Connection attempt failed

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by turbotonic27, May 10, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbotonic27

turbotonic27 Forum Apprentice

i have downloaded the client , when it loads with the green bar it says "Connection is being established"
    then when it loads up it says "All connection attempts have failed

2. Aerion

Aerion Someday Author

Hi turbotonic27,

Have you tried the steps from this thread? If not try them all and let me know the result.

Cheers.

3. turbotonic27

Yes i have tried those steps for real, and it still doesnt work

4. Aerion

Aerion Someday Author

Hello turbotonic27,

When did you start getting this issue? Which server are you trying to access? and is it your first login since Release 164?

Cheers.

5. turbotonic27

i havent played this game for like a year, and i decided to start playing again a day before yesterday , tried with my friends account too, still same error ,
    i play on heredur, tried grimmag too , and still same issue

6. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Try disabling your firewall for 10 min and try to connect. I would think this was in the guide but not sure. Your anti virus might have a few all also check it out.

Edit: It has how to setup your firewall so if disabling works the guide will point you to how to configure it.

7. Aerion

Aerion Someday Author

Hi turbotonic27,

First and foremost, accessing another players account is a breach of DSO Terms and Conditions of use. But given that you cannot access your friends account, the problem is probably on your end.

If you have not done it already, try clearing the DSOClient temp folder, updating your FlashPlayer and clearing its cache (directions in the guide). You can also try what MegaNuker said above.

Also, can you tell me whether you are using the client or a browser? Did you sign up to DSO via BP DSO website or a third party site like Syfy, Kongregate and Facebook?

8. turbotonic27

another players account... it isnt "another's player account " its my mates account and he comes to my place and we play dso together on my 2 pcs . its not breaching its not hacking its not stealing since my mate knows that i have his password , and i used to log in for him to claim daily bonus when he was at work . with that being said
    I have tried disabling both antivirus and router firewall and windows firewall too. still same issue.
    I have tired clearing the client folder / everything is updated.
    I am using dso client for wndows7 that i downloaded from offcial dso website, account was created using the dso website.

9. MegaNuker

Open a command window and ping 127.0.0.1 and then ping www.bigpoimt.com. See if when you ping your computer if you get a result or a filter error. When you ping www.bigpoint.com you should be under 400ms. Where 400ms is really high.

10. turbotonic27

ping 127.0.0.1 result = i get reply 4 packets send 4 received 0% loss ping 1ms
    ping www.bigpoimt.com result = ping request cannot find host error etc...
    ping www.bigpoint.com result = pinging 178.132.240.341 with 32 bytes of data : Reply from 178.132.240.341 : Destination host unreachable

11. MegaNuker

I think the problem might be with your router. Try unplugging your router and then your modem wait for 1 minute and plug in the modem wait 20 seconds then plug in router. Then connect with your computer and try to play.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  12. turbotonic27

hi thanks for sticking with me .
    I dont have a modem i never had one, i have a router, or a combo 2 in 1 idk how they work . anyways i unplugged it and plugged it back om after a moment , still same

13. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Did you flush DNS?

14. turbotonic27

if you read My first reply, I have tried everything in this thread

15. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The issue is clearly at your end.
    Try to locate it. Either it is a network gear, your ISP or your System.

BTW
    Yes it is a breach of T&C.

16. MegaNuker

OK so what does your router connect to. Is it a line that comes in from the outside. And I see you have 2 computers do both have the same problem. If so the issue lies outside of your computer and lies within the network configuation. I am hoping for an easy fix. I call the box a router connects to a modem but others call it yet by other names. I am hoping that is the corporate.

Use this site to test if it is a firewall.

http://www.hackerwatch.org/probe/

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  17. turbotonic27

My router connects to the wall with a cable.
    I contacted GREEK support they say the problem is on their servers , and that i will not be able to connect until theres a hotfix , and i call that bs to be honest
    . both probe test and port test fail with errors

Last edited by moderator: May 14, 2016
  18. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Hmmmmm

Do you have one of those combined router/modem boxes from the cable company?

19. turbotonic27

that is right.
    Everyone in my country uses those type of routers or whatever they are called.

20. MegaNuker

I think that I have heard of Greece having issues with the internet. I think there was a DNS issue that effected the whole control just about a month or so ago. This is sad news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.