Suggestion Basic Roadmap Questions

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by Hashtag, Jul 20, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Hashtag

Hashtag Forum Apprentice

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the game and have some simple questions. I've tried searching the forum in case these questions had already been asked but couldn't find a good answer. I apologize if these are old and easy questions but, being new, I don't know where else to go.

So, here we go, and thank you in advance for a serious response.

1. Are there any plans to make DSO a multi player game? I login to a server called Tegan. It's a beautiful world with large maps and places to go. Unfortunately, I can only talk to NPC quest givers with limited lore or some strange AI algorithm that tries to approximate English. I'm thinking that DSO would benefit by allowing more than one person to login to Tegan and then maybe we could make groups and have fun together with other humans. I know other games that allow multi user. I think they are called multi player online games or MMORPG for short. It'd be awesome.

2. I notice there are at least 12 different currencies in the game: gold, materi, glyph, ...the list goes on. Is there any chance we could have a currency exchange system like modern countries in the real world? How about a Euro currency? Wouldnt it be great if these silo-ed currencies had an exchange? Also, I read about currencies of the past such as Crystals of Truth and such. When will DSO make glyphs obsolete? Seems like lots of players have accumulated hard earned silo-ed currency and DSO should probably get rid of it before it becomes too useful.

3. Is there a way where we can pay extra money to allow this game to become 100% pay to win? It seems like it would be more efficient if the development roadmap skipped all this unecessary patching to slowly morph the game. It would be really neat if we could just cut to the chase and have all new accounts based on a monthly payment. This would help cut down on the frustration we see on posts by older players who have seen their toons neutered by rusty scissors.

4. As a new player, I struggle to find the time to play the game 12 hours per day. I understand, from reading the forum, that it will take approximately 3 years to make a toon that can do the same maps they do now but 'harder'. It'd be great if there was an option to just pay a lump sum for new players to go directly into OP mode. This would be great. Then older players could see brand new OP players and have lots of fun trading stories and common bond of togetherness. New players that cant afford it, could possibly go in 'spectator' mode and just watch other OP players be awesome. Maybe add the ability to have Thumbs-Up and Thumbs-Down on players they 'spectate' so the OP players know how awesome they are.

5. I'm super confused on this cape stuff. I barely caught up to reading about core crafting. The core crafting sounds interesting and I look forward to trying to upgrade my gear in the year 2022. Is there any plan to change the cores again before 2022 when I finally have enough to make my toon the current 'meta'?

6. Speaking of 'meta' builds, is there a way to just eliminate all gear since the region uniques have all the same bonuses and there is only one good build? Maybe we could just walk around wearing robes. The gear is really a buzz kill and distraction. If there is only one 'meta', maybe just have a bar at the bottom like experience level showing how close to 'meta' you are.

Okay, those are my simple noob questions. I'm sure they've been asked a million times before. My biggest hope is that DSO becomes a MMORPG. It'd be so much fun to share this great game experience.

Love and Best Wishes

2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Are you @_Baragain_ having one last laugh at our expense? :p

I've quit a couple times myself, but the reality is, as many times as they kick us in the teeth, there's still something endearing about the game, even soothing in the consistent patterns of hope building to ultimate disappointment, even regret, only to soften into stubborn resolve, and eventually hope again.

When the servers finally shut down, I think I'll leave the online gaming experience behind, my memories of DSO growing fainter, but gently fonder over time.

3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

The train has to keep (t)rolling, so... here you go. :p

As far as I know, there are no such plans. Rumors have it, they're planning to change it from a single-player game into a zero-player game... but those are just rumors, aren't they?

It is going to be implemented when the team gets to it. For now, it's planned for R413.

You are able to use it in game already. You can even exchange it for another currency, andermants.

Oh man, the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog, did you know it? It can even eat glass and it doesn't hurt me!

