Feedback Crafting 2.0 – Official Statement & Feedback needed

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Mar 22, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Crafting 2.0 – Feature Preview

Workbench.jpg

For a long time, the crafting system has somehow been a “problematic child”. Before the Crystal of Truth removal it greatly hampered your direct loot experience and afterwards it became maybe too insignificant, loosing part of its attractiveness. After taking your feedback into account it was clear to us that we needed to introduce some changes to the original design in order to restore its glory and make it better.

This is what part of the design team has been doing for the last weeks and now we are in the position of showing you what are the main guidelines behind Crafting 2.0 and what to expect from it.

We are planning to launch this feature with release 164.

Objectives

The current item crafting system works as an optional loot income as the created items hold completely random enchantment types and values. As we are aware of the fact that looting items with a specific set of enchantments is very, very rare and fully based on chance, we felt the need to add a mechanic that allows you to obtain those desired items in a more reliable and sustainable way. Also, we wanted to empower you and make you feel like you are playing an important role in the creation of those items.

Apart from that, we also felt that the loot experience could be much better. As of now the majority of items you find in Dracania are not even worth to look at: they immediately end up being sold or melted. This will change with Crafting 2.0: we will add an additional layer of consideration to the items that you find but which are not better than the items you use.

Crafting 2.0 Core Design

The Crafting 2.0 will allow you to substantially influence the outcome of the crafting process by letting the ingredient items (partly) pass on their exact enchantment types and values to the created item.

The intention of the feature is not the cannibalization of direct loot drops. We also do not want every player to own perfect items within days. That’s why we will add some rules to the crafting mechanics.

Some design aspects will not change!

• We will keep the workbench
    • You will still need to combine four items in order to create a new one
    • The traditional recipes will still be available. We are referring to the following:
    • o 4 x green (Improved) -> 1 x blue (Magic)
    • o 4 x blue -> 1 x pink (Extraordinary)
    • o 4 x pink -> 1 x orange (Legendary)

What will be new?

• We will add a new recipe that allows you to combine four legendary items into a new legendary item
    • We will add a Revert functionality that will allow you to fully revert the crafting process if you are not happy with the result
    • We will further add various convenience improvements, such as a recipe book, which will improve the accessibility of the feature

The crafting process in a nutshell:

• Only items of the same item type can be combined at the same time
    • The ingredient items can have any item level. The created item will have the average item level of the four ingredient items. The values of absolute enchantments on the created item will naturally correspond to the determined item level, always
    • The amount of gem slots on the created item will equal the average amount of gem slots on the ingredient items
    • Upgraded items cannot be used (fear not, we will add the glyph removal feature in the same release)
    • Crafting will cost Gold or alternatively Andermant (unchanged)

Combining four green items (Improved) creates a blue item (Magic), that holds one randomly picked enchantment of the ingredient items + one randomly determined enchantment that can appear on the respective item type.

Combining four blue items creates a pink item (Extraordinary), that holds two randomly picked enchantments of the ingredient items + one randomly determined enchantment that can appear on the respective item type.

Combining four pink items creates an orange item (Legendary), that holds three randomly picked enchantments of the ingredient items + one randomly determined enchantment that can appear on the respective item type.

Combining four orange items creates a new orange item (Legendary), which holds four randomly picked enchantments of the ingredient items.

Community Feedback

This is now where we reach towards you for comments/feedback. Whether you play on the Stable server or not, please take the time to answer these questions and let us know – that would be great!

• Do you appreciate the new possibility to combine four orange (legendary) items into a new one?
    • Do you like the idea that the gem slot amount on the created item depends on the gem slots of the ingredient items or would you rather like a random gem slot amount on the created item?
    • Are you very much happy/unhappy with the fact of being able to just use items of the same item type?
    • Do you think the Revert functionality should cost something or should it be for free?
    • Having the upcoming changes in mind what do you think it would be a fair Gold/Andermant price for combining four extraordinary level 50 items into a legendary level 50 item?

We look forward from you!

Kind regards,

Your Drakensang Online Team

MegaNuker, ekant1992 and Armando like this.
  2. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

Could you please elaborate as to the why i would combine 4 legendaries with 4 enchantment to get another legendary with 4 enchantments? Will they increase the value of enchantments?

