Client Size?

Discussion in 'Questions about Getting Started in the Game' started by MrBears, May 13, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. MrBears

MrBears Forum Greenhorn

I was under the impression this game could be played in browser but I see it demanding I download the client. I'm looking at browser games because I have VERY LIMITED space left on my SSD and want to leave the suggested 20% of it open and unused. I also really want to try this game. How much space will this game take up?

2. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello MrBears and welcome to DSO EN Forums. About your question; last time I checked the downloadable file ( N.B. the Mac's version) of DSO client was around 1500MB but it is recommended to have 2GB allocated on your SSD; you can check it in Technical FAQ - Minimum System Requirements;

kind regards.

3. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

If you play this game in browser in the client than date are downloaded in %Temp%\DSOClient. There are about 1,5GB data after clean installation but if you will not clean the directory DSOClient so there can be even 4,5GB date.
    If you have a second HDD, than you can move Temp there.

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

One advantage of playing via the browser as opposed to the client is that the game will only download what you need. If you play via the client, every time you sign in, it will try to download as much as it can, and eventually, it will get all of it (especially if you have a fast internet connection).

I've been playing via the browser and I haven't cleaned my %temp%/DSOClient folder in months, and I only have about 950 MB instead of the 1.5 GB

5. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

If you don't have room for 1.5 GB, then you need a bigger hard drive. Or uninstall the 20 games you no longer play. That will give you room.

6. MrBears

MrBears Forum Greenhorn

I have a single game downloaded. Honestly I'm not sure why my system files take up so much - i need someone who knows what they're doing to look at it tbh. The issue is - I don't have an option to play in the browser, It just directs me to the client.

----------MERGED----------

Whenever i'm trying to play in browser it just directs me to the client download :/

Last edited by moderator: May 13, 2019
  7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It can only be played in Internet Explorer and you need to have Java installed and updated. Chrome and Firefox have both disabled NPAPI, a feature that is necessary for the game to run.

8. MrBears, please use the Edit button at the bottom of your post as opposed to double posting. Double posting is considered a form of spam.