Dailybuild_1071 & 1076

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by trakilaki, Jun 5, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

As a dk?
    Because I am certain I said sw and ranger is much easier as 1h than a dk.
    Let me explain yet again.
    As a 1h dk you are right at the boss <- for example Bearach, you pick up that he going to use bees too late and youre dead <- pre r214 fatal i1 and up.
    Quickly imagine the desert beetle healing 80k per second and you do 100k smashes.
    Its also like blizzardman said and he is a ranger, he has 30k fire resist and grimmag deals him 70k damage with his destruction beam.
    So exactly how long will it take me to attain 30k resist if I have 7k on my dk on Heredur atm and 19k on my dk on agathon atm?
    Presumably you have a guild, I suggest you make a dk, it should take you about 2 weeks to lvl55 then go at any dungeon with that new dk build.
    Any dungeon of your choice, go ahead do it, feel how hard it is solo, then come tell me how easy the game is and will be.
    However once youre done doing that, I hope you realize that destroying the only melee class in the game will be like destroying the game itself, because correct me if I am wrong but any arpg has atleast 1 melee class
    (there is a game where a dk type buld can main hand a 2h weapon but he suffers a 25% lower damage for it)

2. heror

heror Forum Baron

Im speaking in past tense , i dont know how it will be in the next update .
    Second. If u are on 1h as a dk being ner the boss SHOULDNT matter , u ahve block, u have healing skills , if not is better becaus u can take on the hits and then continue spamming smash. We will see how things will change tho, im sure they will change smt in the base values.

3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

ironic....

dwarf could save others from using q8 set, but not himself

Anyway, is it confirmed that debuffs will now work on bosses?Because i have materi frags and i wanna try to buy the weapon adornment of sigrismarr

4. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

Well, maybe they have an offensive advantage, but Dk always will have deffensive advantage... I mean, that's the point on being DK or some other class. You expect or you wish to have the same offensive potential but what about deffensive potential then? Should a ranger have the same deffensive potential? No.
    About mages... they shouldn't neither, but they have infinite guardian, so permanently a personal tank for all bosses... Bah, surpassing ridicule, let's hope devs realize this things some day... if they find the 'brain ON' button.
    You shouldn't want the same damage as other classes just like the other classes don't pretend to have the same defenses that you have (obviating the superbuffed mages with their permasingu/permaguardian).

5. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

damage = killing faster and dying less
    also heror suspect they might change base values, if they do do that then they will do it for all classes
    anyways, pre r214 my dk on agathon was dying a lot with dmg tank setup vs i1 pw bosses
    EDIT:
    update on those needed stats for infernals:
    Courtesy Sas Richard:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  6. MaxDisappointed

This make sense in ranged class when a boss can kill you with 2 hits, but this is not the case of DKs resisting more than enough hits while regenering and using shields, etc. That's why a ranged class needs more damage than a DK.
    I have to dodge continuously the attacks while a DK can tank it, so while a DK endure the hits and attack at same time I have to attack in distance, dodge, positioning and attack again, so more damage needed to compensate that.
    Let's see how it finish, anyways our posts here are not listened for sure, we have to wait for the release and complain in the thread of the release to wait hotfixes.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  7. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

we wont need it and I forgot something, I will type it in bold so that all can see it.
    They did mention they will rework the scaling dungeon sets based on resistances example Sigris world will have ice resistances.
    And of course expect the sewers set to be somewhat more armor and resist orientated and of course the Sargon set if it happens ever or ever arrive will become the new meta.

8. heror

heror Forum Baron

the guard scales of with your hp, i dont know on what kind of things u are on but on inf 4 my guard still gets oneshoted , thus not being able to permaspam it . Any more nonsense to spam ?

@Phyrix either way if the bonuses of the sets from scal dungs is the same , they will still be junk.
    Lets hope they dont gut the drop there , so they dont take my reason to play

9. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

and for this reason pw seems less rewarding while in them, to be more exact the pw dungeons feel kinda barren, both drop wise and mob wise :/
    EDIT:
    Bye bye 2 hand dks

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  10. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Well looks like mages (guardians with magma shield) will be tanks now since 800k hp tank isnt enough and died multiple times xD

What a joke.

Hey BP, feedback. Learn the "horizontal progression" term.

