Suggestion Change Guild Battle Rewards?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by NightWalker, Mar 29, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squeeps

Squeeps Forum Apprentice

No because PVP should always have rewards, and also to encourage guilds in the first place. I think this game lacks mainly in player to player interaction and could use improvements in guilds greatly.

ginyen18 likes this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You have Honor Points as a reward.
    I don't think there is lack of player interaction ... there is more interaction even that it should be.

ginyen18 and Knightofyourlife like this.
  3. Squeeps

Squeeps Forum Apprentice

Uhhh more interation than there should be? you realize you are playing an mmo right?

ginyen18 likes this.
  4. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Awww.. I kind of like MegaNuker's comments. It sure beats all the "DSO is the Pits" kinda posts. There are things we all like with the game or we wouldn't play it (or like some of those who have sidelined it for a while...at least read the posts on the forum in hopes things change in their favor!).

As for the Guild Battles, it is apparently only for those who PvP. For those in a guild that don't PvP, there is no reason to participate and therefore, any reward is moot. I'd like to see some reason for those who do PvE to be involved. Maybe I'm missing it though...

ginyen18 likes this.
  5. Knightofyourlife

Knightofyourlife Someday Author

The Guild war is a cynical way for dso to try and make its staff and shareholders in to multi "milion air's".
    Guilds that have Players that spend thousands of pounds on there characters will always win and they will only stay in a guild that always gives them all of the rewards. DSO obviosly wants 'nay' expects all the F2P and the P2P to step up to mark and transfer the entire contents of their bank accounts to bigpoint so they stand a chance against the P2W.

If you are a F2P or a P2P boycot the hole nasty little scam and let the P2W wine there heart's out because only P2W are in the guild war, That is a fair fight and that is the last thing that they want.
    P2W only want tp fight F2P & P2P because they stand no chance at all but of corce the P2W will call them noobs and claim they have Gamingmill skill on top of this they will get all the rewards, Making them even more OP.
    As far as they are concerned they deserve it after all they are spending thousands and money is skill right?
    Funny thing is they of course will claim they have not payed a penny and then call you a noob again.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    ginyen18 likes this.
  6. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Yes there are tid bits I do not like. For example there is no function to bring players to the party. And it seems when I want to farm an item that said item never drops. Maybe it's my luck but on topic I will enjoy the guild battle from a conceptual idea. I am an optimist so I see the good in all items.

No I just think rewards are an incentive. I know everyone will not agree with me 100% and that is what makes us unique.

Well I know and understand if the GM gives rewards to someone else that would upset a person but I would never be part of that guild. Rewards are based on activity in the guild and the guild rewards can be an incentive for others in the guild to help each other. That is how I would use the rewards.

Well I think he was replying to the topic title and not your post so both of you think the same thing. But even the start of this post the ☆ I added seem contrary to this.

Well thank you for clearing that up. The topic title gives a feeling and sometimes people read into things with the wrong idea. One time use stuff is junk not a reward (to me at least) and would not be an incentive for many I talk to.

Thank-you for changing topic title.

7. trakilaki

If you are experienced enough with this game you will be able to "read between the lines".

8. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

I got your point, but why you want less interaction (for the sake of stability), rather than having tons of people and still be stable?

9. trakilaki

It was a joke not in a mean (negative) way.
    Because players are usually posting while the steam is coming out of their ears ... and his reply is ... like ... "Relax, cousin, nothin's gonna happen" :D :D

I didn't said anything about stability ... rather referring to players (inter)actions.

10. Squeeps

Squeeps Forum Apprentice

Im not sure what you are trying to get at, but yes i am a new player and this game definitley does not need elitist pessimists like you scaring new people away from contributing in the forums. So far everything you have posted in this thread has been nothing whining and not anything constructive.

Have a nice day .

11. MegaNuker

What I think is ment with to much player interaction is when people start flaming you in open chat channels. There is an ignore function build into the game... but... people are creative and the hate can run-a-muck and the ignore function is pretty useless.

Plus side to guild war is that it gives the guild something to do. Downside is that people will not agree on rewards ever.

12. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Yeah, because of greedy people :)
    Simply, giving out gold and ander is just like any other failure of an online game that unbalances the power of different players. If you played a lot of other games I think you should know what I mean. All those kinds of games that rewards more the stronger you are always leads to people quitting and a small, unfriendly community. Plus, you clearly still don't understand. Guild war still gives guild things to do. Guilds who want to fight can fight. People ALREADY want to fight which is why they suggested a guild war. They DON'T NEED another INCENTIVE of gold and ander. PVE players can PVE and ignore guild wars. However, guild wars give those who participate emotes,costumes, etc. (I already listed these out several times). Also, guild war STILL gives honor.

Lack of interaction?:rolleyes: I certainly don't feel it. I talk to my friends, group together, and kick butts all the time. I guess you are a level 30 asking for help to farm herald hard? That would certainly single you out of the community.

When you are an old player you will learn. Many newbies always love to comment/complain (this happens in any game) about things they don't actually know. Instead of the average game where "players want reward so devs should feed them reward" I don't want this game to die because of the same reason.

13. trakilaki

Whining and sharing experience are two different things.
    Newcomers are always welcome to share their ideas and opinions on forum ... however they lack of one particular characteristic which is necessary for a debate. That is experience with this game.

