Crafting 2.0- Allow player to target/randomize a bonus

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by taketh, Nov 23, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

10k, 20k gold to craft an item? Hey bro, but are you okay? How big was the train that has overwhelmed you? Healthy people do not live on Drakensang ...
    I hope that the cost of crafting does not exceed 50 gold per item.
    I'm sorry but on this point I am not totally agree with you.

2. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

The price doesn't matter if you get a very very good item. And 10k gold is nothing if you know how to farm, you make it in a few days.
    But if you like to pay 50 gold for trillions of useless trash items, then have fun

MANOJ likes this.
  3. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

Is this what is on the test server right now or an announcement from a different language forum?
    Since you said we can keep changing the result stats clicking them just like daily quest, do we need to spend anders to do that? is there choice between to anders and gold to do that? or is it free shuffle?

misterbean likes this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That would be good only if you know what you get in advance ... otherwise no ... it is too much expensive.

5. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about: to force the values from the ingredient items into the final crafted items for a high price.
    Then you knew exactly what you got in advance.

People pay 5k-6k gold for garbage items from Emilia shop anyway so 10-20k gold for a very good item is a no brainer

6. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Knowing how games are I would say gold. But hope it's free. But please note what I think will happen you will see 4 lines of damage it will be like the icons for the essence gear. Tell you the min and max with a - like 9 - 24 damage. When you hit craft it will fall between them. So....

--MERGED--

Here is yet another idea.

Crafting V2.0

4 x items same type feet hands 1h weapon ect...

Improved requires 1 stone of crafing.
    Magic requires 2 stones of crafting
    Extro 3...
    Legendary 4...

Your craft will not go up to the next type but remain the same type. You install the gems into the gear to used in crafting. If you get a damage stone then the outcome will be 1 line of damage. If you use 4 crit value stones on 4 legendaries then you will get 4 crit value lines in the crafted item.

Stones,will only be installed into items that can give that effect. Travel speed gems can only be installed into boot gear. If you use more or less stones then it will give you a message these items can not be combined.

Last edited by moderator: Dec 4, 2015
    misterbean likes this.
  7. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

I really really like your idea. Very simple and a very straight forward way of getting the items you want.
    But what do you think those crafting stones should cost?
    I'm thinking they should be expensive because otherwise everyone will have 4x%dmg weapons overnight for only 100 gold.

And why not have all of the ideas in this thread combined? Give us the option of what method we want to use.

Also, why not add another stone of "good luck". That stone could give you better chances for better values. Let's say you get 1% higher values with 1 stone.
    You use 10 good luck stones on an item you will craft to get 10% higher values.
    And maybe one of those stones could cost 10 gold or 30 gold ... something like that.

Or what if we got a pet from an event that gave us 5% higher values for crafted items? :D

8. taketh

taketh Regular

@MegaNuker I have seen the first idea you proposed in other games, but i don't think BP would implement it because it would eliminate the need to farm for items. 4 items per craft is potentially all you need. EDIT: This is a very good idea; if there was a fee to re-roll an enchantment, potentially more ander would be spent re-rolling than anything else in the game.

I don't fully understand your second idea. Not sure with your second idea 4 items would be needed if crafting does not convert extraordinaries into legendaries. Also, are you introducing new items that must be bought in order to craft, that being crafting stones, and then enchantment stones?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  9. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

Come on guys, we must be honest with ourselves. BP will never allow us to have control and choice on items. If we could use our skill and inventiveness in creating, BP could no longer hold in check and play at being God with us. This will never happen.
    At the end of it all you will see that in the new crafting system we can not create anything freely. This is what I learned from them in four years of play. Let's see if I'm wrong.

10. MegaNuker

Would love for it to have 2 buttons. One is Gold and other Anderment putting them next the the current craft buttons. Only the craft has an optional dialog to craft item. The rotate has no confirmation, Plus you have to have enough gold to craft to see the stats or anderment. Once the process starts it could remove the gold\anderment needed to craft. Free would be best but doubt they would give us that much power.

11. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I agree.

Currently we spend gold or ander with every craft and deal with the random over and over and over. If they eliminated the random factor, players would not be spending nearly the amount of gold and ander.

We certainly do not need adding "stones" or anything else to the system. That would be like bringing Cots back.

If I farm by butt off and find 4 rings with 4 lines of dmg each, let me keep those 4 lines of dmg in the final craft. Average it out or make the end result random, but let me keep the four lines of dmg. Same with armor or hp or whatever.

If I find 4 items with only 3 specific lines of enchantments, then the 4th line can be something totally random, I would accept that.

12. MegaNuker

They would install like gems just have to have the correct number of them. Open gems slots on improved if needed. Only need that number of gems for the 4 items. Ie for improved only 1 item needs 1 gem. Magic need 2 gems 2 in 1 item or 1 in 2 items...

13. taketh

taketh Regular

@MegaNuker I don't like your 2nd idea that much. More items getting introduced will take up inventory space. I also don't see how the randomness of values will work. Maybe the stones are a one time use only. It will also elminate the need to farm for items.

14. MegaNuker

They would be gems. You would purchase and install them into an item so you still need the 4x items.

15. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

DSO caters to people who take risks, even if it is a RPG. The adrenaline rush is exhilarating, when you gamble and win.
    But that doesn't mean we get to be junkie stupid about it.
    Give us some decent payoff schedules.

Armando, taketh and misterbean like this.
  16. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

Yes, it has to be a balance. If it's too easy to get, then everyone will have op items and it won't be fun anymore, they won't have any value.
    If it's too hard (like the current crafting system) everyone will get too frustrated with the impossible chances of getting a good craft in 1 billion trillion gazillion crafts and gold spent and nobody will craft anymore and the tool will become useless and defeat its purpose.

Give us something workable, something that if you work hard for you can get very good results

taketh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.