Feedback Community Letter Release 213/14

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by Sunlight, Oct 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

Yeah, devs doesnt seems to be on the same planet with us, and i do not blame them but i blame whorever is in charge with decisions, if u take hard works of players from pvp, what remain? Playing same map again and agaain? What for? They are not and will never be able to release new content fast enough to make this game interesting only for pve.

Ruler of this decisions defintely worths to be fired, and this should happen very fast.

2. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

I heard initially set bonuses will be gone.
    It would sadden me to not see unique values
    I would think maybe if they only removed set bonuses there will be balance
    However I like the idea of people being able to go at each other and it not being a 1 hit wonder 99% of the time

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Name one MMORPG.

cigarbennett likes this.
  4. emmaaxxx

emmaaxxx Someday Author

They had anounced these changes a long time ago, on live streaming. I had made several posts immdiatelly, like some other few ppl did too, but the most of ppl didnt take it seriously. All thought it was a joke and the majority of ppl didnt complain enough about these changes. So here we are now.

Ppl who aggree with these changes just dont have sense of things. SIMPLE : u just cant make useless all the hard effort that some ppl did.

Some SOLUTIONS i have given then, and give now ( btw these are obvious solutions) :

1. U just can put 2 arenas , one based on gear and the other based on No gear.

2. Just limit the gear effect on pvp. (for example a 3000 crit for gems can be half (1500) to pvp). The gear that players spend efforts to build must somehow matters on pvp, even on a very small amount, so ppl will have the motivation to farm.

5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

1) I believe there is a drastic reduction in the value of those gem refiners (which will be worthless after the removal of old gems). If you were stashing them, best to sell them before the update rolls in on the regular server in order to take advantage of a better refiner to gold exchange rate.

2) Some stuff appears to have disappeared from my inventory and been replaced with a massive gem haul (which is appreciated). I tested out the stack combine on the gems and it appears to be working for flawed and splintered, but requires something else for simple and up. Might be a level requirement, as my TS toon is only level 53.

3) on further reflection, I swear my gem stacks are growing each time I check.... maybe some sort of bug here. Or possibly due to the server maintenance, I immediately crashed out after a map change.

6. darkwarss

darkwarss Forum Apprentice

Blade & Souls, first that came in my mind. I think they had ~1mil players on their launch day :) Anyways, the pvp can be balanced good even without all the "scaling to one level and same stats" thing, but it would be very time consuming for the devs. Lets first see how they deliver it in the test server.

7. trakilaki

You are comparing a shooter Korean crap with Hack & Slash Western Fatasy RPG?
    There is not much to wait for ... it has been all predicted and emulated beforehand.
    and this piece of text in the announcement
    proves all my observations , calculations and emulations (read all i said and proposed for PvP).
    Ranger with 1.0 attack speed stand no chance against midget with a same attack speed and 2x turrets active and shooting at speed higher than ranger's travel speed :)
    That is 3 vs 1 fight.
    But since you are a new player ... i assume you don't know how good the PvP has been in the past.
    There was a time when the PvP was almost perfectly balanced.

8. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Isn't your second option similar to what trakilaki is proposing?
    You know, all item t0, lower base stats, drop OP set bonuses and buffs out of pvp,ecc.

Come to think of it, isn't it much simpler than to do what they are planning to implement?

it seems to me a reasonable compromise: why are they going out of their way to do this plan, which is incredibly unpopular with the players?

emmaaxxx likes this.
  9. emmaaxxx

emmaaxxx Someday Author

These pvp changes will just make the pvp potentially more dead cause ppl will not have the motivation to fight as the effort wont matter. We all will just farm like playing a single player game.
    Dont forget, this is an rpj - mmo game, its not calll off dutty.

This is more like a trial and error solution for me, that if dev bring it on , they will have to change it soon when they see that something wrong they did here.

I bet that if this come out on next releases step by step some gear will be active again, base values are active for now, on future maybe the unique effect are active too and so on.

I like this game, i will still playing it, but i dont know if other ppl will do after this release .....