Your 4x golden/platinum crafted items broke PvE.
    Your pristine core crafting broke PvE even more.
    Your q7 broke PvE even more.
    Your cooldown reduction slapped everywhere (runes, skills, sets) broke PvE even more.
    Your laziness - literally no PvE content added since q9 and that was 2 years ago - is a cherry on top of the cake.

This is your "more challenging PvE"? This is a joke not a challenge - that's another "vertical progression" step.

- More spawned trash monsters
    - Insane numbers required (armor, resistances, block, crit)
    - Blocking buffs (which mind you, you added)
    - Inflating monsters/bosses hp

[​IMG]
    And that's one hit from Heredur's dual strike.

[​IMG]
    That's about 90% of death knight's hp.

How about challenging mechanics for a change?
    More trash monsters or more OHKO are not challenges - this is artificial difficulty. Difficulty requires thinking - skills positioning, character positioning, groupping if necessary or spreading around the boss room, using summons at the appropriate time, getting a particular buff from the boss encounter, cleansing barticular debuff during boss encounter, pre planning group (for example 2 tanks, 3 dps cause one tank will tank this and other tank will tank something else) - that's challenging not slapping 1 more 0 at the end of required armor/res/block/crit for 80% or another 0 at the end of boss' hp.

Is this really everything you could afford? Sad but at the same time kind of obvious - everything you're doing since a year or two is outsourcing.

Recycled events, patches with content on old maps. Where's the big "parallel world content expansion" that you promised to release in late 2018/early 2019? Where's q10 (mind you, recycled maps, recycled boss encounter, recycled unique items) that was announced as "coming soon" in summer 2017? Where's the guild pvp you promised in 2013, 2015 and 2016? Where's the q6 quest, merchant and mortis' set promised over a year ago? Well merchant wont make it live since you removed all of them BEFORE adding it to the game as you promised ( :D:D:D ).

That's my feedback. But who cares, rite? Clearly not you, "devs".

trakilaki likes this.
  11. heror

heror Forum Baron

Ye im 100% sure the 200k life gueard will tank Heredur that hits for 210k per hit . Yep , no sarcasm intended. Even tho to have 200k hp guard u need 100k hp mage , which ye... kinda hard if u ask me, especially in the new patch.
    Bearach's strongest atack - the lightning dealt 340k non crit, while the tank ahs 600k hp and yet he recovered it insanely fast. And i dont count the bees , even on the 219 patch they OHKO tanks if the tank doesnt block - same case in the video
    Artificial difficulty exists in all games. Endgame bosses need OHKO moves, that u must dudge no matter the class. There are countless examples of this. And this is where you "challenging mechanic: comes in play = to dodge the atack and not staying in it like a lazy DK.
    What u say contradicts with what it actually is , altough i can agroo for most of the stuff

@Phyrix from what is saw mortis will still be a pain , but Hereudr , hell ima permabreak his armor and nuke him. I dont see problem with some of the bosses.

12. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

G U A R D I A N S - W I T H - M A G M A - S H I E L D.
    Yeah, it does. But only as a PART of progression curve not its entirety.
    There's a difference when your "dungeon" includes 5 bosses and 1 out of 5 bosses is just a "stat check" and when your "dungeon" includes 1 boss (like most of the dungeons available) and every single boss is just "dodge, spam your 2-3 abilities until boss dies".
    I can understand one or two bosses having OHKO mechanics (for example morti's 1000 souls) but in DSO most of the skills will OHKO. This is just lazy design. Tanks are meant to tank - soak up bosses damage like a sponge. Obviously some long cooldowns should be "dodge or suffer the consequences".

Also "dodging" is just a part of a challenging encounter not its entirety. There's much more depth to challenging encounters than playing "bullet hell".
    What you say have no sense cause you have no clue what I was talking about.[/QUOTE]

MaxDisappointed likes this.
  13. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

How's that challenging? You could smash your head agains a keyboard over and over and kill the boss eventually.
    Spamming 2-3 skills over and over and dodging OHKO isnt challenging at all especially if every single boss is following the same design (aka dodge and spam your highest dmg abilities).

14. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Neither of these are a challenge. One encounter is just simply quick another one is unnecessarily stretched to make you waste time while boss is soaking all the damage and you're playing dodge ball.

