Support Connection issues after servers move (Agathon and Tegan)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by dkarl, Apr 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello heroes, unfortunately it seems that despite the information I shared earlier, the team is still encountering issues that are preventing a few users to log into both servers, rest assured that the team is still working on it and we'll update you all when it's 100% done, sorry for the inconveniences caused.

In the meantime, please do try the solutions provided earlier in this post, best regards.

Mal3ficent likes this.
  2. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

FWIW, getting a DNS server to repopulate can take up to 3 days on the internet. DSO changed the IP address from one that had a geolocation of Los Angeles, CA to on that has a geolocation of Beijing, China. It may take a while for your server to catch up, depending on when it last did an update. Keep flushing the DNS.

What I find most confusing is that the palo and the san jose references in some of the other tracert shots are from Northern CA cities (Palo Alto and San Jose in the Silicon Valley area). Tencent is clearly in Bejing. However, the question is, does Tencent have servers in CA that have a similar IP but are geolocated in CA?

<rant>So.. where the H-E-double toothpicks are the dang servers? My ping has gone into the crapper (another word for toilet) and that is NOT what should have happened.

Are the American servers being replaced with Asian ones? Is the American market going to be disbanded? WTH is DSO thinking and WHY oh WHY can't someone from the company communicate with the players? The only response we get is from CM Clayton who agrees with some guy with a truly lousy idea on dealing with the sapphire issue. We can't get updates on things to come which should have us excited. We can't get updates on patch notes. Hel l, we had a user find a nifty feature where items could be split and DSO couldn't bother to tell us about it.

Seriously, does DSO care anymore? Are they so far in the hole money-wise that all of this is just a gasping fish-out-of-water? Are they trying to get rid of North American players? </rant>

divaofdanger likes this.
  3. You can say "Hell". It's a small town in Germany. But I don't think any of the BP DSO servers are there.

Dragonnns likes this.
  4. BlindAntelope

BlindAntelope Forum Greenhorn

3 days to connect?
    I want a game I can play today.
    Support will contact you sometime in the next 24 hours!!
    Thanks.
    Now I go to find something I can play today, maybe it will be better.

5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Ok - I am able to connect to Agathon server on my laptop via smartphone tether. However, I am not able to connect via the same laptop to Agathon server my wifi/cable connection. Is this something the flush dns tech page is for, or is this some other kind of issue.

I am able to connect to Tegan server via my wifi/cable connection.

6. Druidia

Druidia Forum Greenhorn

I still cannot connect either, tried flushing the DNS cache & did a fresh install. Still keep getting the "all connections have failed" no matter how many times I re-try...

7. Novadude

I am worried that flushing the DNS might ruin my connection via smartphone tether.....

To follow up, flushing the DNS did nothing for getting me access to Agathon server via my at home wireless AC connection. Still accessing via smartphone tether.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  8. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Follow my steps:

1) Whine here
    2) ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns ... repeat until
    3) reboot
    4) ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns ... repeat until
    5) uninstall/reinstall
    6) ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns ... repeat until
    7) Take a nap
    8) ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns ... repeat until
    9) Take a shower
    10) ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns ... repeat until
    11) Go shopping
    12) ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns ... repeat until

... I got in!

9. BlindAntelope

BlindAntelope Forum Greenhorn

finally, I managed to get to Tegan. Only 6 hours and 1 smashed screen to get there.

10. nashedi000

nashedi000 Someday Author

I am from India and i play on tegan, cant connect after maintenance.. I have tried flushing dns but its all the same

11. Novadude

Consider power rebooting your router and/or modem. I got finally access immediately to Agathon server on my home AC wifi after doing that.

12. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

I could get in normally again. I think the team resolved the problems! (hands claps):)

EDIT

Also thank you for the performance improvement.
    Connection went from 125ms to 179ms :mad:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Miszteer likes this.
  13. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

thanks for connection my ms goes up from 200 to 250 when its perfect...bigpoint cant afford to have asian server...im in australia and its not playable anymore

14. Dümbledore

Dümbledore Someday Author

( Brasil - Rio de Janeiro ):

• Before move server Agathon: 156 ms
    [​IMG]

• After move server Agathon: 213 ms
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• I am a good buyer of the game, but unfortunately not giving to play so, if they do not solve, I will abandon the game. :(

thewiz6666 likes this.
  15. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

Love the lag WTG
    Disconnect for no reason straight to black Screen boss fight PVP sitting in urban area
    You guys really know what you are doing :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    thewiz6666 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.