Comment on "Your Community Managers"

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Apr 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CM Greg

CM Greg Forum Newbie

hey @taxi1 , that's actually a valid point. Usually we would show you the complete set, in the past it was sort of a given that sets come only piece by piece.
    As you might have noticed, the events in which you can get these sets are events which we have made in the past. We had different processes for events then. Since 2014 changed our concepts and events feature entire sets.

Best example is the event Rise of Dragan - its the first event(of a series) that has a complete set available. Do you like that more than getting sets piece by piece via different events?

2. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

Yes, and I think I speak for almost everyone when I say this, we like this type of event better. But personally I would have done with less amount of items I have to lug around before I can actually make the unique. Among my other gear, mounts, pets, pots, cots, essences, and the event items like pearls and tokens... I just didn't have the space to carry around more than 5 of the unique items.

3. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I agree, getting all the gear at one event is best. Saves a ton of space.

4. CM Greg

CM Greg Forum Newbie

Great, thanks for the feedback - yeah we noticed - after a while you run around like a nomad with zillion items - we will definitely take this into consideration.

The problem is, if we decrease the amount of uniques people will sreeam for more items. But of course we can diminish the amount items that are not needed for quests. For example, the story leaflets.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I am playing the game for 10+ hours per day ... and since the start of the event I play event only.
    Now ... I am killing Dragan in average of 20 times per day ... which means i have more that 400 kills (almost 500 kills) ... and yet I am missing 6 capes for full set.
    And i haven't received not a single cape for past 3 days. Some players are getting 1 cape in 3 kills ... while i get 1 cape in almost 100 kills. Now every new player have the complete set ... but me.
    I am playing this game more than 2 years and don't have any unique item.
    Is this the justice of random drops??

6. Coograth

Coograth Someday Author

I noticed that for a while now... New account, younger than a year and a half, have better drops for unique items. And in the meantime the older account have a hard time finding anything.
    But I think they designed it this way. The old players are supposed to have full legendary and unique by now and the new ones are finding more unique so that they will become competitive sooner. I would like an official statement on this one, but I can only dream.
    Anyways that is just wrong because we get stuck with 1/3 Roshan for months and they have full Roshan in one week... Or like in your case, you farm like crazy and they find full cape in 1/3rd of the time you waste on it...

moby31 likes this.
  7. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

I'm with you on this one. New players have much better drop of uniques than old ones. That is unbelievable and it is WRONG. It's just wrong, for example, that someone who plays for 2-3 months has mortis mask and I don't. It is wrong to see a 35lvl guy having starlight and I don't. And so on, and so on..
    Can you guys imagine how do we feel when we see some newbie having better items than us and doesn't even know things about game? :(

moby31 likes this.
  8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Maybe I am too new to fall into the "better" drops. I also have 1/3 of the Roshan and have only gotten one other (amulet) unique that I don't want and I have put in a ton of hours these last 100 or so days. So if being new is the key, someone forgot to tell them that I am new.

I read the wiki page about players getting such and such from temple sector or gorga and I have farmed them hundreds of times each without so much as a legendary item let alone something unique.

Yes I was considered lucky that the cape fell often during the event, but I didn't want the cape, I wanted the pauldrons which never seemed to drop for me and still doesn't.

It's easy to look at other players and think that they are "lucky" or whatever but those I have played with that have the best gear have simply put in their time and effort to get that way.

9. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

You mad bro? ;)

"is this the justice". Ahh man funny one though. :)
    You played for 2 years, but you haven't figured out that the unique items in this game is all about luck to get?
    Well it is. You don't earn unique items in this game, only those you can get via quests. Is just about being lucky and that's simply how this game works.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's how it is. Also do not expect that the devs care about what you just wrote. You probably just get an reply like - "Well you can get the unique cloak next time the event comes, so save those cloaks you already got".

Remember what they wrote
    - So I guess you just don't play enough right? Hahaha.. Sorry that was maybe just to provoke you. ;)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  10. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

Don't wanna spam, but this is .. lol. Explain to me in which universe some 30lvl guy who has strong friends deserves starlight more than I do? Back at the time when game was a bit more normal, one needed to be max lvl in q5 to even have a chance of getting starlight. I was killing then, I am killing now, yet I have nothing. That 30lvl guy can't even equip it and is probably playing for 100 days. In which universe does he deserve it more than I do?
    (I'm aware that starlight may be a silly example as it's a bad item, but that's not the point. Also, I'm not talking only for myself, I'm talking in the name of all of my kinda people..)

