Feedback Community Letter Release 213/14

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by Sunlight, Oct 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlmosTBlack

AlmosTBlack Forum Apprentice

Like Lineage olympiad system ! So newcomers are't able to participate in oly battles there and player must complite several, difficult quests to get pass on olympiad. And in every month, the player who gathers more points, becomes a "Hero" in his class/proffesion with some kind of special abilities.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

that's the problem of copypasting features from other successfull games and slapping it in here, without caring about context and why those features work in other games

3. emmaaxxx

emmaaxxx Someday Author

There are two ways an mmo game make money :

1] Have a lot of casual and "noob" maybe players that pay only 5-30 Euro only one - two times (like pokemon-go for example)
    2] Have few players that pay 500-3000 Euro

Dso is in 2] case for sure. With new release it will obviously move to 1] case where ppl will stop pay huge amounts of money for sure, but it is unsure that a lot of players come andjust paying 5 Eyro per year in order to be the game alive alive.

Dso is alive just from an 1% of the total population that pays huge amount of money.

Ofc it will be nice to bring more players with a less competitive arena, but killing this 1% population is not a solution too.

Just puting two types of arenas would be a solution to keep both types of players.

4. AlmosTBlack

AlmosTBlack Forum Apprentice

and who will play that gearless gemless and enchantmentless arenas there? in my opinion bp is tryin to balance pvp between f2p and p2w players with this way. what pvp and pve (game) are for, for u guys? Aren't they for having fun?

5. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Anyone heard about "Platinum" equipment?
    I heard from someone in guild, that there is a new tier of equipment coming. A tier above Legendary with 5 attributes.
    Is this true? or just a rumor?

6. emmaaxxx

emmaaxxx Someday Author

Making the pvp gearless is different from making pve gear indepenend from pvp. For example if a superb pve gear is required to farm on inf4 for aqcuiring a new pvp gear, then this would give the motivation for ppl to farm and build their pve gear in order to aqcuire the pvp gear. But a gearless arena wont give the motivation for sure for someone to farm and pay in general.

Please_enter_a_name likes this.
  7. Highscreen22

Highscreen22 Forum Greenhorn

[​IMG]
    No, no, this isn't fair!

8. AlexDK

AlexDK Someday Author

This seems to be awesome. Finally we all be able to play PVP. This will probably mean no more absurd waiting times between matches, much less 1hit = 1kill, and more people coming to and playing the game.

If the more important for PVP will be the base stats of gear, i think that the currently OP players will quickly get a decent advantage back, because they are able to quickly farm the most difficult INF levels and get/craft the gear with the highest base stats.

All in all, I think (and hope) that this update will be great for the game.

9. sargon234

no, they're going to make more power full lines on equipments, more powerful than gold lines
    There is a thread on the forum that is discussing that

10. emmaaxxx

emmaaxxx Someday Author

If u find a green tier 0 with gold base stats, u can easily tier it up with inhering crafting like this : 1(tier0) + 1(tier6) + 1(tier6) + 1(tier6) =
    with 75% chance u take ur tier0 to tier6 adopting with 1/4 chance its gold base stats.

So u just need some tries till u succeed, so a player that plays on lvl 0-1 instances can easily acquire a superb gear with just some help for making some runs on inf3 to take some tier6 parts for craft.

Btw its not like echantments in which a run on inf3 would give u high chances on finding gold echantment stats. U can easily find gold base stats on lvl 0-3 runs and then tier it up like i said before easily to tier6.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is just a 1 month work for all ppl to aqcuire the same base stats from gear and all be the same. No uniqueness at all , no strategy at building gear at all, no specific choices on gears and effects , no personality behind the gear choices nothing at all. All ppl will be the same like playing a 0% RPJ game.

I aggree on seperating pvp from pve, but dev must put a big variety on new pvp gear and maybe pvp runes and gems, so ppl will build their own unique pvp gears based on their judjement and choises. If we all are the same then we will get bored soon.

11. heror

heror Forum Baron

I like the idea of having personality but i prefer more the battle to be equal because some builds counter others making in impossible to win.
    For instance if i make full run speed build with a lot of mana you just wont catch me and will infinitely spam you untill you die or give up , this makes it undefeatble.

And about your statement that we will be equal,,,,,,, ummmmmm m8 we are the same in pve with q7 and pvp with 1h cube set..... i see so much presonality

Arr likes this.
  12. couda22

couda22 Forum Commissioner

Actually the current test server game version provides 5% chance to drop item of tier +1 than the map difficulty (starting from Excruciating difficulty). So it is possible to drop T8 item on Infernal4. Such item can be used for augment crafting. Augment crafting is possible for unique items only. So unique items will be needed to get highest values of base enchantments.

