Feedback Big Game Hunt Event

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Jul 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your feedback regarding Big Game Hunt event.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. Sprokkel

Sprokkel Active Author

Hello,

My stack grows higher, now on +680%.
    Why do i get less and less hunting badge progress, while my stack only gets higher ?

Have you not made your calculator yet ^^

With best regards ;)

3. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I'm not quite sure of this, but I think the number of badges dropped is a random value between 2 limits. So it may happen that the number of badges you get with 200% buff is sometimes larger than that with 250% for example. On average you should be getting more and more badges as your buff gets bigger.

4. Sprokkel

Sprokkel Active Author

I`ve been playing with a 1000% buff for a while, but i get some hunting badges that i got with 300% also.
    Now say yourself, it does not look very logical :)

5. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Oh... Well then that really strange. My explanation doesn't seem to apply in this case :/

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I believe the base drop is random between 3 numbers - a low, medium and high number. That number is increased by your buff. I don't know what is going on with your sometimes 300%, sometimes 1000%, but you should make a video and post it so we can see what is going on.

7. Integrity

Integrity Forum Apprentice

i completed the event by only running herold gorga and balor on fatal diffculties. with the 1000%buff, i noticed to drop either 5500 or 6785 badges.

do you realize the amount of badges you drop, matters on what you kill and on difficulty? for instance, sentinel on painful drops less badges than a world boss on fatal.

if you described what were you farming and what amount of badges you dropped, the solution would be certainly found very soon....

8. Steve75

Steve75 Junior Expert

I thought all bosses were dropping the same amount, last year I did Khalys and Balor while this year Asar and received the same amount of progress with 1000% buff. The numbers were/are 3300/4125/4950 on painful difficulty. Also my clan mates reported that sometimes they received 8250 progress on fatal difficulty.

9. Marsicanus

Marsicanus Forum Veteran

Great rewards / little effort
    When next Big Game Hunt? August...September?

10. Integrity

Integrity Forum Apprentice

i suggest as well that all bosses drop the same amounts, though i am not gonna post something i am not sure in or haven´t checked.

i checked like 30+- amounts of badges dropped, never got that 8k amount

11. heror

heror Forum Baron

XD the previos was in novememberf and now in july keep hoping for august or september XD

Marsicanus likes this.
  12. Marsicanus

Marsicanus Forum Veteran

I just wrote Santa Claus.
    My wish is to do this event every month like new/full moon.

13. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Here is a complete guide with tested drops.
    Pay attention to drop list ... the drops are different for world bosses and normal bosses/sentinels.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  14. .maes.

.maes. Someday Author

How to make it better.

- remove goblin "sentinel" from all maps or add sentinel chest to him. He used to give 10 gold per kill, but that's not the case anymore so getting him is annoying.
    - add small obelisk to all boss rooms so we can reset them like in regular maps. If i'm forced to spend 10 min to farm a map for 3 keys to enter bossroom, reentry can at least be made convenient. If these keys are the new way, then i don't want to reenter like the old way.
    - add blue shield of invisibility whenever a new map is entered. I was reentering khaly and was getting knocked off horse even before black screen resolved for me. What if it's inf3 Q7? Why am i paying for a revive because of a game design flaw.
    -overall, ask is to improve map entry performance, any map. It takes 5-10 seconds of blackscreen to load a map and it can be astronomically improved. Look into caching. If i'm spinning between same 2 maps it should take millisecond to load them if cached.

15. Sprokkel

Sprokkel Active Author

Hello,

I want to respond as follows on your first 2 points.
    The way to save keys is fine, it should not be too easy because there must be a challenge.
    On the other hand, I find that the sliders (modes) on each door can be better push buttons, since they sometimes lead a life of their own and you enter a different mode that you did not want.
    Your 3rd point; I also sometimes experience that when Khalys is killed, that the clone continues the slaughter, this must be an error and therefore be repaired.
    Point 4; totally agree, especially when you change between the two cards, the time of changing the map should be much more mimic.

16. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

The event was alright for me personally. The loot is acceptable, although the Walrus is ugly and and is never going to be used. Can we get a cuter mount next time? :p

However, it is quite taxing for more casual players to have to stack the buff up to 100 and not lose it in the process. I know, I play on Tegan the Ghost Server, however, it's taken almost a week for me to see more than 5 guildies online at a time because everyone logs off in order to maintain their stacks. If anything, people will ask on guild Discord if there's a group before they log on due to fear of losing the buff. I would suggest increasing the duration to at least 1h, if not making it permanent for the duration of the event so that players can stack in a stress-free fashion.

Shansurri likes this.
  17. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Actually I love it, I love all those odd mounts and my fav one so far was the ostrich. Gotta use it for sure and I'd love to see more odd mounts around (I'm still waiting for the Armored Snail and the flying cloud).
    The event is very good, it's a shame you need to log off in order to not lose the buff but it's a really small trade-off for a very well rewarding event.

18. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

that was not supposed to be +200% drop ?

I'm planning 1hour or less to start and finish event ( until +500% comes). Respect the schedule please.

Why should I run this event while +500% drop rate toggle off ?

19. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

I lost my buff stack even when logged off. That is complete and total garbage.

20. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

i do not think Walruses can run at all, much less in the way they run in DSO

Still they are much better and believable than the soccer ball and other things

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.