babu_o_babu likes this.
  11. taxi1

taxi1 Forum Overlooker

do you mean that ''invasion'' events will be cancelled??
    Do you like that more than getting sets piece by piece via different events?[/quote]
    yes,i like the defence set more than drakan's event,i prefer 5 differents style of event like invasions'' parts than one event,cause 1 event gets boring ecause the players see the same grafics,the same design areas many times

12. moby31

moby31 Regular

o_O
    Me too just got enough over a year farming khalys mortis and nothing ,it's ok i do understand but when i see legionere with mortis mask or centurion with khalys bow grrrrr dropped after 3rd round common what is wrong with me ????my id bad ....my bad ...i have already gave up and after recent updates ....for the first time ever im thinking of leaving dso ,i have spend a great time here meet great people but im not gonna bang my head against the wall just coz i can't get smth ,drop rate and lags killed my fun and also killed my motivation
    nowadays im only hanging about chatting a lot :)

-Faeriequeen22- likes this.
  13. Iamboredwtf

Iamboredwtf Active Author

My question is will you ever again sell old wolf wand ? Thank you!

14. babu_o_babu

babu_o_babu Advanced

I feel your pain. I have been playing this game every day on average 10 hours for a year now, you will be surprised if I tell you that I still use the same purple items that I found 8-9 months back. It not because that I don't farm nor because I don't spend money. In fact, thanks to the gems I bought and 2 dark set I bought from gnob that keeps me alive in PVP.

I used to spend thousands of ander just to buy COTs to identify legendary items of my level, but never found one that is better than my purple/ extraordinary items.

And I feel the same way like you when I see some players who play hardly 2 or 3 hours a day and is full Roshan set and better legendaries and khb and mortis dropping unique almost every time they go farm them.

15. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Hi greg-o-lantern,

I'm a bit disappointed with you and DSO...

1st - you forgot to answer my last post:(.

2nd - The "Witch Hunter" set, variable stats for 1250/2750 drakens, thats insane.

3th - The "Rise of Dragan" event, with my lvl 45 i was able to finish the event, but with my lvl 33 it was impossible to finish...because of "Black Knights Battleground".
    My SW lvl 33 has more base damage then my lvl 45, its well above 500 and even with red ess, it was impossible to kill them.

Also seeing other low lvl players (9/15) with the onyx dragon is frustrating, they join groups with lvl 45.

Today, you can see many low lvl players with higher lvl players farming "Heredurs" + "Arachna" unique's for glyphs, instead of buying them.

I'm not against farming without gaining xp, but this is insane and it ruins the game for everyone, especially in the arena.

I recommend that there should be a limit, a 10 lvl difference...a 1 lvl can only invite a lvl 11 max...this way we won't see anymore unfairness in events and in PvP.

I hope to hear from you soon...!!!

16. ARRAV

ARRAV Forum Apprentice

LOL, you're obviously not playing the event correctly, Trakilaki. In order to succeed with the cape, you simply have to use the Visa/Mastercard. You play 10 hours a day, yet haven't understood that yet? - Well, that's a bummer.

Teodor and Bearer-of-Death like this.
  17. CM Dracaty

CM Dracaty Junior Expert

Hi Faeriequeen22,

we heard about such rumors and talked to our developers. The answer is that this is totally not true :) New accounts do not have better drop chances, it is still random for everybody. I can understand that this is annoying, but it is really based on a random decision. Please keep on!!

Your Dracaty

18. Coograth

Coograth Someday Author

Hmmm. "Random decision" ?! Whose "random decision" ?

Then... Would it be too much for us to ask an official statement that will give us an insight on how the drop system really works ?
    I mean we get it : it's random, but it must have an algorithm/a logic behind.
    It's really hard to be kept in the dark, but if we would have something to cling on...
    Throw us a bone, common ! :D

We can still dream:rolleyes:, right :p

Yours,
    Coograth

-Faeriequeen22- and taxi1 like this.
  19. moby31

moby31 Regular

Is this random ...really ???? if it is why rangers in my group keeps getting khalys weapon 2/3 times and i still have none ,u say pure random ...farming khaly for a long time now hundreds of times and nothing if we are so unlucky ....thanks .
    it's frustrating u know ....my friend ( 2,5 yr in the game )deleted his acc only when he found out that his guild mate who is in the game only for 3 months already has this bow ,every single day he was "Khalys inv "khlays slot free" he worked very hard to get this bow but he just gave up and im sure many of us feels the same at least i do .
    This is sad :(

kali1983 and Master0fpuppets like this.
  20. StrawHat

StrawHat Forum Apprentice

Hello CM Dracaty, I have no comment about the game. I just want to say welcome and I have a crush on u..LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.