Crafting 2.0 Results

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by _Baragain_, Jun 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Dude ... we explicitly told you "you can only transfer one golden line when crafting green to blue item" ... why wasting 4 items in the process? BTW there is a "revert" button ... if you don't like the outcome you can save the first two items.

Gevilson likes this.
  2. glesia

glesia Advanced

tried it all. nothing works. so your saying to get 4 gold lines on something its randome and the gold lines appear. so dont craft the gold lines and maybe i get randome gold lines. just wanna know how to get 4 gold lines on 1 item

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Please re-read the thread then since there are a couple of posts explaining how the crafting works and how to do it efficiently.
    Regarding your remark, it's impossible from 4 gold line greens not to get a gold line blue.
    In (a few) word, the logic of crafting works as follows:

- Combine four items of the same type and rarity to an item of ONE higher rarity
    -- 4 improved = 1 magical, 4 magical = 1 extraordinary, 4 extraordinary = 1 legendary, 4 legendary = 1 legendary (back to this later)

- You can revert the result of the crafting prior to accepting it. (you can preview in the crafting screen)
    -- The revert operation only gives you the first two items back (the last two will be lost forever)
    -- Therefore it is in your best interest to optimize the first two items on the workbench.

- Never combine items of different types (in the case of DKs, this includes combining between different weapon types - say three maces and a sword)
    -- On items of different types this whole theory goes down the drain
    -- You can't revert the result in this scenario of combining different types of items

- When increasing rarity by one, your resulting item has one extra line as compared to the previous rarity. Therefore, one line is randomly rolled by the game when generating them item - you can't control the content of that line in any way!!!
    -- improved -> magical: 1 inherited line (from one of the 4 improved items), 1 random line
    Here is the reason why if you have 4 improved items (green) all with one gold line, it's impossible that your resulting blue item would not have at least one gold line.
    -- magical -> extra: 2 inherited lines (from the 8 lines on the 4 magical items), 1 random line
    -- extra -> legendary: 3 inherited lines (from the 12 lines on the 4 extra items), 1 random line

- Combining four legendaries is done because since you stuck with the same rarity, no extra line is involved - hence you have control over all lines of the resulting items (4 out of 16 lines are randomly picked).

- Optimize the items you put in the workbench as follows. Revert until you succeed to obtain the desirable result:
    -- Improved TO Magical: 1 green item with 1 gold line (always first on the workbench) + 3 random green items.
    Aim for 1 blue item with 1 gold line. Repeat until you transfer the appropriate line.
    -- Magical TO Extra: 2 blue items with 1 gold line (always first two on the workbench) + 2 random blue items
    Aim for 1 purple item with 2 gold lines.
    This starts to take a while so be patient here.Wait until you transfer both gold lines to your resulting items.
    -- Extra to legendary: 2 purple items with 2 gold lines (always first two on the workbench) + 2 random purple items
    Aim for 1 orange item with 3 gold lines.
    This takes a longer time and consumes a lot of gold. However, be persistent.
    -- Legendary to legendary: 2 orange items with 3 gold lines (always first two on the workbench) + 2 random orange items
    Aim for 1 orange item with 4 gold lines (perfect item)
    Some recommend instead of the 2 random orange items to have orange items with at least 1 gold line. Otherwise you might end up wasting a lot of resources here. But, if you have plenty of gold, you can go with random ones too.

Ultimately I think you need to go step by step. Start by trying to get a legendary item with 3 gold lines - that's do-able rather easily after you get the hang of this. After that, you can take your time to perfect it even further...
    If you will be disappointed from the beginning because you don't get a 4 gold lines item, it's like being disappointed that you are playing mode 1 in parallel world but not dropping a tier 3 unique. Patience and realistic expectations are key to enjoying this game!

Clearer now? :)
    Edit: Because I have too much time on my hands at work while the build is running, here is a picture too.
    [​IMG]
    Notice that any item with stats as those from the right are more than welcome if randomly dropped as well. I won't just throw away a blue ring with a 16% critical damage gold line just because I didn't craft it from scratch. Surprises can occur (that's how I got my second purple two handed staff for instance in the crafting I presented earlier in this thread - directly dropped with two gold lines).

