Can someone tell me the story to Drakensang?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Amend, Dec 18, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

Ive never read much of the Dialogue, which I regret. So can someone explain it to me plz?

2. Talicni

Talicni Forum Connoisseur

3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

The story is told from the individual perspective of each NPC. For example at one point in an early quest from Old Randall in Kingshill, Father Fidelis insists that the Goddess of the Hunt does not exist. Later on, in the Enternal Grove, you come face- to-... err... umm, face :rolleyes: with her.

There really is no coherent storyline simply because as the game has expanded and new inhabitants of these ares were introduced the story changed as well.

The link that Talicni provided is some good background on each area. A lot of the quests though have not much to do with the big picture struggle but are the individual stories of the NPC's. Eternal Love and A Small Sign are good examples of this.

Oh, and you can check out the quest dialog boxes on the wiki at http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Quests. Note that some of these are not completely up-to-date since the devs tinker with the dialog all the time (and some are just missing). Also it takes a bit for new quests to get added to the wiki.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    Amend likes this.
  4. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

Thanks guys

5. Callisto

Callisto Forum Pro

You should watch the podcast, explaining a little bit of the history:

6. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

Thanks @Callisto but i cant understand a single thing, there is no closed captioning options

7. Callisto

Callisto Forum Pro

Oops I linked the wrong one! :p

8. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

9. Chrysheight

Chrysheight Forum Greenhorn

Murder everything. The end

10. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

There are a lot of side stories that you can follow by reading quest logs, but the main theme remains rather cliche: Defeat the minions of the 'unknown' main Antagonist so you can shed some light on what is happening and possibly provide some comfort to the terrorized townspeople (nothing changes though... it's as if they're inanimate :| ) so you can then find out who the antagonist is and bash him/her and move on to the next terrorized/afraid town and repeat. Oh yeah, most of the time, a seemingly insane, looney bin character suggests/predicts the antagonist but everyone is skeptical, and it turns out he was right. Among them, my favorite, Rakorus Munterium. :)

Erilune likes this.
  11. Erilune

Erilune Forum Apprentice

I usually do this kind of RPGs for the quests and storyline... Not much of a fan of the grinding and farming scene and it saddens me to see that little effort is put into maintaining the storyline in a well thought out manner.....Especially after you have done quests and little changes in the Urban Areas....Like lately I was doing the quests in Ello...and glancing at the story there seems to be some sort of drought/water shortage going on but once u do the quests to restore water, the fountains are still dry....

Odawise, hack and slash seems to be the main point in this RPG....LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.