Crafting 2.0.3 :-[

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, May 21, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thuglifederp

thuglifederp Active Author

Im not a pro i started this game like 2 weeks ago ive been readin alot about this crafting 2.0.0 and 2.0.3.

Tried to make a legendary bow wasted like 300 gold none of them had the first 2 lines of the epic bows not even one line of the bows.
    Today i was doing the daily quest to craft some items , crafted 4 diffrent blue items and got a +60 dmg and 65% dmg and some critical now those 2 stats are what i wanted on a orange bow but i didnt had the luck then i craft some randoms and i get that .
    I think is just luck ... Like the other day im trying to lvl up to 43 by doing a dungeon over and over again and not a single unique this morning right when i loged in and went to that dungeon the second mob that i killed droped an unique belt that i needed to complete set.

Now i know i dont know much about the game as ya so dont shoot me !!

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

So you said that you are 42 and working on 43, so you don't want to be wasting any gold on crafting until you are LVL. Crafting is expensive and takes a lot of time and you want to build a solid character with the drops you get before you craft. Otherwise, the items you craft are going to be lower level and they will need to be replaced quickly.

If you get a crafting daily, craft the cheapest thing you can, or try to find a crafting quest (there are a couple) since those items are free to craft.

Once you are LVL 50, that is when you want to start collecting items with gold lines on green and blue items, and then you will start trying to craft as described in my opening post.

3. thuglifederp

you are right but i felt like i was not doing enough dmg so i tried to work abit on that.

And all those comments about crafting made me do it.

4. _Baragain_

Crafting is really powerful now, and you can make some amazing items, but if you aren't ready, you just end up wasting resources. If you are judging how much damage you are doing by what you may see in PvP, don't. There are toons that purposely stay low to make their charater stronger than it should be at their level with tons of glyphs and full unique and legendary builds that they have stuffed full of the high tier gems. Some LVL 20s are stronger than some LVL 50s because of this. These Twinks are garbage and a cancer in the game.

LooneyTed and Troneck86 like this.
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Believe it or not ... it does make a difference.

VukChe likes this.
  6. thuglifederp

In terms if PvE, im a ranger and im having troubles with waves of mobs coming at me so i thought that a better bow with more dmg will help me out abit more

7. _Baragain_

It just comes with time. Rangers are the toughest class to build well at end game since you can't just focus on damage the same way that the other classes do. You end up having to build your crit and crit damage to be on the same footing with the other players.

8. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

So I have to ask this as I am in a quandry on what I want or should do with this one. In the Arena in the recent event, I ended up getting a blue set of boots with two yellow damage lines. This ends up with +65 damage on these boots. Boots are not what I'd normally put up for a damage item. I am a SpellWeaver.

There are no open gem slots.

Do I melt it? Use it as a 3/4 on some other set of boots with more appropriate enhancements? Is damage a good enhancement for a pair of boots? Do I save them for boss damage?

Thoughts?

9. Beldak

Beldak Regular

In my opinion save them and use them as 3/4 with other set of boots, i'll would try and find 1 more with damage and 2 more with walk speed. That can bring interesting results.

10. _Baragain_

Pardon me, but I'm about to monologue, so here is the TL;DR:
    They are only worth saving for boss DPS, and only that if you don't have something better like one of the new moon boots. All the other boot options have trade offs, but these ones have the best of everything (IMHO). Personally, I'd go for the White Boots
    I don't like damage on boots. It doesn't make a significant amount of difference to your DPS, and it comes that the expense of defense.

Up until R169, I'd have said there were only 4 good options for boots, two offensive, one defensive, and one speed (which is open to debate). You could use the Grimmag boots (if you're lucky and have the decoration). They have decent speed, some defense, and the offer a serious boost to damage (for the special skill). You could also go with the machine boots and machine gloves combo. You get an extra 15% crit damage by using the boots (and ok speed), but you get almost no defense. For defense, this is a crafted legendary with high HP and armor since, as I've already pointed out, there isn't much in the way of offense to be had from boots with out getting really squishy. The final one is what I'd recomend for a SW, and that is crafted speed boots. Makes a difference to survivability and helps with chasing people/monsters down. After R169, I'd say to go with one of the New Moon boots since you can pick low speed/decent crit damage/high armor, or you can pick higher speed/low crit rate/low armor. You can prioritize what is most important to you and get a decent amount of offense from an item that usually would be garbage for offense.

