Feedback Curse of the Black Knights - Return of Dragan

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Feb 21, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I test drops before making guides ;)
    I have gotten several rom them.

You can't see them because they turned the drop OFF!!!!!
    I am playing entire day and I got 0 ZERO NADA Empowered Pearls from any source except amphoras.
    Half the people I know on Grimmag server have got ... exactly the same ZERO amount entire day.

Elégedetlenkedő and FAALHAAS like this.
  2. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Commissioner

I believe you've tested it on test server, but on live server its seems zero as you seem to have found out aswell :)

Thanks for the wiki-quide tho! I was really dissapointed at first with event, but mostly cus i just didnt understand what was going on. So without the guide i would have gone mad hehe

3. Theusen

Theusen Padavan

LoL Nope they havent! Not at all! Lemme help U again, U poor bevildered soul: The drop is there! VERY existant and very often actually! I would guesstimate the droprate is 10-15% from the chests inside and outside of the cornermaps!

Still need more help? -try being in a grp when opening the chest! =o)))

Just like the event ess dont drop when Ur not in a grp, so does the red pearls! XDDD

-Ur welcome!

--- MERGED ---

Incorrect! The red pearl does NOT drop from any of the minis mentioned! The droprate from amphoraes (cursed and golden festive has the best chances) are VERY low, but possible, and chests? yep! but U need 2 be in a group when U open chests!
    Trakilaki why do U give people so WRONG info??? -just cuz something happened 2 U on the testserver does not mean it will happend on liveservers! U should know better by now!

Last edited by moderator: Feb 23, 2020
  4. trakilaki

[content removed]

I have been getting pearls both solo and grouped ... but not until I made that post. In fact I am playing in group entire day.
    You should also go back in school and learn to read. GRIMMAG Server is the keyword ... I am playing on Grimmag, you are not.
    My info is based on what I have seen and got. What is your info based on? Data mining?
    I got pearls from the black knights.
    Stupidest statement made on internet ever.
    Anyone can get pearls from chests playing solo.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 23, 2020
    Elégedetlenkedő likes this.
  5. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

Me too - all day no drop at all, and I've been playing for longer than I care to admit :rolleyes:
    Nothing from relic chests from maps, nothing from amphoras in i4, nothing all day. Super frustrating.

Also, people I've been playing with got nothing too, all day. So I've been asking people from my friend list too - nothing. From everyone I talked to: 1 person got it from relic chest and 1 person dropped it from amphora today.

I mean - if we can't have some quest to get red pearls, they should at least drop every once in a while -.-

6. FAALHAAS

Can confim that. Finished event solo, not 1 second in group. Didnt get many pearls from chest, but I certainly got them. Best bet are still amphoras tho.

trakilaki likes this.
  7. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

So they were supposed to drop red pearls, however they removed the drop from them.
    Because i killed over 200 knights and i have yet to see them drop the red pearls.

I only got the pearls from the chests, from daily quests and from the progress bars and from 1 key amphoras.
    That's the only sources of red pearls.

Why are they making red pearls drop so low and with a few sources?

Anyway, drop rates for costumes is bad as well and also spawn rates for the special units members.

Elégedetlenkedő and trakilaki like this.
  8. gbit

gbit Forum General

Yes, same for me. And if I can say it, best bet are 5 keys amphoras.

trakilaki and FAALHAAS like this.
  9. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

We have one actually - Re: 2k/80/5 :D

Also finished event solo and can confirm pearls from chests too (except solidarity one or however is called - haven't seen any XD).

But biggest source of ECP were amphoras - both cursed and regular.

trakilaki likes this.
  10. finas321

finas321 Forum Apprentice

so how do we get jewel of rage?

11. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

We don't. Why are you even asking? It is not in this event and it has never been.

trakilaki likes this.
  12. finas321

finas321 Forum Apprentice

because usually when dragan's event comes it usually had the jewel of rage

13. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

You're showing off your noobness here.

The jewel of rage has never ever had anything to do with dragan, nor with his event.
    Back when it was attainable it was a reward from the Defeat the Undefeatables event as a progress bar reward. It was even possible to combine 3 of them together to created an upgraded "timeless" version. However, it has been proven that version had never been "timeless": on the contrary, it was actually timed, as it was stolen in the GTS2: GTJ (Grand Theft Sapphires 2: Grand Theft Jewels), being converted just to a single new jewel of rage. I repeat, the whole thing
    in dragan's event and has nothing to do with it.