ΣMiwel likes this.
  10. sargon234

well, considering what AAA companies are doing, they are literally stealing the free to play model and putting it in buy2play games

But this pvp should be brought live, the status quo is preferable to this patch

They are trying to rework pvp, i see they have the attention on it, but this is not the way

11. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Hp of all summons in PvP gets reduced by 90%... rip turrets tbh.
    There is no single thing you could name that stands behind the imbalance. Base stats themselves aren't the problem, and I am not sure about your proposed solution being able to do anything good, as well. Scaling down base stats to t0 would be just as unfair as taking away the enchantments. Making the enchantments not work is in fact a good idea... same goes for runes, as they're basically "enchantment gems". However, the problem for me comes in where there is no difference between old and new players. Since they are keeping the base stats (read: absolute eq bonuses) in play, I'd say that they should keep the gems in, too. That would both fit in the absolute-bonus-only scenario and create the difference between the old and new players, while keeping the gap not-that-wide. Then, the state-altering overlay for PvP (buff/debuff), which they already sort of announced, would correct what still is wrong (too low attack speed, running speed, hp... perhaps too high damage). There comes also the honor tree which will probably be reworked, and the new "role system" (which would probably affect the "overlay" you are getting).
    Overally, it seems to me that the whole thing could go for good, as long as the gems are kept working in PvP!!!.

Ment4l likes this.
  12. I like all the changes coming except the PvP part. Yes, PvP should be skill based but not to the point where players can get lucky kills. With these proposed changes, ranged players can just blindly shoot around them and land kills because the better players have been stripped from all their hard earned gear. That's not really skill based... there should be SOME investment required just to be SLIGHTLY stronger than newer players. I can't imagine a player who has been playing for 7 years get killed by someone who literally hit level 55 yesterday.

Don't strip away all the things players worked hard for, nerf them so they don't get 80% on every stat. That's the best solution... and if you played PvP during the level 40 days, you know it used to be like that. Every build should be strong in a particular set of stats.. orb/shield: strong in block rate/strengh and overall defense, quiver/book/dual wield: critical rate/damage and attack speed, 2h: pure dmg and high hp or something.

I forgot to mention, did anyone notice how PvP titles have become so irrelevant? That should tell you something.

cigarbennett and ΣMiwel like this.
  13. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Read my post above. Gems, gems, and gems once again... People are underestimating them.

14. OrochimaruSama

OrochimaruSama Someday Author

Do you really play this game you quoted? I say this because I have considerable accounts Op in at least 3 other games of the genre rpg (being 2 extremely famous) and in absolutely none of them has this system they want to implement:
    for example one of them offer items for newbies to not be massacred, but tier 1 players can use their tier 1 set, which will be only 20-30% stronger than the one provided for anyone.
    Another has its own pvp set that can be upgraded in many ways, and another has an system in with all are equal but has an active WvW mode where players fight between servers or factions using their own sets that have been farmed.
    And that's not to mention the many others who correctly balance the pve and pvp so that one is not useless as they want to do with the drakensang pve.
    My feedback on the update is that if before there was no, there are now 0 reasons to continue playing.

15. The issue with revolving power around gems for PvP is the fact that it will make it severly P2W. That's the only downside I see atm

edit: Gems should compliment the stats only - not be entirely dependent on them. if base values are nerfed the older players will still be better than the newer(f2p) ones.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  16. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I'm a lame noob idiot and so I just don't understand how one and the same person can ask for both:
    1. keeping farmed stuff in pvp, and
    2. having a perfectly balanced pvp.

The two things are contradictory.

Have a good day.