Yes. You can pay enough money to conduct a hostile takeover of BP and Youzu, and then you will be able to introduce that awesome strategy that nobody has thought about before you! :D

12 hours? It's clear you are new here... the real pros play for at least 30 hours a day.

Don't worry, the team is already on it! They can't reveal more for now, though, as it would destroy the suspense.

The World State's motto: COMMUNITY, IDENTITY, STABILITY.

I seriously don't understand how have we been living all the time without such features... and how are we going to survive to the point when they get finally added? Either way, they're right on it!

Not sure, but if some good changes are made in the team, some changes are going to happen in the 5th quarter of 2021.

Genius! Finally, the real solution to all the problems! One cubic centimetre build to rule them all cures ten gloomy sentiments without actually building! Progress bars for the progress of the game!

/s

No problem.

Not that I know, really. :rolleyes:

Right back to you too!

We don't really know what happened to him... but I know of 4-5 people that would be able to pull off such a thing... he'd be one of them... even if I doubt it.

4. Hashtag

Hashtag Forum Apprentice

Thank you Carl Jr. and ZooOwl. That was helpful. Alas, I am not Dr. Horrible or Jarl or Mysterius or Sper or Khmerwarrior or Chuck Norris.

I am going to take your advice and increase my playing time to 30 hours per day. I'm also going to set an Outlook reminder for 5th quarter, just as a tickler so I dont miss out. I've already decided to stop normal hygiene since that is a waste of time and resources. I have a Dr's appointment next week to get a catheter inserted to make it so I can stay in my gaming chair 7x24.

I've been reading the dev notes going back to R89 but I cant find the info on R413. I'm guessing the Dev team doesnt post that on a forum and instead just verbally mumbles about it on discord. If you find R413 docs, please share.

Yes, let's keep our fingers crossed on gearless PVE and gearless PVP with just robes. If Dev goes a different direction, though, we can try to act enthusiastic about it even if we have to melt work in progress. New opportunities, right?

Anyways, I'm really humbled for the fast response. Let's stay in touch, ableit not in games since the in game chat doesnt seem to have progressed beyond CB radio.

Cheers!

5. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

[​IMG]

Hetsunien, trakilaki and ΣMiwel like this.
  6. Hashtag

Hashtag Forum Apprentice

In all seriousness, it really is irrelevant if BP is watching. The epiphany is that WE own our life roadmap. We are not bound to the silliness. Please enjoy your day, the sunshine, and those that you love.

Javah likes this.
  7. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

there really isn't a roadmap, they mostly make the game up as they go, they don't plan ahead, it's beyond their reach

8. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Yeah. But then talking about games, I think the worst one can do, is to completely dedicate themselves to one game only. They should play other games too, so they are not entirely dependent on what new things the developer of their single game comes up with.

However, I've met several people in Drakensang, who can't speak English at all pretty much, and they can't seem to find another online RP game that would be translated to their language. Oddly enough, Drakensang is available in 16(!) different languages. That actually blows me away, because you usually see games in 4 or 5 languages, max. Sure, you can play a Korean game, not understanding a thing, but it's kind of lame, playing something for a year, not having a clue what is what...

What I'm saying, in terms of gaming, some people have almost no alternatives, and I'm honestly sorry for them :(
    In terms of life, however, it's of course the best what you can do, to stop playing online games completely and do something useful for once.

aBDuLHaMiTHaN likes this.
  9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

He doesn't feel like trolling nowadays :D
    Since you are new I will explain in this long post.
    I think I know who the OP is :p
    Trust me he doesn't care ... what has been done can't be undone ;)
    He is doing well and he is not sending regards :D because he doesn't care

Javah likes this.
  10. spanky_time

spanky_time Forum Apprentice

Cape si super cool.
    we useing cape canaveral yestradey and it very good wE has spedy rakete.
    We not need change core it combine electromagnetk and anigrawiti sytem so we has protect shilde wen BP hit oure rakete.

Get big greitings from our planete Magrathea