Feedback Community Letter Release 213/14

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by Sunlight, Oct 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

As @trakilaki and others like me who have actually bothered to test, examine and come to a conclusion regarding the new release have stated many times, PvP will never be balanced unless the devs do 3 things (read carefully):

1. Make base stats a fixed value. I have no idea why they ever decided to make them random in the first place;

2. Keep gems, runes, enchantments, etc. as they are in the arena. They were never the reason for the imbalance;

3. Remove unique set bonuses from PvP completely.

Until they do these 3 simple things, PvP will never be balanced. Mark my words.

Bubble, MikeyMetro, sargon234 and 2 others like this.
  2. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

Or they could just put it back to the way it was before 155r and let everyone earn their spot on the leader board.

3. Purgerzg

Purgerzg Active Author

Casually crafting gems on town and voila http://tinypic.com/r/6rrbsg/9 Absolutely the same is on live server, ofc cannot open forum page, and after 3-4 times clicking on retry button I am logged in

4. DJBarman

DJBarman Active Author

And now i can show u the diffrence in our state of mind ( or what u think as a pleasure and me ) wont describe to u what i have ( too long to write ) but ill just show u the magnitude of my farm. Now im a player just like u im playing with premium only no real money input and since theyre removing jesters now i can show :D. Last 4 mnths i was bored as u but instead of quiting ive set a goal to sell everything ive farmed ( as u expect i have massive amount of royal stones so no need for cubes ) and play on jesters this is the effect ( and as it goes for me i think this is the real reason why theyre removing jesters :D )

[​IMG]

And thats after spending about 500k andermants already and ive never won a jackpot ( in andermants )
    For the curious ones thats in my case about 1.5-2 mln gold spent on jesters

Now as we go back to the real subject probably ur question will be " why are u farming like that if ur not playing pvp ?" well beacuse i see no point in pvp NOW but i dont know what will the future bring so when the time comes i would like to have the best possible stuff and they wanna take it all away ? How am i suppose to compete with f.e u an arena bot ( no insult from my part its just a phrase we use with my friends ). When it comes to fight all players have their advantages urs is EXPERIANCE mine was FARM now therye trying to take away mine and what about urs ? :D Now do you understand why this change to pvp will be wrong ? Im not saying that the nowdays pvp is perfect im all about changes but they should leave f.e gems/runes so that the work ive put in wont go to waste

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

My proposal for fair PvP balancing

This was not my original Idea but I had to rework it because introduction of Tiered Gems and Platinum enchantments ... for which I had no clue back then.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  6. GχТнeВдтмди

GχТнeВдтмди Forum Greenhorn

I know that players like pve too, me too I liked pve at the beginning, but this game atract me for its pvp.

I'm not saying that you don't have right with what you are saying, but you want your thing and I want mine.

So in the end either way our comments can influence the game maybe just a little or nothing.

Have fun in game, if they add this things is up to them, I only said my opinion here with the thought that it will matter.

In the end we all are thinking for ourself. (talking about the game)

Yogo and DJBarman like this.
  7. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Been messing around with the new alchemy/crafting system. A few suggestions:
    • I don't mind the harvesting animation. But for goodness' sake, do I need to stop to click and pick up the item when it finally finishes harvesting? It doesn't occupy bag space since it goes straight into the crafting bag. Please add all the ingredients to auto-loot, otherwise I might be en route to breaking yet another mouse from playing this game.
    • Repeatable quest "Bone Oracle 1/2" (and potentially others in this questline, I don't know since I haven't gotten that far yet) should specify that it is a Painful+ difficulty quest.
    • Bottles, Flasks, Vials and Filter Paper - allow us to buy in bulk too - x5, x10, x100 etc. If I'm a rich endgame player, I literally want to never visit the dwarf to buy these 4 things. I want to stock up on so much I got a lifetime supply essentially.

8. Alex_kid

Alex_kid Forum Greenhorn

[​IMG]

-i think this is on bug now because with 212 release we can see what items and magic we take after craft now no...
    -release 2013/214 is good all the change but make something more...make to harvest stones auto and the new "flowers",cube,cores....
    -give us the jester back and let them give us ess,fragment,gold,andermants...remove the clovers because we farm them now.but we need the ess and other things from jester...

9. Purgerzg

Purgerzg Active Author

So, I want to see how this new map (12 stages after killing PW boss) works, but for me it is impossible mission because I am constant kicking from game.

10. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

Unfortunately, there will always be one more thing as a reason why PVP will never be balanced.

Actually, I don't like the idea that you can carry someone who can't survive 1 hit from regular mobs at highest lvl and he buy the same item for which you spend days, months and in rare cases years of grinding to get max stats (that randomness valued your grinding or pure luck if it was a quick drop (less than 20 runs)

My suggestion is: base stats should be, in some ratio, smaller if you buy them than those from boss drops.

Or in other case, without them, as it was once

I've got absolutely nothing to add! But ...