That's a great bonus, it will make farming for those basic ingredients a bit hard if you want to craft a perfect 4 slot legendary but if one is ready to, then with enough effort he could get a 4 slot high tier legendary.

This is not a good idea as this will cause issues for those doing dailies.We need to craft an item to do dailies some times and it will be very hard to do if this change happens.On the other hand if this actually happens than it will prevent new player from making the mistake of combining random items but in the end the drawback out weights the benefit.

It all depends on the cost of crafting, if the crafting cost are same as now i.e. nearly about 100 gold for 4 purple to a legend then a cost to revert would be needed but if you plan to increase the crafting cost to a much higher amount then you could do without the revert cost.

Well i would say no, as it would be really hard to farm 4 purple with exact 3 enchantments you need , even though this new crafting system will make it possible to craft really good legendary items, it would still take a lot of time and gold to get those perfect purple items.But you could increase by a bit say about 20-30 %

Overall i would say this time you guys are doing something really awsm :D
    Thank you for this (provided you make a system we are expecting :p)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  3. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

combining 4 legendary should gives epic item with red color and cannot be crafted..or if not happy with its stat then revert for free..cause already paid for crafting...and by the way cooper unit should be off the system and the minimum currency should be 1 silver
    as for the slot amount it should not be random because opening slots on legendary item cost a fortune....4 legendary items crafted should be random with a minimum of 3 slots and the item should be called epic(in later realease) and its melting value worth 34400 glyphs

cogix likes this.
  4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Glad this is the first question because it is at the top of my list. The current norm is frustration when crafting a legendary... the expectation is that I am going to get something to be melted or sold. Giving new life to a crafted legendary that is otherwise vendor trash would be fantastic.
    Bonus feature :) (I had not thought of this one) I have crafted so many legends in the past that the first thing my eyes key in on is the four slot result. Then I look and the stats and see the worthless stats. But as a re-craft legend this will have great possibilities.
    Perfectly happy. For items I am going to use I target craft anyway. When it comes to crafting for dailys I make a quick run thru cata/crypt to get cheap-to-craft items. Getting 4 of the same type there is not a problem.
    DUH... I am going to say free :D But being more practical I would say free up to exos but legends/re-crafting legends will require some cost (or I will be spending most of my time at the crafting bench ;))
    I actually feel the cost of exo to legend should be reduced. As previously stated the resulting item is usually worthless. Even allowing for passing on certain enchantments is no guarantee of success (making an assumption here since the word "partly" was used in the Core Design description.) The real value in the proposed system is in the revert and re-craft features. This is where the highest cost should be distributed.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

5. eedman86

eedman86 Junior Expert

Well maybe in some cases but I probably would not use it because a lot of resources are wasted.

Yes, this would be a good idea.

If you mean "item types" as in the quality (green, blue, pink and orange) then it pretty good. But if you mean it as a specific item (gloves, boots, weapon) then it could pose a problem with the daily quest. I do understand that they need to be of the same type to be able to get random enchantment of that item type on the final product.

Well it is very tempting to think about revert functionality being free but it would make it a lot easier for players to obtain an item with insane stats. A little cost ( maybe 5-10 gold? ) would make it fairer in my opinion.

Now that you mention it, I really do hope that the crafting prices remain the same (or lower).

Question:
    Will we still get the average slots from the original number of slots on the final product if we buy all the slots on the ingredients or will we get 5 slots on the new one?

6. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Questions: Will the legendaries crafted from legendaries be any different from dropped legendaries? Will their melt values, sell values, ability to be crafted again with legendaries be somehow different? (ie. Are you able to craft a legendary from 4 legendaries, then take that legendary and further craft it again with 4 legendaries?)

I guess so. Makes the workbench moderately more appealing than it is right now--a piece of decoration on the town map.

Having a shot at crafting the gem slots too is nice.

Now for another series of questions... if I were to buy gem slots on a legendary item, then use that legendary item to craft, which number of gem slots will the final product be based on? The original, or the added slots? How will the cost of opening gem slot(s) on the product be based now? Will they take into account the andermants already sunk into the item?

