIS. SO MUCH THIS. Bigpoint NEVER knew how to get their priorities right. They always focus their attention on secondary things.

Dragenstein likes this.
  4. _Baragain_

P.S. All votes are public to view, so cheaters may not want to endorse the "Do Nothing" option. :p

5. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

The funny thing is that they even lowered the drop rate, dyes from the gnob, splintered ruby/sapphire. They gave us a lot of power to close the gap between us to the cheaters.

6. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Spot on. I too would be quite content if nothing else came out of the dev shop until these cheaters are identified and punished.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

.krom70. and Troneck86 like this.
  7. thuglifederp

thuglifederp Active Author

The event is been out for like a week or so now, I really hope there wont be a roll back, i progresed so much in the last days, Im finaly doing well in 1v1 pvp( except vs mages) i have alot of eggs openers and CoT and arena coins and i wanna use them but im afraid if a roll back happens. BP said they will fix the bug but they didnt said what will happen.
    I know im not the only one there are tons of players who progresed in the last week in a fair way a roll back will punish them too much and the cheaters wont care like _Baragain_ said he is right.

Szmaciak likes this.
  8. BurdushSM

BurdushSM Forum Apprentice

Permanent Ban, No Matter How Long It Takes!

Last edited by moderator: Aug 17, 2016
    .krom70., anonima, mint_rhino and 2 others like this.
  9. KanKomar

KanKomar Forum Apprentice

Permaban for all bug users

.krom70., anonima and mint_rhino like this.
  10. Muerte89

Muerte89 Forum Greenhorn

ok, perma ban
    All votes are public to view, so cheaters may not want to endorse the "Do Nothing" option

.krom70. likes this.
  11. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Permanent ban, no matter if you have to stop developing, bug-fixing, or whatever else, no matter what it takes, hire extra-people if needed, permanent ban.

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

:D
    Can't you see they want to disband the current staff ... while promoting Chinese BS games via our DSO emails.
    Hire extra people :D :D Yeah ... right.

VukChe, mrmlja and Troneck86 like this.
  13. DJBarman

DJBarman Active Author

permanent ban you can even shutdown servers for a week or two if its necessary

14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Sounds good to me ... i have a job to do at TS :D

15. LooneyTed

LooneyTed Someday Author

Hello, all...

Permanent ban plus delete all accounts, bar all known IP addresses and e-mail addresses. Make it difficult to come back and play and only with pure new toons. It's not hard. I've thrown out a suggestion and I've seen another simple, thorough solution.

If Bigpoint won't do this why should the honest players not pull big exploits themselves? This game is becoming a hollow shell of what I started with. Bah.

Regards,

LooneyTed

Be kind.

.krom70. and mint_rhino like this.
  16. _Baragain_

I welcome them back. Just like the bot users. But on their second time around, they will know that BP means business and will think twice about cheating. If anything, I think it is an even bigger insult to the cheaters to say "We hoped you learned your lesson and we welcome you to come play fair." Some of these cheaters were really old accounts that were huge PvPers and huge P2Pers and the thought that they'd have to go back to being a nobody with nothing pleases me immensely (if they came back at all).

17. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Good

18. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

One issue with rollback, or selective rollback is that would require certain procedures, processes, automation tools for disastery recovery for instance, etc. I doubt any of those are available in whatever form.

The other thing is that doubt they store the inventory dumps in whatever form, and im almost certain they forget about a gem once it was used to craft another gem, just too much data to store.

So rollback would be a tough thing to do, unless of course they really dump nightly.

Research into abusers will also require dumps to at least initiate the process - get the first selection of possible abusers by calcualting margin of their gem level, or jester gem level. Those who has got improbable increase in quality would be investigated further. But again, they would not br able to prove such increase was sourced by bug abuse, as they do not trace on the item level.

Something has to be done, but i have no idea what is possible.

19. LooneyTed

LooneyTed Someday Author

Hello...

Absolutely, welcome them back. More players = more revenue. But their current accounts will be vapor.

Can't stop them from returning with new accounts anyway.

Regards,

LooneyTed

Be kind.

20. ms.marakhina

ms.marakhina Forum Greenhorn

Hi, speaking community!
    We are all, everyone - honest players DSO, indignant with the latest exploit the situation. We are honest and want to play at least in the game there was validity to BP fulfilled their obligations to us. So that they followed their user agreement. Why do those who literally robbed BP - have not paid for it? Why liars can run around the city, running around the arena and mock those who acted honestly?
    We all need to work together, and then, perhaps - we will be heard. DSO has repeatedly confirmed that if all the gaming community is unanimous in any matter - they listen to us. You have to connect friends, let your friends go to the forum and vote, take part in solving this problem! We can not afford to die our attachment to this game. I believe that we will succeed, let us act together!
    Best regards, mint.

trakilaki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.