Is really doing the same stuff you're doing NOW just few times slower a challenge? For me the answer is not - that's just slowing farm so you get less drops (cubes, gems, you name it) in the same unit of time.
    Sorry but no. They are taking way too many "first steps" or add/change stuff as "temporary" and then leave it as it is just to take "first step" in another direction.

This simply looks like they have no clear vision about the game and they are walking blind while praying not to bump into issues on their way.

"Frist step" class balancing
    "Frist step" PvP balancing
    "Frist step" PvE balancing
    "Frist step" item balancing

And everything is left there to rot, unfinished, broken, unfun.
    Focus on one thing, perfect it, move to the another problematic territory, rinse and repeat.

trakilaki and MaxDisappointed like this.
  15. MaxDisappointed

Of course, because I imagine that you buy andermants to do every day in every moment Inf4, right? You do not farm infernal 3 where the guardian holds too much, and to top it off with the infinite singu bug when the guardian dies, you can put the next, entering a chain of infinite abilities where you can stand still on one of your two singus (MC bug) and kill a boss while you scratch your nose, spamming more FS than EA can do a ranger with the q7 set and having 9 seconds of damage increased if using q7 plus the effect of a double infinite singu and permanent personal tank at your disposal.
    It's funny how you try to lie or you forget aspects of the game to try convince others that guardian is not permanent, etc.
    Do you think we all are blind? Do you think I don't play with mages and see they use more FS in a row than EA with bonus set? Do you think I don't see guardian one after another?

trakilaki likes this.
  16. etnave

etnave Forum Greenhorn

@.RakshaRanja. as much as I agree with literally everything you have said here, I honestly don't think the game can change into the way you(and also me) would want it to be. The game has been so extremely simple for the past few year, people have actually forgoten how it feels to clear a sargon map for 40 minutes and use 8 thunderstrikes to kill a simple goblin.
    Nowdays people just don't want the game to be a challenge i think. Just complete a map in 3 minutes, kill khalys before she heals, optimaly not having to move while at it, and repeat that for the entirety of the pve season.

Everyone that played WoW or idk, Neverwinter would tell you, clearing a dungeon for 30 minutes with a chance for a insane reward is just better than this since you have satisfaction from clearing the dungeon by itself.
    While playing these games landing a crucial hit or cleansing a crucial cc just makes you feel good. In dso my hand just hurts after a 2 hour farm with my 3.64 speed mage and I don't feel any progress if all my crafts fail.

.RakshaRanja. likes this.
  17. MaxDisappointed

Yeah, cool, I agree. But this game was never meant for that, and if you think about it... what's the "insane reward" on DSO? A mount? An unique item? This game was ever simple. I would farm a map of enormous dimensions and high difficulty if there were trully a decent chance to get something special.
    In this game there is nothing that special, it's absurd to challenge players do something that ain't going to be rewarded, players will just complain, because here drops are crap and content is also crap.

18. heror

heror Forum Baron

i assume u havent played at lvs 40 and 45 , the game was litterary that. If they make the drop from the boss like 50% more im up to play with groups. and it will be kinda nostalgic and cool.

Also i appreciate the bold magma shield but we have it once ever 90 seconds , ye not 1 not 5 not 10 or 30 but 90 , once a fight

@MaxDisappointed so u can have and upgrade which can give u a free return of the q7 spam but i cant return my cooldowns because in your opinion Mind controld is a bug but also singularity is a bug . While dwarfs get 7 seconds return per second , while DKs also have a cooldown return ? Ye i know u liked it a year ago when we didnt have these and it was uber unrewarding to play mage. While i was throwing 3 sphere and u were spamming mindlessly 500% armor breaking skills. This is bias , straight up bias.
    And its bias because the reason i can throw my atacks is a mana buff which U CAN ALSO USE. ye think about it . Maybe if u invest in concentration and cost reduction u can do the same , but oh wait your skill will deal more dmg and will have armor break . And before u spit nonsense how i dont ahve investion , i have khalys pauldrons with q1 robe with 15% cost reduction in gloves.
    Wow and guess what next patch ill have to throw my singu at the boss to armorbreak him , while u perma armor break him from 10 miles away , while still havinga chance to return your cooldown while i wont .. PERMANENT GUARD BTW

Why do i need a personal tank , hmm good question ? Maybe because our lightning is a ground target and can be missed unlike a projectile which damages t he first thing on its path. Same goes foe ice sphere if u dont aim the explosion on the said enemy u wont get the damage unlike u guess it a projectile arrow taht hits the target no matter if its 1 meter away or 5 . And since before u were saying how much EA needed to be aimed , no it doesnt u just throw it in a line there is no aim. U dont aim a line. But an atack that must fly to the exact cordination then explode and if the target goes a ;ittle closer u loose the dmg while u dont.