Don't care. Was already doing that if I wanted a specific item.

Free. (Really, I'm not sure why this was a question at all. XD)

Is 0 an ok number to pick? XD Just kidding.

4 eo into a leg... the current cost is exorbitant, but mostly because the item you're going to get is trash to be melted. With some targeted crafting permitted, I'm thinking the current price (perhaps with a 10% reduction) is actually all right.

7. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

After rubbing my 2 brain cells together I think I found a 3rd...

This has a huge potential to the way we all game. The GOOD is we are able to see what our gold delivers unto us. The BAD is there are times when what you want takes 15 tries.

This will cause us to melt items we would normal save and sell for gold quite a lot more than we do now.

What I see coming down the pipe is that people will have to pay more for gem slots. If they make the items keep the same gem slots.

This as it stands is really good and I along with so many others think it is overdue but will patiently wait.

When you craft it cost 90 gold
    45 is used in making the item
    to take it out you spend 45 gold
    to revert you spend 45 gold

If they make a gem slots the same price then I see this working.
    Example.
    A 4 gem common item the 5th slot does not cost 10 anderment it always costs 360.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    kerryowen likes this.
  8. Kingpin003

Kingpin003 Someday Author

You're actually considering making revert function free of charge? You're definitely not sane. You'll allow any player to get perfect or close to perfect items, hence closing the gap between average and high level p(l)ayers. Why did heck did i invest my time and money then when I could achieve almost the same thing with couple of hours at workbench? If your goal is to persuade people to stop paying for this game, this would definitely be great way to start.
    Obviously you're still in feeling out process, but from what I can see at this moment, anything under 100 gold for revert function is unacceptable/giving away.
    P.S.
    99% of people will advocate free revert functions because they're not spenders (ofcourse they want stuff for free when they can't afford it).
    Good job of appreciating players like me who spent thousands of euros.

9. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Maybe I'm not reading this right.

If I combine 4 leg weapon adornments each with 3 lines of crit and 1 line of dmg, do I get a new leg with 3 lines of crit and 1 dmg, or is it still random? Eg: 2 crit - 2dmg, 1 crit - 3 dmg?

Now there is no mention if these new enchantments will be better than what we start with.

The price for crafting needs to stay the same.

The price for resetting should be minimal, as we are already spending 100 gold to craft. Of course there wouldn't be a need to reset if you guys didn't purposely make everything so random.

Keeping the average gem slots is a good idea, I'm kind of surprised that DSO would consider doing something that players would like. Sadly however, I expect that if this does hit the next update, you'll figure out some way to ruin it.

EhtovK likes this.
  10. Yash786

Yash786 Forum Apprentice

Reply to questions...
    1> Yes its good to be able to combine 4 Legendary items.
    2> Gem slots IDEA is also good. We should know what are we getting.... atleast in Crafting.
    3> Same item type doesn't affect me at all. So yeah I'm happy.
    4> Its very good to be able revert back.
    5> As for prices its very very very high ATM. Before when crafting was free I spend hours farming because I know that I will get fairly good higher level item... even if its not good its free. But now I HARDLY FARM... infact its become so boring that I play a lot less compared to before.
    So as far as prices... As much as I want it to be FREE AGAIN I wouldn't mind paying 5 gold for legendary crafting. That way I can easily craft higher level items and it encourages player like me to spend time in farming again.

I would like to add BEFORE when crafting was free IT IS THE REWARD for farming as we don't get much good drops even then. Reducing crafting prices to mentioned above will actually make it DESIRABLE again and want players to farm.... Not just in parallel world but all over game... IT will make DRAKENSANG FUN AGAIN.

11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

If revert is free but each craft is 100g (or whatever it is), then you'll be limited in how many times you can craft.

But I am not clear if what they mean is craft for x gold, revert for free, craft again for x gold (thus, each craft try costs x gold, so 5 tries would be 5x gold), or if by free revert they meant to have 1 payment of x gold and as many revert and crafts you can do. I think it is the first but am not sure.