17. That was exactly how PvP was when level 40 was the cap level. And mind you, it was extremely fun.. at least for me.

Ment4l and cigarbennett like this.
  18. sargon234

but if you take away enchantments in pvp, then what reason do you have to craft items?It just means farming 'till you get gold line item and you're done, then you have to get the glyphs

19. trakilaki

You already answered your question in the starting sentence.
    Your post is worthless and not well thought.
    What attack speed buff? where did you read there will be attacks peed buff?
    Even if there are buffs ... that is not THE SOLUTION ... buffs are equal for all but farming efforts are not.
    Dude by the look of your posts you have no PvP experience whatsoever.
    Even if the turrets have 1HP you don't have attack speed to destroy them before you get shot at least 3 times ... in order to destroy the second turret you get another 2 shots ... in the end you are left 1vs1 with a midget and you already took at least 5 shots (in best possible scenario).
    You dude should read first.
    What T0????
    What T0????
    did you even read? The base stats values should be made much lower.
    Read it again and make a calculation.
    Don't forget: The original DSO Team from Radon Labs ... who actually made this game and all Drakensang games ... including the Nebula 3 engine ... they knew exactly what they are doing. There was a reason why old items had NO Base Stats or had symbolic values.
    About the gems.
    Leaving only the gems without runes and enchantments would make greater imbalance than it is the case now.
    They are taking out sapphires by force ... so the only gems left would be Amethyst, Onyx, Ruby Diamond and Cyanite.
    Some classes are totally dependent on attack speed ... while the other classes are having skills attack speed independent.
    Without Sapphires the attack speed is 1.
    What i was proposing is the best possible outcome ... you can't see it because you seem to not having any PvP experience. You sound like a DSO dev that is testing on their virtual testing environment which has no touching points with the real arena.

The most significant part is leaving the players farming their gear.
    With these new changes the players have no motivation to continue playing. What can't you understand here??
    Your set up your goals ... you work on them ... your goals are keeping you motivated and driving you up to success. Without any goals you are screwed up and doomed to failure.
    Let me explain again
    I was not talking about scaling down equipment ... read it again.
    I was talking about NEW PvP equipment with low base values (T(-5) in example) ... which will be available for crafting with the enchantments.
    All base stats will be having same values for all players ... NO RANDOM VALUES ... but exactly the same values for all players with exception of HP and the 1.1 and 1.3 rule.
    The enchantments are providing enough randomness.
    Have you got it now?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  20. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I was implying they are making some buffs, and that, as it was the case in the past, it's almost 100% it won't go live the same way it is now... and if we ask for it, they can for sure add attack speed there too.
    Throw in BoP and wolves as ranger or LS (+possibly guardian) as a mage and the fact that he won't get his steam back if the turrets are destroyed while using the terrain to your advantage. Also, on attack speed... see reply to the first quote.
    Who cares if that is T0, T5 or T(-5). It is taking away base values that a player has farmed, which is no different from taking away enchantments.
    And the reason was that items had absolute enchantments back then. Theoretically, it was giving full control on what stats will you get from your eq, but firstly, the real full control came only with Crafting 2.0, and secondly, new base values system fixed the problem new players were encountering when lvl50 was the cap, namely exactly no defence or no damage, unless they had luck to drop items that would give them a balanced mix of states.
    What real arena? The OHKO we have now or the semi-balanced arena with a completly different state system we had a few years ago? Or maybe, the arena of lvls 20 to 40, where there is a lot less OHKO and, while with less skills unlocked than at the cap lvl, you can have quite an enjoyable experience (unless you meet noobs-to-slaughter only/the bug abusers/some legacy twinks, that is).
    What is bad in PvP now? OHKO. What was the case in the past, when there was no OHKO? Mostly absolute enchantments on players' eq. What is the case at mentioned lower level pvp, where OHKO also doesn't really exist? Base values mean way more and enchantments (percentage) way less to a character. Then, what is the problem? Percentages that are scaling the states to the sky.
    Then it's taking away the motivation too, if you don't see it. Why to even bother farming for PW sets, when they can't be used in PvP?

I don't see what kind of game are you playing with us, but your suggestion is no better than what we have in TS now... well, except for the gems that do stay in your version, but on the other hand, a solution easier to implement is better if it can be built on.
    To your last sentence: no.
    How is that better? It screws up the old players by even more...

Hang on, I'll provide some firm calculations soon to prove my point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.