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  4. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

Items with good stats go into thef irst 2 slots of the workbench.
    You have also to consider adding a legendary with 1 good stat on the 3rd and/or 4th slot, when crafting from legend to legend, to have more chances.

trakilaki and Tilwin90 like this.
  5. trakilaki

Third question:
    3. For how long the workbench will stay open without game crash or disconnection ...

6. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Wow, I heard of that happening to people. I was lucky enough for that not to occur yet to me :) *fingers crossed*
    I did mess up once by sticking an amulet instead of a ring - lost two critical % damage gold lines that way...

7. -Elizejs-

-Elizejs- Junior Expert

8. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Beautiful!

I got lucky on the random enchantment (+dmg).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    sebastian_fl, trakilaki, gun and 3 others like this.
  9. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

That is insane! Congratulations Troneck, I guess my reign time in 1v1 is over )))))))

Troneck86 likes this.
  10. esteesminombre

esteesminombre Forum Greenhorn

11. Sanguinius94

Sanguinius94 Forum Apprentice

Woauw, pretty nice ^^

Now it's me turn to show what I have now ^^

Long time to finf gold and gold lignes, but here we are:

They are me 2 extra bow for a 3x gold lignes legendary, but hard to get it, i'm so unlucky ^^

Get also 2 2x gold lignes pretty good legendary bow, but it's to hard to get 4 lignes, so i craft with magic right now.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Now some legendary who I have to get "the perfect bow"

[​IMG][​IMG]

Get another one with a 47,0% of damage, but no time to post it ^^

It's all for now guys, next should be amulet and quiver, and maybe me 3 gold lignes bow ^^

Sangui

12. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

13. AniDrakenSniper93

AniDrakenSniper93 Someday Author

[​IMG]

today.

gun and Troneck86 like this.
  14. Jakeybear

Jakeybear Forum Apprentice

Hey, currently level 49 and working on understanding crafting for when I hit 50. Can crafted results inherit lines from those of a lower tier?
    For example, can my Obsidian Amulet (picture below) be crafted with 3 Anderworld Seals and still inherit the line?

[​IMG]

Chances of the line being inherited aside, I also have a magic torso of a lower tier that I am unsure of so I am looking for an answer and I cannot find one elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

15. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

That's not a good crafting material. While the gold line can help you in obtaining a legendary to which it will be transferred, you're much better off with a "good extraordinary item" having two gold lines. Sure, if besides the first two extraordinaries having such capabilities you add this as a third or fourth expendable one, you are also good to go.
    I would wait until you are level 50 before you start crafting though. :) It's going to take a while and it's a waste to combine lower level with higher level items (it reduces the overall level of the end product).

So remember:
    - Improved/Magic: 1 gold line
    - Extraordinary: 2 gold lines
    - Legendary: 3 gold lines

Belei and Jakeybear like this.
  16. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Although Tilwin90's advice on what to use for crafting ingredients is correct the answer to your question is YES.

The downside is that if the finished item has lines that are not % values that you want to upgrade it will cost you more GoP to max those out to lvl 55.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Belei and Jakeybear like this.
  17. Jakeybear

This helps a ton, much appreciated!

---MERGED---

Got it! Thanks a lot.

---MERGED---

One more question before I stop bothering you, if I use GoP to upgrade an item to level 50 (I have a level 48 %damage torso that is a magic item) and then craft that with other level 50 items, will the crafting result also be a level 50 item?

Last edited by moderator: Jan 10, 2017
    Tilwin90 likes this.
  18. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

I don't have a definite answer, though I guess you can experiment that yourself with green items and see how it goes. But I think you would be losing your GoP. Never bothered to try that because I value GoPs too much :p
    It's a very interesting question though :)

19. Jakeybear

Ah I just tried, seems you cannot craft items that have been upgraded. I guess I will just ignore materials until I hit 50!

Tilwin90 likes this.
  20. trakilaki

You cannot craft upgraded item. http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_2.0
    You must take out the GoPs first and craft it later at its base level.
    However ... I would suggest you not to spend your gold in vain ... and craft only level 50 items(when you are level 50) ... because even one item with lower level than 50 (lets say level 49) at the workbench will result in crafting item with lower level than 50.

Belei likes this.