Content update hype.

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by NotWhoYouExpected, Oct 16, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. NotWhoYouExpected

NotWhoYouExpected Forum Apprentice

Lately, I've been searching through the forums and facebook page of the game. Looking for concept arts and stuff. And, as you would expect, I found a lot(and I mean that, *A LOT*) of randomers talking trash about the game. Comments such as "Dead game, why bother updating?" and stuff are flooding the posts. But, I am really enjoying this downtime for the next release. The concept arts are marvellous and I just can't wait for the new mechanics. And I know I'm not the only one. So, I decided to make a post about it. You know, a nice post. Not like "The release is gonna suck and I'm quitting the game." type of post. If you feel the same support me. Write something nice, show some appreciation for the DSO team's effort(even if its gonna suck;)). Hope dies last after all.

meurerplay likes this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Dude you have 3 posts ... and you are talking about "randomers"
    The game and the devs are clearly off track ... someone has to raise the voice before they crash the wall at full speed.

Bubble and ghostmagicus like this.
  3. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

Agree, maybe many players should raise their voice clearly.

4. NotWhoYouExpected

NotWhoYouExpected Forum Apprentice

Speaking in a friendly manner, I'm using the term "randomer" 'cause I do not want to insult anyone in any way humanly possible, we all know how easy it is to insult someone nowadays. Also, the game is been off the rails for years now. The team made bad choice after bad choice after bad choice and we've been screaming for change but found deaf ears. As much as we raise our voice the car has no breaks, crashing in the wall is inevitable. But, I'm just not ready to abandon hope yet. I finished the post with the phrase "Hope dies last." All we can do is hope. That's all.

5. The only reason players have become so aggressive towards the Drakensang team is because the team refuses to communicate with us in a professional manner, unlike the many other gaming companies who are very closely connected with their player base. Players have made thousands of creative suggestions, given feedback to events and reported bugs but they still work behind the curtain and ignore the players.

It seems like they are trying to milk out as much as they can from the players before the car finally crashes. The "hope" you speak of is literally all the players who still take the time out of their day to play the game, despite all the things mentioned above. That's all the hope we can give.

I've been playing the game on and off for over 4 years and just recently returned playing it once again. I've received emails from BigPoint asking me why I quit and a survey asking what would improve the game. I've probably sent like 4(that I can remember) of those out with detailed answers to every question.

I respect that you're sympathetic towards them but if you expect anything out of it, I hate to tell you this, but you're wasting time.

Bubble likes this.
  6. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

It's a little tad too late, they already did that and they keep doing that

But they do not listen, so it's useless

But what can i say, trainwrecks can still be fun
    Have you ever heard the phrase "abandon all hope all ye who enter"?It was probably written somewhere when you first entered the game

7. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I hate reading DSO's social media content. The DSO social media community has always been full of negative, whiny people begging for free stuff. It hasn't changed in years, nor do I expect it to. The forums aren't nearly as terrible in comparison.

There are positive folks around, but they don't exactly pop out to say anything when there's nothing good to be said.

8. sargon234

you can't also have hype if you don't bother to release information about new stuff and if you don't keep the promises

The patch was supposed to come friday last week

And let's not mention the supposed quick info about the patch that were coming "soon"

9. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

those comments are the people reaction to this game, you can see forums and social media from other games and compare them to drakensang

this forum is managed by bigpoint so they can delete and edit negative comments, thats the difference with social media

10. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

This forum is being managed by DSO English Moderation Team.
    We do not delete or edit posts because they are negative but because they are not following the rules. Every single forum user has an obligation to get familiar with the rules before start using the forum actively. I can see you are member of this forum since 2013, yet you are still not familiar with the rules. Thus spreading false information.
    Every member of the EN Moderation Team has their background and game knowledge level checked, has been provided a much needed training, has been verified they are at age of 18+, their prior posts have been checked for the level of reliability, bias and helpfulness. You cannot find that on social media.

Cheers.

11. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

bigpoint or drakensang team, I just wanted to point the difference with social media. And about this forum and the rules I have seen people left spanish and portuguese forums because of the over control of the forums, in those forums most of the topics are closed and hundreds of post are edited or deleted because of the 'rules'.. actually portuguese forum is already dead and spanish is getting close

you can imagine facebook with this kind of moderation, nobody would use it probably

https://i.imgsafe.org/e4/e4fbf3fe6f.jpeg

12. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Not to be harsh Arr, but have you read some of the Spanish names people are choosing for their toons and guilds in the game? If their respect extends in the same way to the forums, I'm not surprised their posts get shut down or deleted frequently.

As for being supportive of DSO, I try, but seriously, it's the little things that are nails down a chalkboard for me.

Still dealing with useless arrows as you enter maps that take you with no hesitation back to a main hub, wasting your passes into events.

Still heading into the winter events with the piggies (a favorite of mine) first come first serve, instead of updated so the entire team can enjoy them.

Still ... still.. still..... it's the little things that tell me that DSO doesn't really care about the players. We aren't asking for entire new dungeons or cool new skills, even. We just want the basics, minor repairs done to problems that have been mentioned CONSTANTLY by players. I get it, we're on a private forum which technically the devs don't ever have to read. Maybe though it would be worth it for them to actually do that once in a while-- assuming that they don't play themselves. Ever.

13. sargon234

perhaps they can provide information about the new release instead of showing pointless teasers?Perhaps they can actually put the new patch in the test servers?

14. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

Actually i agree with the OP. Too many people are negative without being constructive. And eventhough the game has much to be improved, many still enjoy the game in one way or another. Saying the game is dead but still playing the game for 10 hours a day..... well, what can i say? Say something useful or shut up.
    Yes, there is a lack of communication, especially the past year. Yes, the devs take other priorities then what we would want them to take, but they might see a bigger picture that we dont and they have to take their financial side into account. Or maybe they re completely wrong, but at least they still work on the game. All we can do is come with constructive feedback and hope one day they ll listen. Eventhough many say the devs dont listen, several requests have been added to the game.
    DSO will never be perfect and will probably never be anywhere near perfect, but I still enjoy playing the game a lot. That s probably also the reason why me and many others dont often post on the forums. we re just too busy playing.

Conclusion: Eventhough the many bugs and errors, to me DSO is still a great game.

Zoltan and Hetsunien like this.
  15. sargon234

yeah, let's add more constructive feedback
    We totally didn't do it when they asked for it for the rework for the new moon event and that feedback wasn't totally ignored
    Yep, we can still repeat the same things over and over and expect different results, this isn't insanity, i swear

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Hetsunien likes this.
  16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Behind every successful man, there is a woman ... behind every dead DSO server there is DSO Dev Team.

Demon likes this.
  17. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

Ok mate, i think forum is full of constructive ideas, and BP didnt use them.

You or BP can't restrict liberty of players saying what they fell. Already too much usefull things was sayed on forum with too little results. Some limit was reached, and pleyers feels that their constructive ideeas are in vane, as a result u can see most negative comments.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  18. sargon234

well yes, you need a sandwhich to replenish your energy during work, you know
    Well, that's the depth of the "arguments" from BP's shills: "shut up" definitely is an argument; essays from Baragain or Trakilaki are nothing