@etnave if u dont like the changes , make a suggestion , with good pros and cons, with things that benefit not only u but other players aswell. speaking how u dont like smt because u expect smt else doesnt help anybody. If u cant make a better upgrade then dont even bother to write it in the forum unless its something like a minor number tweak or bug and etc

19. MaxDisappointed

It is a fact, not my opinion.
    Are you comparing 2 sec for ranger with 9 sec for mage of damage increased?
    Are you comparing 100 more mana with 100 more concentration? You know concentration costs are higher? You know that for a mage doing 2 basic shots is recovering 50 mana? You know ranger don't recover concentration by shooting so the concentration buff means
    1 more EA! while for the mage is quite more efficient?
    You ever could, by using singu and waiting the correspondant cd on it to use it again, not permanent (bug).

Ranger is set dependant to deal decent damage while mage is not dependant of equipment to deal big damage due to their skills and also bugs, can you notice the difference? Ranger is the only class that can't recover resource with attacks, that's a disvantatge, and a huge one when the skills have a high cost, 50 on FS and 66 on EA, for example.
    Basic-basic-FS-basic-basic-FS... Compared to EA-basic-EA-basic-basic-basic-basic-basic-basic-EA...
    Try a ranger without q7 and see the difference with a mage without q7 neither. The only thing you say is: "buff q7 buff q7 buff q7 don't complain you have buff q7"
    I'm talking about classes and you talk about sets when you refer to ranger xD
    A class that needs q7 set to camouflage the crap class that actually is, plenty of harmful bugs not being solved and unbalances on numbers and possibilities.
    Mage description on bosses (not set dependant ;)): 0 cd, infinite mana, perma-damage increased, perma-breaking armor, perma-tank (guardian). Easy path.

20. heror

heror Forum Baron

What 50 mana ? ok ? 5mana PER HIT , 10mana PER ICE SPHERE . 50 ?

Yes im comparing the 2second set that gives u my 100 mana buff for free.

COncentration cost is highr and so is the dmg , but u have armor breal

If u dont want me to compare the sets , then start using your melle atacks.

Ok explain just 1 thing since u spam it left and right :

IF next patch i ahte to throw my singularity on top of the boss for armor break, do u think i will STAY near the boss for 1 shot ?
    So tell me how am iu going to return my cooldowns while the singularity is on the boss.....
    Ill have to choose next patch either more dmg on the boss or more cooldown reduction while u get both and u still speak of mages being op, meanwhile im seing rangers that keep up with me and have q7 on a 3 second cooldown with 2 second active time........ making the 150% permanent on boss = me using the q7 9 seconds , and while i throw 360% dmg skills he throws 500% skill...
    The game is sets , if u want to play with no sets go for it i wont stop u. But if u want to be strong and efficient while using smt that aint an endgame iteme u dont have any right to ask for changes ? U have problems with the class and they gave u set to spam , we didnt have but we needed a skill upgrade and so q4 and q7 were born for the sake of having sets. Rangers didnt ahve a problem lv 45 and 50 wanna know why ? because noone used q7, and he was balanced around that set on lv 55 while the SW wasnt , and not being balanced around a set is the right way.

You want the squisheir class , that needs more range and the boss in 1 place ( so much setup) to be weaker or at best equal.....But the problem is , you either BREAK the ranger to make him not set dependent or u make him set dependent. If u have any idea how to change him/ buff so that q7 users dont become broken im up for it and im expecting your answer but if u suggest smt like return of concentration on green arrow , no that will buff q7 users unnecessarily. So be careful when u present your ideas in the next post. Which im expecting with suggestions for a change for patch 220 or further.