1) Appreciate the idea.
    2) I like the gemslot idea - it'll certainly create incentives to save every legendary with 4 slots and 1 monster line as a crafting recipe.
    3) I pretty much would only craft identical items anyway
    4 and 5) At level 50, Revert should be free or at most 5 or 10 gold cost and craft should be about 50g or higher to discourage excessive crafting to get perfect items. If you revert and craft again, pay more gold for each craft.

Armando likes this.
  12. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

• Yes, I like the ability to combine 4 legendaries into one.
    • I prefer the average number of gem slots rather than random. This way the player has the control of how many gem slots the item would have, so we don't have to be upset when it returns with just 2 slots after combining 4 items with 4 slots each.
    • I like the ability to use only items with same type. Gives more control to players.
    • Revert should be free. If we paid for the Crafting, then revert should be free like returning a purchased item. Why do I need to pay for returning an item?
    • I think 10 gold would be fair to combine 4 extraordinaries into one legendary and 50 gold to combine 4 legendary items into another legendary.

13. .aquaventions.

.aquaventions. Forum Apprentice

• I would appreciate combining 4 legendary items into a new legendary item.
    • I would like the gem slot amount be dependent on the gem slots of the ingredient items.
    • I would rather use ingredient items of the same item type.
    • I think the Revert functionality should be free since you still have to pay each time you use the Workbench. This will stimulate the desire and the need for farming increasing interest and time spent in the game.
    • Concerning level 50 items I would propose a price of 10 gold to combine extraordinary items and a price of 50 gold for legendary items. Although these prices may seem low based on the current level of workbench activity, overall revenue should increase greatly as the Workbench would become an integral part of advancing in the game.

14. MagicMoon89

MagicMoon89 Junior Expert

Do you appreciate the new possibility to combine four orange (legendary) items into a new one?
    • Yes, this seems like a good idea.
    Do you like the idea that the gem slot amount on the created item depends on the gem slots of the ingredient items or would you rather like a random gem slot amount on the created item?
    • This one is rather harder to answer. If you have items with great stats, but cruddy gem slots, I'd say go to random slot #, but if you have great stats and great slots I'd say create it from the ingredients. You can't have everything, though, so...
    Are you very much happy/unhappy with the fact of being able to just use items of the same item type?
    • Doesn't really matter to much to me one way or another, personally.
    Do you think the Revert functionality should cost something or should it be for free?
    • Definitely free.
    Having the upcoming changes in mind what do you think it would be a fair Gold/Andermant price for combining four extraordinary level 50 items into a legendary level 50 item?
    • I honestly don't know. I've never really been good with pricing.

15. Exormist

Exormist Forum Greenhorn

Crafting 2.0 is looking great!

There's one thing I'm no sure about though; it says that when you craft your new item will "hold X randomly picked enchantments of the ingredient items", X depending on the quality of item you craft. I don't know if this means it will copy one of the enchantment _types_ or if it will copy the enchant type and value.

For example let's say I have a 42 damage line that gets chosen by the RNG to be kept, does this mean my new item will have a random damage line, or precisely a 42 damage line?

16. Red_Jaeger

Red_Jaeger Junior Expert

• Do you appreciate the new possibility to combine four orange (legendary) items into a new one?
    Very much so, especially since the system "guarantees" that the four values will be taken from the legendary items used. It may be a little tiring, but you can eventually get legendary items with the desired stats at some point like this.

• Do you like the idea that the gem slot amount on the created item depends on the gem slots of the ingredient items or would you rather like a random gem slot amount on the created item?
    Technically speaking, it would be random anyway, unless if you happen to combine four items with the exact same number of slots. I suggest that it should be based on the number of slots of the combined items, especially if the user has paid to unlock the 5th slot on one or some of the items used.

• Are you very much happy/unhappy with the fact of being able to just use items of the same item type?
    I wouldn't go as far as to call it "very much", but I'm content. I would only use four items of the same type anyway. Besides, it does not seem that this system would work if the player would be able to mix item types anyway, the stats would be a mess.

• Do you think the Revert functionality should cost something or should it be for free?
    It should be free. Each crafting attempt costs gold/ander anyway, there is no reason to complicate things.