Troneck86 and Theusen like this.
  11. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

It's not worth it until you get that one lucky craft which finally >does< upgrade a piece of your equipment. You need a lot of resources (gold, backpack/locker slots, time to grind, grind, grind up pieces of craft-worthy components), and luck. You always need luck.

12. steelfox1973

steelfox1973 Someday Author

IKN Right, Thats because the research of Dr horrible is not accurate ,I will explain ,thats because he made all the calculations based on information given by Bigpoint ,nice work btw.

But after a lot of intensive crafting whit my guild ,collecting results we felt that ,we have 2 calculations running on the craft system

One is the simple combination probability explained here by DR Horrible ,another are that really bad adds EX: Seal : 18 damage 115 crit rate 160 life have a high chance to go on the crafted item

Really good adds like 10% more life or 17% crit damage have a very little chance to join the crafted item ,and for the seal % more life is the hardest add to go to the seal , For 2Hand and 1 hand % damage is really hard, For belts Crit damage , Shields if you have an 65% block hate its a hell to pass to another item .

Why Im saying that? Because so many times we got 4 nice belts (legendary) and what the workbench did to ruin the craft? he just cloned an entire item.

For me its just impossible to craft a good weapon EX: Legendary and you have 16 adds here ,If half is % damage adds and half is damage adds ,im always have results like a 4 damage adds or 3 damage and 1 % damage adds.

To have more chance im aways try 2 good weapons on the first 2 slots ,since 4 % damage its not a good /optimal combination, I prefer 3 % damage and One (crit damage ,Crit hate, damage) to get this work i use 13 ou 14 "%" damage adds ,even if some are low like
    50% ,and 2 or 3 (crit damage ,Crit hate, damage).

With this metod, I made one 209% damage and 75% crit damage whit bad luck, if was will be 235% 75% crit damage.

BTW we got nice results mixing 2 very good extra itens whit tons ,and tons of trash.

And when you say "I'm better off waiting for a lucky drop" if you are lucky enough You can get a good drop in like year 2019 ,And then next week lv 55 starts and you need more 3 years to drop again.

thebearreturns likes this.
  13. _Baragain_

Not worth it? You've seen the items I've crafted and the stats I have because of it, right? I'll admit that the weapon was a fluke of luck and I ended up with a very strong start to the process very early on, but you will never get to where I am now if you depend on a lucky random drop. I don't know what you are talking about when you say that you've "done a certain amount of crafting over the years" when you've only been able to influence the outcome in the past couple of months. There is a snowball's chance in hell of getting a drop as good as my crafted items, but I've managed to craft these items in just a matter of months (with a couple of months worth of preparation). While luck is a factor, math helps drive the process until it is just a matter of time and resources with luck being insignificant.
    Show me data that says that it isn't. Like I said above, there is no way I'd have the items that I have if I was wrong. While the PRNG can seem to get into a bit of a "rut," you will eventually come out on top. I have four 3/4 legendaries and one 2/4 that I use in my build, and two 3/4s in my locker that I'm saving to build a 4/4 of the right type. This isn't luck. It is math.

EDIT:
    And when I say "Show me data that says it isn't" I mean something similar to the math I did analyzing crit rate, not just your feelings, memories, and perceptions. So many people claim that crit is broken, but I think that my math proved that people will have "streaks" the balance out over time and with enough data points, you approach the expected % crit rate. It also proved that human perception of random events is inherently flawed due to our tendency to remember negative events (especially when the negative outcome is statistically more likely than the positive outcome.) I'm planning to do some testing to this end on the test server if I ever win some andermant from the jesters (still have 190k to burn from the DtU bug), but that will be a long time coming. So unless you have data that can prove otherwise, we are relying on anecdotal evidence, and if we are going to do that, I think that the tons of examples of success in this thread prove me right more than your limited experience and perceptions prove me wrong. Also, the math on the %Crit rate also seems to indicate that there is nothing seriously wrong with the PRNG on the macro scale, and just when dealing with the really fine odds over short periods of time.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    LooneyTed, Armando, Troneck86 and 2 others like this.
  14. _Baragain_

