Comment on "Your Community Managers"

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Apr 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowfrog.

yellowfrog. Board Analyst

hard core player is not a player who is stuck in dso and do not know what is happening in the world of mmos.
    the majority of players in all communities wants trade system.you would know that if you could read other forums like greg said.majority is not 5-6 players who vote in english forum.the real majority wants trade system.
    the game needs evolution and trading system would be a big first step.
    i really hope bigpoint will see the benefits of a trading system for both players and company.players will have the chance to get the items they don't have and bigpoint could make a good profit by selling gold.
    i think trading is not wanted by players who play dso only and never have played mmos at the past.by following this way(being the exception of mmo games)drakensang will never be one of the best mmo games.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  2. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

I think there are pros and cons with the trading. Maybe some kind of day limit for enabling the trade or maybe even like a knowledge tree skill. LV50 to use auction house or trade ...!!! Anyways, with little thinking I came out with these ideas and opinions regarding trading:

CONS:
    -It will surely lure more hackers trying to get benefit hacked accounts. Trading valuable items or selling 3rd party methods.
    -It will generate LOT of tickets to the support system. This will be very time consumning to sort out.
    -It will make the strongest players even stronger > makes farming bosses less fun/ useless.
    -It will generate a LOT of BOT accounts, trying to horde nice low level items for selling 3rd party method. This is the greatest CON I
    can think about, thousands and thousands of BOT accounts running in the server making load.....

PROS:
    For free to play player it would be a great opportunity to have more andermants (if they would allow trading with andermants)
    F2P would find rare and desired unique, they could ask a lot of anders of it. For amulet of Destructor for 150k e.g. or maybe even more.
    It would give more satisfaction to be able to get the desired items to your character, without being frustrated to the whole game
    because of the unique drop what you have been looking for 2years. (Predator, Mask of Death, cloaked wrath you name it lol)

That's about it. In the end, I think there are more bad things than good things with the trade. But there are ways to overcome the cons.
    Like enabling the trade in the very high knowledge level so BOT's couldn't reach it before they are wiped down. Placing more ppl in the support system. It's just matter of dedication. Things can be done good and bad. Or sometimes somethings are better not to even develop
    (cough **comparing loot tool** cough, cough**)

Good luck and keep up with the good work.

trakilaki and Multi-Sev like this.
  3. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Hello Greg:

I'm not convinced that it will take very long for people with a lot of disposable income to acquire five of the +4% travel speed gems for 20% travel speed in their boot gems. (I am aware they only affect travel speed, not attack speed.) If they have 30% travel speed legendary boots (30%), Dragon Shackles (5%), Cape of the Black Warlord (5%), Vargulf Set (10%) /or/ Damnation (15%)... we're looking at 70-75% travel speed boost. Those are just the items I can think of off the top of my head. I think, with that kind of movement speed, a character might be able to dodge ranged shots as they see them approaching. They will certainly be impossible to catch on foot by characters with the typical (15-30%) travel speed boost.

Same goes for the +40% armor boost gems. I think, with five of these equipped in a Dark Heart of level 50, we're looking at 2877 armor from one piece of armor [959 + (2 x 959) = 2877]. That's more than many characters have in total. That's just O.P., IMHO. [I have heard one report of the fortifying jewels being able to be placed in non-torso items. Would it be too much trouble to ask a team member to try and place one in pauldrons, or gauntlets, to proactively test it rather than wait until (when/if) it is reported by the players?]

But I guess the team will address these gems, retroactively, when they become a problem. It's the retroactive thing that bothers me, because I'm fairly sure this is a "when", not an "if", scenario. The people with more money than sense will have as many of these as they need within a few weeks, I'm sure.

Regardless of the outcome, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Be Well,

Sevasten

4. vojza

vojza Board Analyst

Thanks for your time greg, (and asking)
    I have got one guestion is the archivement sistem in working now or is only planed ?
    PS: I hate idea of trading in this game too

5. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Too much data and not enough information? Fighting moot battles for personal agendas? Can no longer see the forest for all the trees?

Why not simplify everything! Dump all the non-relevant files into archives and the recycle bin, and just deal with the present situation and where we are going.

Maybe a new handbook and forum menu is in order.

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

My thoughts: Trading between players is a bad idea, since it might encourage more botting and hacking. Trading with NPCs might be better. Perhaps a system where excess pieces can traded in to NPCs to for other items or even limited items of the same set might be a better compromise. For example, trade in any 2 (or more) excess keens/roshans/sparks or deep sea set items found to get another item of the set.

Darwarren and Multi-Sev like this.
  7. Wild

Wild Forum Apprentice

I think trading between players is bad idea to...