(note for the devs)
    Regarding the "guild battle rewards" ... I am amazed of the fact that the developers are leaving making of decisions to "human factor".
    Why? If there should be rewards make the rules and produce the code for system to decide ... don't leave it to the players. Humans are corrupt in nature.
    The other point of view: If I run a guild why should I bother with player's rewards and schedules? I came here to play ... I didn't came here to be an accountant. lol
    Also ... bare in mind that most of the guilds are mixed with PVP -ers and PVE-ers.
    With your next steps you are about to break their coherent community.

14. Squeeps

Squeeps Forum Apprentice

@NightWalker

No i am not a level 30 asking for help.

I am simply seeking out other players to have a close community with, whether it be helping with bosses, advice, pvping or just chatting human interaction is what separates an mmorpg from and rpg.

So you have a close group of friends to play with and assist? thats wonderful dude good for you. However not everyone has that opportunity yet obviously you have been playing for a while and had to establish that connection at one point.

I never thought i'd see a thread complaining about balanced awards(Yes i believe BP will have them fair and balanced at release or shortly after) and player to player interaction.

And finally to those who don't want to pay for anything, how could you ever imagine not having to spend a cent in a free to play game?
    This company has employees to pay,server fees, websites to host and provide you with and amazing free product. Have some respect and return the favor by DONATING yes i said it its more of a donation than anything DONATING a few dollars for this game you get to pour hours into for free that they worked tirelessly on.

Drops mic.

15. MegaNuker

I think the rewards are the same a crossed the league your in. If you get higher the rewards are higher. Odd people complain about not getting enough gold and then there is a solution to that problem and people don't want it. And having a system the devices the gold and anderment in the guild is not a good thing. A there are people that are in a guild in hopes they will log in again. If they don't then the gold and ander are lost forever.

Games have people coming and going rules last forever. Make sure you have good rules.

16. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Do you not understand what an analogy means? The reason why you don't have a group of friends is simply because you are new. Some people you know will leave, some will stay. Some are not as active as you are, some are even more active. You simply are not old enough in the gaming society to understand that giving out gold and ander will easily break the game. Maybe you just don't think as much. Some players play the game. Some think about the game. Others write to change the game.

Finally, you have hit the spot. I guess you are part of the "paying" people. I never started anything about "paying". In fact, I don't care if you pay 100 dollars, 1000 dollars, or even 10,000 dollars. Why? Because it is not my money. Oh and to correct your incorrect assumption, if guild wars decide to reward stupid gold and ander, I am one of those that will be on top. Some f2ps are insanely strong. Believe me, I know. This is not a topic about p2p or f2p, I know I am good and I honestly don't give a damn if anyone is a f2p or p2p. I merely believe that people who are not as powerful will simply drop out of the game with a system that only promotes the strong to become stronger, and the weak to stay weak unless they start throwing in the bucks or farming like they don't need to sleep. That is not what a game should be about.

Let us use an easy example though I am not a fan of LOL. Does LOL give more bonus stats for players on higher tiers? No they don't. In fact, you can be in bronze tier and have the same exact stats as a diamond tier. Why do you think they have so many players? Easy, because the stronger does not receive extra benefits that makes their character stronger.

17. xmageeq

xmageeq Forum Apprentice

Hello, I'll post my view of the rewards. I'll make several suggestions too.

1. Gold and Andermant:
    - based on kills ( 1 kill = 40 ander, 2 gold )
    - based on base captured ( 1 base = 80 ander, 3 gold )
    - based on assists ( 1 assist = 10 ander, 1 gold )

2. Gold and Andermant:
    - based on number of kills ( 3 - 100 / 6 - 300 / 9 - 500 / 12 - 700 andermants ) ( 3 - 5 / 6 - 8 / 9 - 11 / 12 - 14 gold )
    - based on number of captured base ( 2 base = 100 ander, 4 gold )
    - based on number of assists ( 2 assists = 30 ander, 1 gold )

3. If enemy team controls 5 bases for 2 mins - the guild battle ends, because there won't be spawn camping and farming!

4. First team which has 60 kills wins - again to prevent spawn camping and farming!

5. If a team has under 20 people for the whole fight, they get 10 ander and 1 gold as bonus for every missing member.

Example:
    10 people ended the fight ( lost ) = 10 gold and 200 ander + 100 ander and 10 gold for the missing ones
    10 people ended the fight ( won ) = 20 gold and 400 ander + 100 ander and 10 gold for the missing ones

Thanks for your time ~ !

18. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Gold and ander are predictable prizes. How about some clovers and boss uniques for the top players?

19. xmageeq

xmageeq Forum Apprentice

Darwarren, imagine lowly geared players get by luck 10-15 kills, what happens then ? They automatically get best gear and switch guilds and then go to best guilds and gear more and more, this is easy grind from my view. This is why gold and ander is the usual and predictable, but effective prize at least for me.

20. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

It's a monthly event, not necessarily based on win/loss ratios. A twink with a win and no other score should still get close to nothing over the month. No real glory for them, or prizes either, for having a lucky day. A free ride with a few superstars will still not get them much.

Of course, gear can be out-done by skill and talent. If someone is always a top player on the team, it will show in the monthly stats. And covering a position does count for something in a team sport.

True champions deserve a trophy of some sort.

As far as guild hoppers are concerned, the guild wars might actually hold them in one guild for a while. There was talk of a 20 day requirement: you have to be in a guild 20 days, before you can participate in the guild war for that guild. That puts a real crimp in the guild hopping idea. It's more likely, though, that the same faults that keep them moving now, will force them to leave the guild again anyway.

Hope you enjoy the competition.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.