• Having the upcoming changes in mind what do you think it would be a fair Gold/Andermant price for combining four extraordinary level 50 items into a legendary level 50 item?
    I know that this is a specific question, but I will expand on it a little.

For extraordinary items, the cost should not be too low, but definitely much lower than what it is now. A full assortment of legendary items is pretty much necessary to high lvl players, especially in the parallel worlds. Players should not be having trouble making "first tier" legendary items so that they can progress normally. Besides, as the stats are being transferred from the extraordinary items, some of them will be low and the legendary will most likely be of low quality anyway.

For improved/magic items, the cost should be ridiculously low. No advanced player is even using such items. These are just for characters that are new and leveling up, completely useless to veteran players. The cost should be low to help the new players experiment with the workbench and allow them to create a couple of items while trying to increase their experience level.

For the four legendaries to a "second tier" legendary, I believe that the current cost of ~90 gold (or about that) is reasonable. Considering that a single legendary will most likely have one or two stats that the user will want to transfer, the probability of getting the exact item that you want is rather low. It is very likely that it will take a lot of tries and it will be very frustrating if the cost is very high.

17. kerryowen

kerryowen Forum Greenhorn

yes crafting 4 legends would be awesome, but only if you get a better item than the 4 you put in there. I have crafted way to many pinks only to be disappointed in the results and a waste of 100 gold, that took me a while to gather, only to melt it away.--------
    i think the idea of average gem slots from 4 items put in be the amount in the crafted item is good----------
    yes if you mean weopons( i.e 4 axes, 4 hammers, etc...),robes and so forth--------
    lower cost of craft if you do revert, otherwise it should be very low cost or free...cause if you dont like results you will have to pay another 100 gold to do again------
    i think the cost of 4 pinks is too high as it is because you usually end up melting the crafted item anyway and feel like you just threw away 100 gold, so i would say a fair amount be like 75 gold-------
    in summary i just want my gold to count when i craft..want my items crafted to be better than what i put in to craft..also make the four legends crafted make a higher class like a unique or relic.

18. artemisz1221

artemisz1221 Forum Apprentice

Do you appreciate the new possibility to combine four orange (legendary) items into a new one?
    Yes, if the new item will get higher values of enchantments than the ingredient items

Do you like the idea that the gem slot amount on the created item depends on the gem slots of the ingredient items or would you rather like a random gem slot amount on the created item?
    Absolutely yes

Do you think the Revert functionality should cost something or should it be for free?
    We are paying for craft, so revert should be free

Having the upcoming changes in mind what do you think it would be a fair Gold/Andermant price for combining four extraordinary level 50 items into a legendary level 50 item?
    for combining 4 pink to a leg: 100 gold
    for combining 4 leg to a new and obviously better leg: 200 gold
    Andermant? Ain't nobody crafts for andermant guys :D i think you should delete that option

19. chiuseer

chiuseer Advanced

Yes, that will be fun.

Yes,I like

Are you very much happy/unhappy with the fact of being able to just use items of the same item type?
    yes

Free, please
    There are some options that players can select .For example (1)free (2)5 gold (3) 100 good (4)1000 gold . And more gold for combining , better quality.

20. taketh

taketh Regular

I am not happy about the crafted item having an average item slots. It will mean less ingredients will be suitable for crafting. I guess the plan is to find four perfect ingredients and then craft, revert, craft, revert till you get the desired result. It would be nice if we had an option to choose if its average or random. The crafted items also pick from the ingredients randomly, so if you have 4 extraordinaries with 2 lines of increased weapon damage and 1 line of damage, you could end up with a weapon with 3 lines of damage.

Crafting 2.0 is clever from a business perspective, potentially more gold/ander will be spent crafting than on the jesters, makes crafting more useful to players and yet there is a fair amount of luck involved so it will still be fairly hard to craft ultimate gear unless you have an unlimited amount of gold/ander to keep re-rolling.

Also, have the revert function free, it just simplifies it for the player. If you dont have it free, or have the price included with the original craft, sensible players wont craft without having enough gold/ander to revert. The cost to craft an item is expensive enough.

GoddessofWar1000 likes this.