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Did a said "player"? No I didn't. I said "gamer" ... you know there is a huge difference.
    I have played more games than you have hair on your had. In a matter of fact probably you were not even born when I was playing games. Standalone, MMO ... various genres ... from RPG, FPS, games for children ... to Strip Poker. :D
    The one who plays everything ... plays nothing. That is my definition of those kind of players who play a game for 1-2 weeks and then goes to another one ... and another one ....
    You are referring to a profession called Journalist or Review Writer but certainly not gamer, it is their job to check what is new in all the games ... a gamer knows in advance what is best for him/her and plays it.
    What makes you think I "couldn't read other forums"? I do read them and impressions are still the same ... majority of players DO NOT want trading system implemented in DSO ... and I don't know about what majority you are talking about.
    Those who are keen to see this system implemented are some (not all) money spenders (like you) and cheaters.
    With this system P2W players would become even more powerful and F2P players would have to flee from the game.
    Evolution? Yes you are right ... every evolution is starting with "trading system". :D:D

Since always I were saying "I don't care about company's profit" ... in a mater of fact no player cares about their income. Everyone is looking for their benefit not other's. And I know that those "concerned" players are actually hypocrites ... oohhh yeah they care too much about BP's economy. :D:D
    Weren't you asking for free stuff ... in this thread ... because it is only a "digital" stuff for which BP doesn't care? And now suddenly there is a big concern above your head if BP would make a profit out of trading system. :)

Now let me tell you the real facts. There is no "best" game. People play what they like and what they enjoy most of it. What for me is the best game ... for others it isn't ... and vice versa. Those "rating" sites are money driven. They receive $$$$ from game companies and accordingly to the sum ... preparing reviews. I know that because I was game and software review writer in the past. The company that is splashing the most $$$$ is having the headlines, best ratings, news coverage ... etc ... and their games are the "best" in the eye of the unaware every day consumer. If one of those companies were running DSO ... this game would have been rated Nr 1 on top of the all charts and it would have its own stream media news coverage. :D
    But it is not ... and I am happy for that.
    The pool is big and everyone have a choice to pick a game to his/hers preference.

Last but not least ... players instead of just asking for trading ... should elaborate bit more "why" ... and what is the positive and the negative side of it. Saying .. "I and 99,9% of the players wan't a trading system in this game" .. and nothing more ... is not a worthy reason. :)

Hail to the King baby!
    that would be me :D

--MERGED--

Well said! Couldn't be better.

Last edited by moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    VoulaAek1 and VMmage like this.
  9. yellowfrog.

yellowfrog. Board Analyst

ok i forgot you are knowing everything(like my age,my profession,how much money i spend)
    yes i wanted free items as a reward because players continued playing instead of all these bugs and when i say bigpoint and players will have profit its just a fact.so stop judjing me (saying im hypocrit )and stop judge all people(you reached the top by saying to greg "you dont know what you are saying".yes nobody knows what he or she say only trakilaki does.

and for 1 more time.drakensang is the only game without trading system,this is the biggest disaadvantage of this game.

and for your information i ve been playing since the begining of beta.so if you have more advices give them to other people ,not to me and not to players like me.i have most uniques double and triple times so my main purpose is to sell not to buy.to melt an item that someone else is looking for it for 2-3 years it is just ridicoulous.
    and another information for you.i played my first games in an amstrad 6128 and comodore 64 with cassete player(if you know what these are)if you dont try google and look what year pcs with msdos and graphic cards were appeared and became known to many people.

try to stay to the topics and dont answer to everyone who disagrees with you by using insults.

Last edited by moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  10. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

There's a bad game, called "Let's You and Him Fight." Basically, someone gets others to waste their time on each other, while the instigator is free to profit from the fallout and in other ways.
    Anyone getting played?

VMmage likes this.
  11. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Since we're talking about trading, and it was mentioned, I'll pose the question:

What are the benefits of trading?

12. VMmage

VMmage Someday Author

It's already been mentioned, but the "benefits of trading" depend on how the trading system is set up. Perhaps you can only trade amongst your own characters on a particular server -- easy to implement, limited benefit, and could be exploited. Perhaps you could trade with other players (directly or via a "trade center" ) -- harder to implement, wide benefit, very easy to exploit.

And the exploit potential is the key problem -- most of us can agree that if everyone "played fair", a trade system could make the game more enjoyable. But there's too many "snakes" in this game that would abuse the trading system, so it's probably better not to have one.

Darwarren likes this.
  13. Novadude

Uhm, well, in my case* where there's an unfair trade with the npc option**, i could have potentially completed both the sparks and deep sea sets for my dwarf, instead of having multiple pairs of sparks gloves and the other 4 items of the deep set twice over. Then i would have farmed to get enough draken for the 3 dark set to work with the deep sea + sparks. And then used that to get better gear and gems, i guess.