Hetsunien likes this.
  13. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

what do you prefer, everyone using cube set (its just a matter of time), so everyone have similar stats and you have to hit someone 10 times to kill him.. or a semi gearless pvp in where everyone have similar stats but instead of 10 hits now you only need 4 or 3.. i know people like to feel super strong and super pro by killing everyone without dying because of their immortal build but thats not sane, thats a noob pvp

just like herald set and pve and i havent seen anyone complaining about it, except myself

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  14. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Board Analyst

yes I saw that 40% travel. I played this game when 1.5-2.0 AS was fast. Now some toon is gonna be running around with 40% travel and you have to try and hit them with 1.18 AS … lol good luck with that.

Please_enter_a_name likes this.
  15. sargon234

that's already how it is, cube set for pvp and pve q7/ dragan set for all classes, except mages that have much more diversity than the other classes( they can use q4 and bloodmage builds)

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You haven't seen any probably because you don't read.
    That is not how the Base Stats are working.
    I will provide only a small "teaser" ... with this post but I will make full guide on Wiki ... within the crafting extension article.

So here is the deal ... base stats on regular items can be higher than those on unique items.
    But there are stages where you get higher stats on regular items than those on unique items. At some stage the stats are equal.
    I have all the necessary items already crafted in advance prior to this TS release ... because i know my predictions have never failed so far.

So here is one example.
    Lets take a regular ring and unique ring and compare them and the patterns.
    Mortis' Ring of death as all offensive rings has higher base damage than defensive rings.
    Crit hit, HP and resistance on all rings are equal.
    I am considering offensive ring all rings that have Damage, Crit hit and resistance as base stats (mortis', Grimmag's. Fjalnir's etc)
    I am considering defensive rings all rings that have Damage, HP and Crit hit OR Damage HP and Resistance (Artaya's, Khalys' Tear Holder, Bloodtooth etc)
    The general rule says ... if the ring has HP as base stat it will have lower base damage.
    Offensive rings have higher damage than defensive rings and that is the only difference. The other difference I have mentioned it previously.
    So lets compare T1 unique and regular ring.
    Here is the regular ring
    [​IMG]
    Offensive Unique T1 ring would have base stats between:
    43-56 Damage
    520-680 Crit Hit
    208-272 All Resistance

Defensive Unique T1 ring would have base stats between:
    26-34 Damage
    520-680 Crit hit
    715-935 HP
    OR
    26-34 Damage
    715-935 HP
    208-272 All Resistance

BTW this is Ranger's ring.
    So lets see them compared unique vs regular item

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

at this stage the regular item have far superior base stats than Unique Item.
    This magic ring would be equivalent to Tear Holder or Bloodtooth in terms of base stats and pattern.
    Tear Holder and Bloodtooth on T1 would have base stats between:
    26-34 Damage
    520-680 Crit Hit
    715-935 HP

And that's it ... I am finishing the "teaser" the full guide will be available on wiki ... sometime in future.

That is why the devs MUST provide info on max possible base stats on all regular items AT all rarities and AT all Tiers. (and probably at all levels)

Dzungla and Please_enter_a_name like this.
  17. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Lol, removing the Jesters because they are 'gambling'. I'm literally barely holding on to dear life, not to laugh my lungs out. People are currently asleep. Bahahhaha. The IQ at BP.. geeeeeeeeeez. :)) =)) GAMBLING THEY SAY. Ahahahahhahahaha!!

Uffff.. that was good. Ok. Let's get real now. You're removing them because you want to force people to buy spirit stones and essences - who knows, maybe clovers too. Keep hiding behind the word GAMBLING. =) --> someone else said to remove the andermant wager and keep the gold. I plus up with make it 1 /5 / 10 / 50 and leave the ander pot for 10 and 50 wagers. This way it's not illegal (ahahahha) because the andermant which can be obtained through cash would be the main cause for concern.

By the way BigPoint. Where have you heard about gambling without the CASH OUT option? Maybe I'm missing something and people can sell andermant for real cash. =)))

I SIMPLY LOVE THE WAY YOU PRETEND TO ASK FOR FEEDBACK, DUMB DUDES LIKE ME WRITE HERE, SOME MODS READ THE THREAD LOOKING TO RUB THEIR AUTHORITY IN OUR FACES (EDITING,CENSORING,ETC) AND IN THE END IT'S STATUS QUO - NOTHING IS TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.

