Support connection problems

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by heracless69, Apr 22, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. heracless69

heracless69 Someday Author

hello, I have a big problem to connect for some time, I contacted the support which did not help me
    I can no longer connect to the game without disabling my anti virus (avast premium security), I checked all the agreements for dso everything is ok in avast but impossible to play
    the game asks me to empty the time cache every day, despite that I can't connect
    moreover I have since yesterday an error message nebula
    every time i start the game
    if anyone has a solution to my problem
    (not useful to contact the support they do not answer or when they answer it is to say nothing useful)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

This shouldn't seem like an excuse for a game that even struggles to tolerate an antivirus (hummm... are you really sure that's the cause?) but in my opinion you could consider removing Avast permanently from your computer. Windows Integrated Security now excels in the AV Comparatives, and more and more users are uninstalling additional antivirus and getting gains in system overall performance.

You can easily find a pretty vast literature online that questions the usefulness and advisability of maintaining an additional antivirus system running over a fully updated Windows o.s.: I suggest you do your own research and evaluations.

3. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

N2 option - to ask Avast support for help :)
    DSO must be in list of allowed apps in Avast configuration. But now antivirus blocking the game and you have nebula (mouse driver/dso files /cache problems) because of that maybe too...

4. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

In such a case, Avast support already makes available online guides on how to exclude local files and remote websites from the action of their shields. In this product there seem to be two separate lists, for the antivirus and for the firewall: the following links might help in case.

How to exclude files or websites from scans in Avast Antivirus and Avast One | Avast
    How to set up Firewall Application rules | Avast

I continue to have doubts as to whether it is worth keeping it, but everyone does as they believe and prefer, also based on the need for protection level they believe they have.

5. heracless69

heracless69 Someday Author

thank you for your help
    I have already done all this, but the problem remains

when i disable avast the game works normally
    So I think the problem is with the antivirus.

I also did all the actions that is here on the support but nothing works
    since DSO R258 update

and apparently I'm not the only one to encounter the NEBULA 3 problem

thank you again for your help (the forum is more efficient than the support)

oslecGar_022 and Selene-Rip like this.
  6. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

If u like Avast and wanna use it (payed money), and u have problems now ,but before R258 not, maybe that only temporary problems.
    That is why I suggested report that to the Avast team.
    And more security always goes with a penalty to performance ...more or less.
    Temporary solution is disable/uninstall Antivirus , and delete DSO from temp and after reupload again all data files. And maybe check disk for file errors.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023