Feedback Community Feedback: Answered Questions #2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cigarbennett, Oct 8, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Board Analyst

In your recent Steam announcement BP said.
    We will be using the already existing servers for the Steam players and we might introduce more DSO server in the future.

Now in your recent Q&A announcement BP says.
    Any plans on merging servers into one big one?
    It is being discussed.

Those two statements are exact opposite. Which is it? New servers? Merging Servers?

Bigpoint has been trying to destroy this game starting with Dark Legacy when they drove off thousands of players. Merging all the servers into one big server will be the final nail in the coffin. The thought of merging servers is insane for the future of this game. Bigpoint will lose its North, South, Central American markets. No one Playing the USA servers is going to a European server and end up with 500MS. On Tegan my MS is 29 I have tested the Europe servers best I end up with 250MS with constant spikes, the game is unplayable. BP will lose all the Asian Rim market, NZ, Australia what few of them are left. Trow in the language barriers. Does BP really think some guy who can't communicate with other players will stick with the game when they can't even have a conversation and make friends.

Merging the servers should not even be a topic of discussion. Worst idea ever. BUT knowing BP's past track records they will probably do it. Destroy what is left of this game.

2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I live in Southern California, began playing the game on Tegan, but went for a fresh start on Grimmag a couple years later. I now play (when I play; I'm tentatively back after an 8 month hiatus) almost exclusively on Grimmag.

My ping isn't 29ms, nor is it 250ms (as of this moment, 155ms). Lag isn't noticeable 99% of the time (though I'm admittedly far from being a professional gamer).

Sure, some people would feel the change from a local server to a Germany-located server, but I don't think it'll have the dramatic impact on the player base you suggested, and may actually give some players on those smaller servers a better in-game social experience.

3. EmilyRose

EmilyRose Forum Commissioner

I think they should create a central set of database servers and a large pool of game servers based on the number of players located in various parts of the world.
    In theory, we should all log into the same central database server, but each from our own local server located in the city closest to our location.
    Now the servers are only accessible by going to the site of the specially configured game: heredur, tegan ...
    Instead, there would be a single large server accessed from various servers around the world: London, Milan, Dallas...

oslecGar_022 likes this.