*no bias, of course
    **the idea being that, if you had duplicates or more more set pieces, you could trade one or more pieces of a set in to an "unfair trading npc" for other pieces. For example, suppose you had excess pieces to the deep sea set, you could trade in 2 extra shields for that missing chitlin ring that keeps taunting you by not dropping.

14. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Considering how it will take 45 of each 2% speed or 20% armor, I seriously doubt anyone will get that many anytime soon. They really don't show up very often, especially if you're betting 1 & 5 gold or 40 ander. They show up more often for the 200 ander bet but then that's fair for the bigger spender anyway having a greater chance at getting something good than a 1 gold bettor.
    But as the walk through explained, all items are available at any bet.
    Now if some player wants to dump $10k in the game to try and win some stupid stones faster, well that's their apparent EDIT and we shouldn't be angry they got OP but feel bad for them because they are actually EDIT enough to dump that kind of money into a game. And I am sure since beta on, there are players deep into the game for much more than $10k.
    But asking right now to punish a heavy payer for future buffing by not even allowing them to build that torso or boots is kind of wrong imo.
    I think the fact that DSO will apparently never balance PvP is more unfair to the player base than a high armor torso or fast boots.

15. Multi-Sev

It's not a matter of soon, it's a matter of when. If it is possible, it will happen (for the people who spend $1000+ a week/month/w.e.), and it is OP and will imbalance PvP even further. (What is soon? Three weeks... a month... two months?)

Then it will have to be fixed retroactively, when it could have been avoided in the first place with some foresight. (With a limitation of one gem per torso/boots, for example.)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  16. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I love the idea of a "trading" system with one specific caveat... Trades would have to be limited to NPC.

We've all gotten extras of certain gears while searching for the one with the best possible stats. If there were specific NPC's or even limited to Gnob that would accept trades, then that would be okay in my opinion.

17. Novadude

How do people spend 1000 a week on this?

Ive only spent about 100 to 150 total over 2 years, and more than half of that is premium.

I wonder if some of high spenders are actually using some kind of location masking trick to make it look like theyre from someplace where anders are cheaper. BP charges different prices based on region, right?

18. Multi-Sev

Very few do, but they will be the ones we can't catch or kill in PvP. Correction: They are the ones that we already can barely catch or kill in PvP. After they get these gems made, it will be even harder.

You'll notice I said $1000/week-month-or-whatever. The specific spending amount isn't the issue. The point is, these gems will benefit those who are willing to spend a lot of money to gamble enough to make a quantity of these gems; they will then have an even greater advantage in PvP.

It would really benefit the discussion more if the comments focused on the overall issue, not the time variable. This will be another imbalance problem for PvP - in one month or three months, whatever the time frame - that is the issue.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    MikeyMetro likes this.
  19. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

So the whole issue is to then punish the P2P again because the P2P can and will pay. That's again an illogical request. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER CAN USE THE JESTERS. It's not restricted to P2P. The F2P can sell farmed items for gold and use it on the jesters instead of always melting it for glyphs. It's easy. And I am sure there are players betting 1 gold who have gotten the ander jackpot chests AND those unique stones.
    DSO gives us something actual awesome and useful for a change and right away someone wants it changed to the negative. "I demand change DSO, it's just too risky I may get beaten by a P2P in PvP." A F2P with some luck can get the same build as a P2P especially with the gems now that the Jesters give out. In fact the Jesters are more of a game balance than any other aspect now in game.
    I left the game for months because I got sick of farming for horrible drops and saw no future changes that would turn the game interesting for me again. And gem drops got nonexistant. THAT was the biggest motivating factor for me to leave game. But have to say now thanks to the Jesters, I have gotten hundreds of gems and crafted like crazy. But that then gives me an advantage doesn't it? Oh darn, I put all radiant now in all my slots so some F2P may get offended I was able to do that because they WON'T, not "CAN'T", but WON'T.
    Turning this into another PvP issue is shortsided. By your argumant then ALL gems should be banned or tweaked to the absolute worse %'s imaginable.
    Leave the Jester perks alone. No one else is complaning about them. Just say "THANKS DSO!" and add a smiley face after the DSO.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    nasowas likes this.
  20. nasowas

nasowas Junior Expert

I plan on once a month buying the $125 ander package just to use for Jesters. I'll bet the 200 ander a pop until the 114k ander are gone. That will give me well over 5k gold and more essence, gems and CoT's that I can fit into my inventory and gear most likely. Should I feel the need to gamble more, I'll have plenty of gold to get me through the month. I have 2 each of the unique gems and getting 15 of one is going to take a very long time I think. I don't agree with nerfing stones or limiting them as far as how many one could have on the boots or torso. I noticed Multi didn't talk about the buff stones for helmet? Wonder how many he has on his helm that gives him a damage or speed advantage over another player who never got them in events. Then take those away too. Just to be fair you know.
    I say, "THANKS DSO!" and here's a smiley face from me :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.