Came back from a 1,5y break for 2 months and you're already reminding me why I left in the first place. Thanks!

18. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yes ... that means exactly what emmaaxxx said.
    You don't have to spend them all but you won't be able to use them if there is no DTU event. And that event happens once or twice a year and lasts for a few days.

BTW ... I don't know how can someone give any kind of feedback on the new PvE when at this point everything is bugged and the drops are humiliatingly low compared to prices which went 700%+ in the sky.

This is not DSO anymore ... this is a completely new game.
    The game just went P2W at full scale ... like it has never been before.

Demon likes this.
  19. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

You right, but they don't see the large picture they don't see that they have a p2w game and just Asian people will play this type of games because all Asian games are pay to win people from Eu and USA will never try to play a game like this. That is why games like that has zillion players because are frre to play not pay to win like dso.
    If they want to save the game they need o close the shop.
    I have play d3 is pay to play, Poe and in Poe the only thing that you can buy and it give you advantage in game are stash tabs the rest in shop are skins and pets.
    I play wot in that game you can buy premium tanks to make more money is like you buy premium in dso to craft cheaper recently they have introduce some training boosters and I don't like that but the rest are non pay to win features
    How about dso? How many pay to win stuff you can find in shop? Ohooo so many...
    I have learn something from dso, if I want to play a free to play game first I search the shop and if is pay to win I never start play that no matter how good it is.The level of p2w is the strongest of all motivations you to make the decision to play or not, is not the content the lore or the weapons.
    If I want to play a new game I look for few things and strictly in this order,
    1.P2W factor they all have this more or less and to buy stash and slots for characters or slots in guild and premium time should be enough. If they are greedy it will die like dso and all that time I spend all friends that I make will be lost one day.
    2.End game, and that should be pvp or trading, and commun stash the last one is for replay factor. If there is no good end game you will quit and here I can put d3, they have shut down Ah they have no pvp just common stash and this was not enough to keep player base high.
    3.multiplayer - is less boring than if you play alone also here I always like to have towns wheere you can see other players with mounts and costumes, not like d3 where they have only chat rooms and team instance.
    4.Graphics and complexity, I don't like old graphic from wow or new epoch is too cartoonist, also dark theme of Poe is not my favorite, I like d3, wolcen, lost ark and dso graphics . Complexity - I find wow too complex for my preferences and d3 too light, I love Poe for that above average complexity. Dso became more complex with all this gathering I don't like that, dso has attract players because is translated in many language and because had forums in every language and that helped.people to understand the game. Now some forums are closed, game became more complex because they need to bring new p2w stuff in the game and that need new content like small events with event elixire an event potions and event entrances, new world difficulties with small drop so that you need to buy entrances with real money and many many others. Just look now they have implement this potions gathering stuff just to put in shop all that tonics and elixire has nothing to do with hack and. Slash game--instead of that they should put guild hall that we ask and decorations on sale and that way they could bring a non pay to win feature to the game and our wish come real. They want this game remain pay to win, they have this pay to win in BP core that is why all BP games are about to die, they don't understand the new way to make. Business asa a non p2w game they try to copy paste that moba arena ignorig the nature of this game.

I guess that is why dso don't have so many players because no one want to play a p2w game there are so many games much better and more cheaper than dso.

LE. Now they want to split arena from PvE just because is much easier to balance Pvp and all games have trouble with this pvp balance, but they way they do that is bad on so many levels. I have give them a solution to make arena a special place to nerf the stats when you enter in arena.
    In 1v1 they can nerf damage and speed for ranged class.
    Im 3v3 nerf resistances, damage and armor
    In 5v5 nerf speed and skill range. And so on this way you will need a special build for that type of arena and also you need PvE to get the gears. Is much simple for them to erase all stats instead of tweak every time people complain about pvp.

I have seen some nice suggestions from traki why they dont consider, is that hard to communicate with us? there is a twitch channel they should put a CM to stream 3 times in a week make some polls and find out what we want and tell us what they can do or not , is that simple, everything is simple if you don't hide under a corporation umbrella and they are open to discussion.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  20. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

If that's so, what's gonna happen with this:

[​IMG]

I mean, we're gtg 1 gold or It'll be replaced with smh else? Same question is for those below, because gems won't need refining anymore if I understood correctly ...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.