Feedback Curse of the Black Knights - Return of Dragan Event (Jan./2018 Edition)

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Jan 24, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Curse of the Black Knights - Return of Dragan Event.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

So i get an error and after that i have this problem:

[​IMG]

3. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

The dev team is aware of the issue. Please contact our Support Team and include Logfile and dmp file from DSOClient folder, attached to your ticket.

Cheers.

4. Haniball

Haniball Forum Apprentice

Completed dragan set t6 in 5 runs. Nice drop and good 2/3 items yellow values.

5. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

I don't know if this is said before, but maybe it's a good idea to add the pearls to the currency bag. Well it is currency, because with the red pearls you can enter certain area's with it, so you have to pay before you can enter.

In the official guide are the dates for the various challenges from 2017:

EventStartEnd
    Dragan Event15.06.2017 12:0016.07.2017 23:59
    Dragan Event Challenge 0123.06.2017 12:0026.06.2017 12:00
    Dragan Event Challenge 0230.06.2017 12:0003.07.2017 12:00
    Dragan Event Challenge 0307.07.2017 12:0010.07.2017 12:00
    Dragan Event Challenge 0413.07.2017 12:0016.07.2017 23:59
    Gnob Offer: Old Dragan Set15.06.2017 12:0021.06.2017 18:59
    Please note that the time zone is CEST UTC +2.

It would be nice if the actual dates from 2018 will be named.

6. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @jelbeat ,

This is just to mention to newer players what's Dragan Event about.
    We haven't received any official guide or changes to the Dragan Event , but there are some small changes. However, I made a quick fix to the guide.
    Cheers.

7. Nostradamus88

Nostradamus88 Active Author

Come on devs! I made about 100 runs and no helm and just one ring. Are you seriously? I wasted a lot of infernal pass and red pearl...

8. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

All in all a very playable event. I like it because there is something different to do aside from the tedious and boring PW maps. Lots of variety and playability.
    What I don't like is the drop rates. We need real world numbers on what the "significant" increase is because it seems no better than the last event.

Worse than that, is the point I have made and will make EVERY time until it is corrected is the Fistful of sweets quest. Please BP, PLEASE open this entire quest up from the start. Please? On normal you need to run each map about 25 times to complete each phase. Thats not terrible but why would you make me run the same map 25 times over before moving to the next one? I won't move from Gloomy Pastures for a couple of days because there is no point in running a map that doesn't advance my goal. But do you understand what that does to a player? You have taken a game and turned it into an exercise in time management and I get enough of that in my day job. This is a game; so please let me play it as such and have fun.

Please open the whole quest line. It won't hurt the BP bottom line, and I will do the same number of runs but I can do a different map each time. Is there difficulty in understanding this concept? Am I the only one that feels this is unnecessary?

9. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Overall its a good event.I like it...it has good rewards, the drop rates are not awfull, plenty of time to get the sets.The most important part is that you can group with players with pearls and farm dragan/widow without having to grind like crazy for those red pearls.Unlike New Moon event where after 10 runs, the event is over for you because u dont have scrolls.

I dont like that fact that you havent considered bringing back the draken drops at dragan and widow, altough we need a lot of those for the draken uniques and the augument cores.

Regarding those community challenges, i cant say that im happy about them.If im not mistaking, last time the winners of those top 50 raffles did like 3k+ kills each.This automatically disqualifies any participants from Balor or Teagan, even maybe Agathon.On these servers making 500-600 kills in 3 weeks of event is most likely impossible since there arent that many players.So its like a top 50 from Heredur/Grimmag and not from all servers who get to participate in the raffle at the end.It shouldve been top 50 from each server like it was at big hunt event if you really wanted to make things fair.

10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I don't know if we are playing the same event ... but the drops are crap :D
    In Gloomy Pastures the quest drop is 9-11 Snacks per run. That means you have to make at least 25 runs ... but wait until you get to Sulfur Desert :D ... the drop per run there is 3-4 :D :D ... that means you will have to make 80+ runs :D
    And here comes the best part ... the drop in higher difficulties is not better but rather worse. In fact in normal the drop is best ... so I have to play in Normal. But to make the things even "better"... I got 0-ZERO-Null Empowered Pearls in all difficulties :D :D
    What is the point of having difficulties and paying higher entry fee ... when in the end the drop is 0 ... how am I supposed to get Pearls to kill the bosses? :D Oh wait ... I know I should wait someone who bought them from the shop and beg to get in the group or i should buy them myself :D

About that challenge ... it may sound fair to you ... but in what way it is fair to me if someone from Balor gets first prize with 10 kills while I get nothing with 300 kills? :)

Aslandroth likes this.
  11. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

The part about the drops in Sulfur Desert is truly sad because that (for me) is the slowest, and ultimately most boring map. I've run Gloomy in the first 3 difficulties and yes, the best result was 12 on normal, so I will continue to it on normal. This represents a massive disconnect between the developers and the players because we are constantly being told "the greater the risk the greater the reward" but it is a lie. We just pay more. So I guess they mean greater reward to BP?

Either way I am still going to play, but I ain't gonna pay.

12. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

I meant the drops from Dragan/Widow.You can make the sets with ease.If you want items with gold lines u have to work harder for those indeed.Lets not forget that we had some dragan events where we had to combine 16 items to get the best one...so yes, the drops are not awfull at all if we compare it with those past events.

I know its hard.It was hard last time too, but that JoE = 227k ander so we cant really complain when we have the chance to make a royal ruby or onyx in a week or so.

Which is why ive suggested to be top 50 for every server.At least this way every server can participate.You cant really compare Heredur with Balor.You should play here for a few months and see just how easy it is to farm the required cores for each upgrade when there are max 4-5 parties in Cardhun at all time.

On Balor people dont really have the luxury of doing hundreds of dragan/widow kills a day.Keep in mind that here if u do 200-300 kills at the end of the event, you most likely farmed most of them red pearls.Its not like on heredur where u get to invite 1 player after another and do kills for them.

13. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Adding more grind by lowering the drop rate is just a sad joke on all the players. Not that I am surprised. DSO has a long habit of going out of their way to ruin things.

14. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

Didn't the main progress bar used to drop drakens or some other rewards? I warned about this when they nerfed the progress bars for the moon events but this is ridiculous. A low level player should be able to earn some kind of reward for the progress bar aside from pearls they might not be able to use, and a single pet part they might not be able to craft. What about runes or something? Drakens are always welcome too as we are forced to hoard more and more of them.

15. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Dragan event never had a progress bar at the beginning if im not mistaking.Only the last 2 events came with a progress bar (last 2 or 3 events ..not 100% sure).You can get draken and other rewards by completing the missions and opening each of those 3 chests from those 30-60-90-120 maps (the cost for entering these maps might have changed a bit and is scaled with the difficulty).

16. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Well, in fact the community challenge announcement on Facebook says "+Top 50 raffle on all servers".

--------------------

Few points about this event:
    • The candy quest is absolutely insane, you forgot Jewels of enhancement are way easier to obtain thanks to the daily deal, I'm 700% sure it's easier, more rewarding, and faster to farm the required ander to get one from the DD than completing that ridiculously long and boring quest.
    • Speaking about Daily deals, why in the world would anyone buy a useless piece of a Dragan weapon to get a T0 one as a result for that price?, also, you never said you fixed the re-rolling of the stats when crafting elemental versions, so it's a "no, thanks" for the stones as well.
    • Considering that you're giving us a more limited than ever red pearl output, it'd be nice if Dragan and the Widow at least had a guaranteed legendary, going on infernal 3 for one pink and two blue items just reinforces the perpetual joke in my forum signature.
    • It's nice to see that we get to preserve historical features on DSO, like the old, broken scaling formula I've been complaining about for years that produces insanely powerful fire monsters in the event and challenges, we all love being carbonized in one hit from them regardless of our HP and resistances, awesome.
    • I miss the "old" Castle Ravencaw's hard version, this one is as empty as heaven, so much that the respawn rate simply can't keep up, please either add back some of the other areas or fill it a bit more.
    • The correlation between the entry fee, and the quality and quantity of the returns in the event maps (Gloomy pastures, Excavation site, etc.) is laughable, everyone and their dogs are running normal only, thanks to the unappealing drop rates of gear, quest items, and red pearls in higher difficulties, it makes no sense to spend a single extra pearl or infernal fragment.
    More to come when I shake off the drowsiness of spamming chaing lightning in the normal event maps.

Aslandroth, Lazycrazy and MikeyMetro like this.
  17. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

Has anyone gotten the emote "Professor Jullov's Monster"? Its been 2 events now that we are able to get it in the first challenge but i have not heard anyone that got it from the challenge. Isnt it about time you guys that develop this game stopped it with the rng and all this. This emote is exactly like the shadow wanderer costume and the broom from the new moon event. Once those items were dropping at a good rate like it was supposed to be but suddendly these items and not only these have very low drop rate. In fact, even though i got the shadow wanderer costume and the broom from before the new moon was changed and the blossoms were discontinued, after that it took me like over 100 runs for the costume to be dropped again. No broom dropped btw ever since the changes to new moon. So, i wonder if this emote is obtainable in the same manner, 100 runs and maybe we will get it. But guess what: we are not going to run 100 times a challenge map just for an emote and nothing else? No thanks devs

18. heror

heror Forum Baron

As a player who has played all the dragan events and almost all events to ever be launched livei gotta say that there is only one solution to this crap. Since they want to milk the cash out of the player , what if the players EDIT dont play, something like a protest i dont think that the hard payers will dissagree because why pay a thousand for a single event, i mean this game right now is competing with Korean games but guess what we dont play the same games , so they are trying to make paying as a way of fast upgrading on the character but at the same time some thing take their time. Since the rel of lv 50 they are selfstabing themself by restricting the comunity....

Last edited by moderator: Jan 27, 2018
  19. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

At the previous event it was top 50 on all servers combined and not top 50 for every server if im not mistaking.Maybe one admin could tell us exactly if its for all servers combined or top 50 for each server.

20. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

True, but remember they changed this in the Big Game Hunt event due to player's feedback, for me it wouldn't make sense that they made it one for all servers since Tegan, Agathon, and Balor would stand almost zero chance of ever winning anything, we'll see I guess, hope they make it clear soon for the players on smaller servers to adjust their expectations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.