...and it is enough to unlock a first (actually, second) farming map. If you lost it somehow (eg. by going as a donor for dragan), you can always join a group that is unlocking those maps. In fact, people should unlock those maps in group in the first place to save pearls. Don't say you haven't been warned: not just Trak, but the devs themselves have warned us this time in the patchnotes.

Welp... this game has "multiplayer" in its genre name. It is supposed to be multiplayer in most, if not all, aspects. If you choose to go solo - it's your problem. If you're on a less populated server... the following doesn't hold water:
    What would it have to do with server population? Therefore, I'm assuming your server is populated enough. It's your choice not to get in groups then. Your life is harder. I know, there are two solo-only maps in this event... they're not solo however because the game is supposed to be solo-focused, but because the devs didn't know how to balance such a map for a group. They admitted it themselves.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    trakilaki and sargon234 like this.
  14. sanket

sanket Forum Apprentice

I got the report after a dozen of rounds from one of the 4 serpent mini boss, so ... keep going and .. good luck!

gbit likes this.
  15. trakilaki

Think about it.
    What is the purpose of a quest that rewards you 3x Empowered Cursed Pear if you have to spend 5. There is no logic in that. There would be logic if the quest was providing a different kind of reward but there is no logic as it is now.
    That is why the quest is Repeatable and the logic behind it is to farm those knights. Killing 80 knights is not a joke, that is 20 full runs in Castle Ravencaw ... so the logic behind the quest is to tell you farm those knights and with estimate of 5-7 pearls you get by that time you will be rewarded extra 3x pearls. If it wasn't for the pearls what is their purpose on the map anyway? Any champion monster has a better drop than those knights.
    IF ... the knights are not dropping Empowered Pearls that has to be a bug and needs to be fixed right away.
    I disagree with it. Game designers (not DSO game designers) are aware that huge portion of the players are playing MMOs solo and that is OK. Even they, themselves admit they are playing MMOs solo.

Let me just quote one of the comments there that I agree with 100%

ΣMiwel, rcch, sargon234 and 2 others like this.
  16. FAALHAAS

I never go groups either. Yeaaaars ago I used to, but those people all quit and never been able to find new nice people. Every now 'n then I try a group with events, but there too many people that are just scum....example: last time i tried group-play was with winter event and every group i tried (about 7 different groups) all didnt use any essence at Big Paws and since i simply focus on killing, I never notice theyre not using essence till i saw my essence amount when boss hp was 3\4 down. So result is; I use 4-5x more essence when solo and also takes allot more time.

Or I die and the entire group is like; no revive stone sorry sorry (like yeah right...they drop like rain)

So Im happy i was able to go into great hall and solo this event with ease.

17. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

I like the event, so I have little to write!

Let's just say it had to be divided into two parts, one finishing the missions and the other in my case farming in the great hall!

The new challenges in the maps: "Black Knigths' Battleground - Great Hall", they are fun.

The chests to open with the different classes in the 4 maps, are positive news.

The group game at the moment I find it broken like the pvp and not comment!

DreamWill and Marsicanus like this.
  18. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

Great event with excellent rewards, good team play and finally the first solo challenges. It is probably the best event ever.
    I hope they introduce challenges in solo in other events too because in this way they satisfy the whole range of users.
    The only mistake is that there are no red pearls and it is not possible to kill The Spider Widow immediately as last year.

DreamWill likes this.
  19. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

I like a lot this version of Dragan. It is one of the best, since the very first Dragan Event and that where Gnob stole the colors.

Positive things:
    - Two bars accessible for everyone, easy and quick.
    - Lots of amphora keys for free.
    - Chest rewards are very good.
    - You can drop the 2 Dragan sets, plus Dragan pet at exo quality in your first run.
    - Lots of armor and damage runes for free at GH.
    - Good amount of Draken and Anders.
    - You can farm T8 items without needing infernal passages.
    - Easy for solo and group playing.
    - The new Amulet.

Negative:
    - If you didn't get the scroll from Rocketmen event, you're gonna have hard time trying to find it from amphora and/or Dragan.
    - Those hidden maps are boring as hell, except Ghastly Grave.

ΣMiwel and 1vanka like this.
  20. Raichu007

Raichu007 Someday Author

Is there a fast way of obtaining the elemental charged cursed pearls (second progress bar) that I am missing, or is the droprate really this bad? I did 2 full runs in the Sulphur Desert and I have 20 progress.

Edit 1: Got this on my third run from the second chest, did I get lucky?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.