Finally, I'll try to explain that "one more reason" mentioned above:

Carrying in combination with whining is the main reason of disbalance - simple, lack of combat skills, so what ever PVP engine is, they'll have problems not because of stats, nor skills, just pure habit! Grrr :D

piteris2 likes this.
  11. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

So you are a PVE bot, you fight with AI and you think that you are better than PvP bots and insult them calling them that way.
    Yes you are an example of what this game became, some reach players on expenses of poor players.Like in real worls gambling can ruin lifes and only few usualy very lucky or with some connection can won so many times.
    I have forbiden in my gui;d to play jesters untill they get 3 4 yellow lines and craft all items and that worked very well for them, in 3 4 months did the crafting and after that they have spend the money on jesters.
    Think about players attarct by gambling that they dont have all items crafted- they will never craft if they play at gesters, as i can see they craft 1-2 items with gold form lederboard but the rest is taken by lucky players after jesters put them in a jackpot.
    I have seen players that won 4-6 times jackpot in a month and players that play and never win so is not for everyone.
    This way drakensang became a game with poor people that evolve very hard because they play on jesters and is theyr fault and BP fault in equal measure if they quit the game because they cant do a character that can farm last infernal.
    Jesters are ok if they cand reserve them only for players that have good characters, they can spend money on jesters since they can do alll content so they should unlock jesters only if you have completed Q-s in infernal mode and you have level 25 on honor, this way they will not have a bad impact on players that have characters in development.Also they need to cut that andermant gambling to play only with gold since gold you cant buy with real money.

12. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

they have to stop with this time wasting EDIT, we already have enough of those, we do not need more of them

The boss animations are already enough and should be removed
    Some pvp fanatics are easily triggered by players making different choices, for some reasons
    Calling them pvp bots is far too nice

Why can't they accept that other people play differently for them? I have no problem with pvper thinking pvp is important for them, but i'm not triggered or hurt by that, i accept them as a choice players made
    It is too difficult?
    Complete balance will never be achieved, it's an ideal to reach, not a reality
    You can however try to reach a state that resembles the balance

Also yours and trakilaki's solution, which i support, seems much simpler than what they are doing, why are they trying to copypaste moba pvp in DSO, which seems absurdly more complicated?

Last edited by moderator: Nov 3, 2018
    piteris2 likes this.
  13. arnop

arnop Forum Greenhorn

i really think that old polished sapphire shouldn´t be worth like 3 flawed sapphire when they get converted into runes, thats just really not fair! and most of the runes that we got from new moon and full moon event that we already combined gets converted into less tiers, that is not really fair too. runes we farmed will get reduced if it stays like this

14. heror

heror Forum Baron

Belive me after the patch comes you wont be rich endgamer anymore , since the drop is completely RNG on q3 m1 the 3 bosses sometimes give me pink.
    1 run on loxley caves fatal gave me 2 pinks and rest green and blue i mean for fatal tat is trash so they are gonna destroy pretty much 50 of the game

@GχТнeВдтмди I cant even write this name properly so excuse me

Dso is a pve game good dammit it started as pve and they put pvp ocasionally just to exist. Shees play [EDIT] [EDIT] or even [EDIT] if you want pvp. And dont tell me that this is you choice when the game wasnt even pvp oriented

Last edited by moderator: Nov 3, 2018
  15. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

This is just not about PVP!!! They are destroying every ones toons and making them start from scratch. They are stealing every ones sapphires. They could have just as easy put the sapphires back into the game so new players could advance. all the gem refiners players have earned, farmed, bought was total waste. And all they have to say sorry made a mistake about having two kinds of gems. They are adding this platinum line which is gonna force you to craft all over again. And on top of that they increasing the cost to craft, thieves. They are changing the tool tip more dmg for 2h. It will do nothing but force us all to go to a 2h build, we will all just be the same boring character's. Taking away the Jesters has nothing to do with gambling everything you get can only be used in the game. You can't exchange it for cash! And to top it all off they are turning PVP in to some slow motion 1970's game. Have you seen those videos it like an old game of Pong,, just a dot going across the screen ping...….ping...….ping. The entire revision is nothing but a slap in the face to all players.

MikeyMetro and piteris2 like this.
  16. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

For me the developers failed to execute a simple community wish > no level cap raise. What does that mean, exactly; you might ask.
    Why people doesn't wan't it, right now ? Because they have to make the gear again and the current crafting and the drop rate it is being pain in the rear but still, you are introducing a new enchantments (aka level cap without experience level raise). As the new patch arrived I will end my drakensang journey. It has been lot of fun but I don't agree the changes and resetting my toon over and over and over again.
    So farewell. Friends and enemies. Master Harra Agathon

piteris2 and heror like this.
  17. heror

heror Forum Baron

Can somebody explain to me WHY is the drop being destryed. Sigrissmar inf 2 ......gives 4 pink ., umm ok so inf = painfull ? ummmmm ok then dowscale the power of that mode.

Why is the whole drop RNG. If it is RNG you must and you have to implement trade unless you are a t r ash developper

@mods why did you edit the name of the games. The is no rule as i recall which doesnt not permit mentioning them especially when im not comparing them to dso im just showing that they have different aspect...

18. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

that's the catch, they are going to make gold much more valuable and increase the costs for doing anything

LOL, pvp is probably going to be more enjoyable, lol, given what they are doing to pve

They are trying to bring back level 45 times, when leggendaries and special items used to drop rarely

19. darkwarss

darkwarss Forum Apprentice

Grimmag Infernal 4 dropped me like 10 pinks lmao. But the pinks actually have more gold lines, so I guess its not so bad. Also the legendary stuff that drop should be amazing for the drop rate that they have now.

Arr and heror like this.
  20. glesia

glesia Advanced

well for me i use short bow and always will its how the game was developed n im not one to stray away from changes. so they better up the damage if not better then 2h

Arr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.