Nope, but you do need to present facts/data, not feelings. I recently proved that one common misconception about a random process in this game is wrong ("crit rate is inaccurate"). Do I need to do all the work proving that people's perceptions are inherently biased on this one too? Every time someone has told me that the math is wrong or that they are a special case, I've proved them wrong and then they claim something else (like the PRNG hates them special). I feel like I'm on MythBusters and people keep coming up with these crazy ideas and I'm the one who has to bust them all. So are you going to help, or do I need to prove you wrong all by myself?

15. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I figured that I'd stop in to see if there were anything new happening... Nice to see the same old arguments happening.

Dragenstein, the math is correct, but the random generating numbers can skew it until you don't believe it.

Take for example greens into blues.

1 good, 3 crap = 25%
    2 good, 2 crap = 50%
    3 good, 1 crap = 75%

Now the odds never change.

Because the rng can choose slot 4 once or an unlimited amount of times in a row, it can make it seem impossible to move that good line.

Think about it like flipping a coin. No matter how many times the coin lands on heads, the odds of the next flip are always 50-50.

I did check through the "show off" section of the crafting thread and it seems that those who were super strong and were able to solo fatal maps before 2.0 have gotten even stronger.

Of course the fatal maps have better drops and more gold, so that makes sense.

I did not notice any weaker or average players posting monster items ... coincidence ???

I wonder if anyone who had only been able to run the painful maps have significantly improved or if they are still endlessly stuck in painful all these months later.

Oh well... it's nice to see some things don't change... I'll check back in another couple months and see if there are any new arguments happening.

Happy killing everyone.

16. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I honestly was struggling with painful maps before I crafted myself a nice exo axe, now I can handle painful maps with no or green ess and bosses with blue ess and I was able to further improve my build thanks to it... so I guess that crafting is quite a nice thing for weak/average players with patience too.
    Here are my stat differences, even tho they aren't spectacular or something:

Struggling before the craft:
    [​IMG]

After the craft:
    [​IMG]

And currently:
    [​IMG]

And that's all thanks to just an exo axe.
    Still doing painful maps since that's where I got most of my gold lines, and I don't wanna struggle on higher difficulties since I don't see any huge benefits from it.

Working on another 77%+77% exo axe... If I manage to make a 3/1 leg axe (this will have to wait some time before I get some more lines over 75%) and a 9,xx+9,xx increased damage exo torso... Things will look even better for me. :D
    So... in the end, crafting, nerfed as it is, it still is nice.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Armando likes this.
  17. trakilaki

I will challenge you on that one :p
    Yes you do :p ... otherwise it would be their words against yours.

18. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

You may not realize this, but you are actually proving my point. While you are making modest gains, the OP players are making major gains. The gap between the average and Op is widening because of crafting 2.0

I knew this would happen and pointed it out in the beginning.

Players like Baragain were able to run the fatal maps before and because of the better drops and increase gold drops they are able to craft better and more often.

Look through the forums (not just english) or on you tube you'll see all the 3/4 and 4/4 gold lines that the strong players have gotten.

Some of these players improved by thousands in dmg and thousands in crit. Average players are not improving at that same pace.

I'm guessing that the cheaters recently made up ground and there are new OP characters, but from what I've read no average player has become OP simply by crafting.

I am still hoping that one day the dev's get their heads out of their butts and get this game where it "could" be, but after reading what they've done to moon events (which in some ways is good) and other changes it seems like it is simply more of the same. Lots of grind, little rewards, ignoring players. For the most part I've gotten OVER ;) it and spend most of my free time playing a different a game.

19. trakilaki

Exactly what I am implying in my previous comment.

20. LooneyTed

LooneyTed Someday Author

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.