BROWN SCREEN

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by judoka021, Jun 18, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
  1. Mr.Tea

Mr.Tea Forum Greenhorn

Any updates on this situation ? I suffer from long loading times sometimes it says that the client stopped working and i have to wait for it to pick back up. As well as some input lag. I tried to re install dso multiple times even moved it to a different ssd yet still nothing works. Ive been putting up with this for what feels like moths and its not getting any better. Server Grimmag

Alex_Thor likes this.
  2. ldso

ldso Advanced

Have you looked into the state of your internet connection as well? Checking the router, internet plan, etc. may offer some utility, but also can consider looking into whether there are any programs running in the background of your computer that may be interfering with your game experience. ^^

3. Mr.Tea

Mr.Tea Forum Greenhorn

I dont think this has anything to do with internet i have a stable one gigabit internet connections i play on internet cable and my pc is powerful enough to have multiple apps open at the same time ( this long loading time is only happening with dso and the dso client stops working during loading.)

Alex_Thor likes this.
  4. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

all programs closed, only dso is running, on each change map, tp, city, boss, PvP, dro_client64.exe not responding for 30-40 seconds, 10 months have passed and they haven't solved anything :( , I don't know what programmers they have there, maybe it's only 1, with a million missions over him

5. SoftwareEngineer

SoftwareEngineer Forum Greenhorn

Measure your internet speed test, the ideal ping time should be below 20

Try connecting via phone internet with 4.5 G. If the speed test shows the ping value below 20 and you do not experience game lag, there may be a problem with your internet provider or modem. Ping (Reaction time between connections) : this represents data circulation between you and the server.

Contact your internet provider or contact companies that provide low ping guarantees.

6. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

:rolleyes:..and why on almost empty steam server Alex not have issues ..?

P.S.
    I saw post about old Dso ,when people playing game (browser ver.), using internet connection with dial-up modem :eek: and changing maps without any problems , and much faster vs now :D

And now by -dravin-
    "Honestly the White, Black, delayed loading screens are completely internet problems.. I also had this problem when my net was only 100mbs.. but now that I'm running at 10gig Fiber Optic.. my screens load in 3,4 sec without any delay.. and for those who think it's not a net problems, I would suggest upgrading to at least 5G net speed and you will see it does matter..."
    Really?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  7. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

I asked them to synchronize my time account correctly, It show +-6 hours difference on my premium badge, the problem still remains

8. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

Premium badge on top of the screen always have less hours , but at the bottom - where all active buffs/pets ,etc -
    (as bonus?) maybe 6 hours or more... If all about that , maybe nothing wrong here for you. :)
    Btw off-topic content..:p

9. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

CET Time Zone +0 or +6, if they changed this parameters, without knowing the consequences, I think this can cause delay, or maybe server is on MAX Security and my ISP router, IDK....... or server Heredur is FULL with players with 5 chars.
    I remember on server Heredur it used to be written: Recommended
    but not now...

10. Melethainiel

Melethainiel Team Leader Team Drakensang Online

@gintarszb is correct, having those additional hours of premium is intentional.

11. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

Up on the emblem it shows 3h, down it shows 9h, this is not good at all !!!, in programming this is an error with bad consequences !!!. This can cause delay packets !!! Please send them a message to correct my time on the account, because no one hears or listens to me !!!
    I also wrote to support for a long time and still nothing has been resolved!

12. Melethainiel

Melethainiel Team Leader Team Drakensang Online

It is not an error, players are intentionally gifted six additional hours in order to have some wiggle time to renew their premium.

13. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

I think this is not gift, this can cause lag and delay in game, and lost packets, I have this now.
    They must synchronize my time correctly and I will tell you if it is better or not!

14. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

Relax bro, u very wrong about premium, think u not only one premium user (if somebody have same problems, that long time ago reported and fixed) ... Why not to create new free-to-play account and test it?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  15. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

Last time I checked new char: Harold server, change map in 7 sec
    test server: 7 sec
    Heredur: 30-40 sec with new char

I play on Heredur, I have account maybe 8 years

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  16. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

About premium :
    on new f2p account (same Heredur server where u have premium?) , you can compare map changing times vs account with premium. But as said before not a premium causing problems.:)

And 7 sec that not bad, but only on 2 DSO servers - TS and Harold , where less players.
    When issues have servers with biggest players databases and almost full capacity : N1- that Grimmag , N2 -Heredur.

Until 2020 game worked ok without map changing problems, but developers broked game somehow. Old and good DSO have 3-5 sec map changing time.
    And only ts server worked without problems , now Harold (steam) server.

Btw on empty servers doesn' t matter too much how bad (old) pc or internet player have - all works almost same as before 2020.
    But on servers where capacity almost full, that rule doesn't work, all things important - how powerful Pc and internet , maybe even how far away you from DSO servers . That just my observation.
    I'm have 300 mbps internet , old potato pc (intel i3 4gen, sata ssd, etc) and i'm playing on Grimmag server , my map changing time 19-20 sec, on Heredur 18-19 sec.
    For free to play game i need more expensive and powerful pc maybe.:eek:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
  17. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

there may be a small problem, which can be solved in 5-10 minutes, but there is no one to solve it in this company