Feedback Content Expansion Realm of the FireLord

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Ginaja1, Nov 20, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Ginaja1

Ginaja1 Forum Greenhorn

Hello Daniel Huang & Shanty,

A new expansion is always exciting, at least when this time you dont downgrade/nerf our characters and items....

When i play the CE on the testserver i enter the new map Maze of Blaze and after 3 mins of playing DSO crashed completely. Then i restart DSO and enter the same map and again this happens, after 5 times in 20 mins i gave up. I know this is why it is on the testserver but bugs like these make the game unplayable and impossible to progress and/or test further.

Anyone else having these bugs (see picture)?

My first impression from this CE is like DEJAVU, know this, been there, done that, but i need to mention i have not seen much yet, i have seen only one new map, some new mobs and did not find any new quests, but still all by all not that impressed seen the new map- music/sounds/graphics and new mobs.

Anyone else an opinion about this CE?

Regards,

Gina
    A true DSO fan for many years

https://ibb.co/XC0YGq2

[​IMG] [​IMG]

FAALHAAS likes this.
  2. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

I didnt test myself, but heard countless people say same about the crashes....so you're not alone.

And well from what i've seen; This CE wont be a very big deal. Just a minor update with new map and quests. Maybe its a start of something bigger. Who knows :)

Kaгahanlı likes this.
  3. Dimash1964

Dimash1964 Forum Apprentice

ALL CHANGE FOR CHANGE NOTHING.......

laro1 likes this.
  4. cogix

cogix Regular

the CE does not mean Content Expansion, but Crash Extended
    joke apart, it happened to me and I gave up after 10 min

laro1 likes this.
  5. EmilyRose

EmilyRose Forum Commissioner

Must we really believe that this is the new CE on the test server?

Now I'll tell you a story:
    a girl has to go to prom
    her mother is sewing her a beautiful dress for the occasion and she is eager to see it and try it on
    the mother wants it to be a surprise, but the girl insistently asks to see and try on the dress
    so the mother, tired of the pressing requests, takes an old dress, dyes it red and applies some rhinestones to it and gives it to the girl as if it were the new dress.
    the happy girl wears the dress, but the rhinestones fall out leaving huge holes
    - Mom, what have you done? Do you think I'm stupid enough not to realize it's just an old dress?-

I refuse to believe that what they proposed to us on the test server is the new Content Expansion.

6. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

Come to think of it. Did they add new lootboxes? If not, you might be on to something^^

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is not a new content it is an old content that they can't make it work because as they themselves admit ... they don't even know what is the purpose and how to use those tools in their disposal.
    BP used to hire internship students for free ... now they hire kids who are learning computing basics on Drakensang.

8. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

CE what where when? that tiny bugged unfinished garbage u called CE ? no translations in test server but released anyway.. and broke whole game for non EN client users .

And that about new unique items aka mythical items , u want "Do Great Again Q7 set?" (removed by ex dev) and why ? that's all u can do again : old sets ,repainted mounts and pets?

Sorry but i'm just thinkin skip that masochism with all that crafting buying farming mortis ... killing bosses without armor brake such "a big fun" same as losing resources etc...

9. DamarèRo

DamarèRo Padavan

I want to say only this, what is this EDIT ?? The whole game is only letters....
    If you can play like this go on, but I will not, what a joke!

[​IMG]

Last edited by moderator: Nov 23, 2022
  10. Γκοριον

Γκοριον Forum Apprentice

[​IMG]

what is this i cant go to map2

11. Lambrusco

Lambrusco Exceptional Talent

I try to play but once i choose my character it no possible to play... or you are stucked if you chosse one or EDIT you are lucky once inside the game there's nothing just a white screen...thanks BP

Last edited by moderator: Nov 23, 2022
  12. laro1

laro1 Forum Greenhorn

Content expansion for almost 3 years? WOW . they only changed the log in screen and they added 3 maps with useless for almost 3 years UNBELIEVABLE. nice work DSO.

13. Lop

Lop Forum Greenhorn

Is there a time limit to kill all mobs in map 1 ?!?:mad:
    because with mobs respawn for Most players that arent op it is impossible to get map 2

14. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

I didn't try it until today. Yes, the time for succeed is quite strict and you have to hurry a bit, with my pretty maxed mage I could fail to spawn the stump if I just miss one mob somewhere. But of course you can start at lower difficult modes, just clean carefully every spot and you should succeed.

The location is exactly where you defeat the Minotaur

[​IMG]

Anyway this is what I'am getting when trying to enter the door for the supposed-to-exist map 2:

[​IMG]

We are seeing three "new" maps produced after three years of mismanagement and waste of time... and now it certainly couldn't be expected that they were free from bugs or, not even, that they could work at the least worst.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    FAALHAAS likes this.
  15. Ringo

Ringo Forum Apprentice

I say congratulations if you managed to have the strain I tested the map in Doulou and with my 680 k of damage I did not manage to have the strain between the latencies of the game and the characters who remain blocked for no reason see a very small pebble I think that this map will be useless and that instead of wanting to launch new maps that no one will play they should rather look at the bugs of the game which have been there for a very long time before this game is not completely deserted or if that is what they want then as much to close it immediately at least we will be fixed.

16. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

You get stuck because of the invisible walls, and you recognize them because they are (almost) always in correspondence with imperfections in the ground, such as cracks in the rock or flat stones (which in any "normal" game wouldn't prevent our unstoppable "heroes" from continuing to run) like these:

[​IMG]

Just avoid putting your feet in all those points where you see there are seedlings, pebbles or crumbs, and you should solve some of your speed issues. Of course latency is always a problem, very often monsters appear after I've already passed them, and I have to go back to kill them...

But this is one of the billions of problems that Nebula brings with it: it forces the servers to an absurd load charge every time a player performs a map change. And if at the same time there is an event that pushes players for continuous map resets, it is understood that things can only work from bad to worse.

If you just knew how many posts I've written about this inglorious game's death in the late past... to the point that I got tired of always being right ;)

We'll see. Current devs were not skilled at all when they were hired, quite few time ago, and I remember Discord messages admitting all their struggles. This expansion, which at other times should make us laugh loudly and cancel our accounts forever, in this precise moment is their way to demonstrate they are trying to build something that is always more than nothing. Let them work (and study) then we'll judge. Surely, the bug that prevents from entering second map must be avenged :p

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Elendel80 likes this.
  17. DamarèRo

DamarèRo Padavan

Hi all, guys I see a lot of players farming the map1,2 and 3 of maze of blaze, I know there is a set but what give that new set ? Anyone know? Thanks!

18. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

Only got a lvl100 example since the game bugged me into normal, but it give you an idea of stats/set bonus:

[​IMG]

Alpaca and DamarèRo like this.
  19. T3SS

T3SS Forum Apprentice

Quest for 5 Azar kills is not counting kills, at least on normal. After over 10 kills I am still at 0, even though last few kills were on normal since I wasn't able to get on higher mode because of bug. Anyone with a solution?

Edit: Managed to get on bloodshed, boss kills still not counting.

Edit 2: A week after hotfix, CE is still piece of garbage. Glitched minotaur death animations, random black screens = game drops after entering map, random difficulty changing to normal.
    It only took them 4 months to realize something is not okay with CE after release, so maybe it will work as intended till summer? But if it ain't bug players can benefit from, it ain't important :D:D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  20. Talaby

Talaby Someday Author

Realm of the FireLord

the good news of the map is that collecting the herbs (not the lava leaves) that appear on the map they give you keys to enter the glowing cave in the hognis mine. it drops the blue lizards. I took the simple one, the incandescent one is missing.