Feedback Dark Dwarf Heist 2.0

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Sep 23, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding the Dark Dwarf Heist 2.0 event.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Obviously a cut and paste error. Same for the 3rd "Enhancement" box listed midway through the 2nd challenge. Its not there.

MegaNuker likes this.
  3. Durrendal

Durrendal Padavan

Pickaxe drop rate id just terrible. can't even open 30% of geodes in a map due to the droprate.

4. Excalibur1974

Excalibur1974 Junior Expert

Event progression is too slow.
    5000 pure viscanium to finish? Sorry, i have a life.
    Too short time to prepare for minichallenge, or too low drop of Lowering Contraption Burners.

Always the same concepts: BP is requiring too much effort and time to do anything in the game.

Hannai likes this.
  5. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

With a good team I should finish the main event in about 20 hours of play. Over 10 days, that's only 2 hours of play a day, do-able when considered by itself.

The mini event will compete with that, but burners will still need to be harvested to get to the harbor.
    The problem of burnout is eating up the players. The map is certainly boring, despite the skeleton's quests, and the boss troll that was added. More grind-fest, for those that are interested. An assortment of glitches and lag issues don't help any.

Why is it, that so many people are lost and confused when the start out?

Business as usual.

--------
    For the first mini event, Challenge #1:
    Several found it better than the previous version. No poison, easier mobs, the roaming boss monsters break up the monotony. One said it was "cool."

I do wish DSO would add some light to the map. It's just too dark, we kept running into walls and other obstacles. I ran right by the sarcophagus, couldn't see it.
    They could arm us with big torches: Main hand, 1500 damage, + 50% for each of 4 seconds. We could throw it for additional meteor effect, 1000 each to 3 meter circle. Or whatever works. (2 handed for 300% base damage, etc.) :):):)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Kiwigal1244 and Hannai like this.
  6. wizzo90

wizzo90 Junior Expert

I actually like it. Please dont hate me for liking something.

The map looks nice and the habor has a monotone, industrial look. I would say both maps look good to me.
    With 2 mini events the farming is doable, yet strangely everyone seems to moan even more. Maybe its the season. Also andermant drops nicely and legendary items as well as unique chances are good.

Only negative remarks are the fire champion troll monsters and one robot boss on the habor map. Please keep in mind that DKs are supposed to get hit sometimes, especially in groups. That habor robot boss one shhot kills me. Nothing unusal you might think. A lot of players die fast. But in this case the bullet hits me witch 8k hp, 5k armor and 2k res, yet the afterburn kills me before I can open my inventory. Dragon skin does nothing and res dont seem to have an effect.

Bug, mistake, purpose, I do not know but melee class feels more and more like the only nameles supporting actor in a 80s war movie. We all know whos going down first to underline the danger for the rest of the team.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Dragenstein likes this.
  7. Hannai

Hannai Someday Author

Yeah, I had a few runs at it to help a few guildies out and to see what had changed.. see the grind is the same so meh.. couldn't be bothered! The new bosses were kinda funny ... more because of all the WTFs in chat! That did make me laugh, would be more enticing if they dropped something good.. but they don't so we just ran past them! Seems more like they are there to suprise kill and take 40 ander off your account. Like all other events.. YAWN. People have lives to live! Well some of us! ;p

8. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Hurried through and finished the first challenge today and ugh... if not for the presence of champion monsters and actually eventing in a group, I probably could sleep my way through the maps and still come out just fine.

The prizes are pretty unrewarding for people who've run the main event before. If not for the presence of these challenge rewards, I probably would've just skipped out after getting a few lockpicks.

Kind of funny that this event lets us farm amphorae keys. I can only recall 2 events where I actually tried to use up these keys because there was something I wanted from the amphoraes. There's literally nothing good from the amphoraes from this event if I remember correctly from the previous one. Maybe it's time to revisit the drops from amphorae and festive amphoraes. In the meantime though, I'll continue hoarding because it's just what I do.

Good work with not neglecting the achievements. Thanks for the new achievements. :3

9. Zamvel7

Zamvel7 Active Author

for me this is the first time I do Dark Dwarf heist event, and I regret not having 3 jester gems by now,

Anyway, the champ monsters are a huge upgrade to the events (from my point of view), they are so exciting since it's something new and different in events, and also they are random.
    ----

We all know dso is about farm, till your fingers merge with your computer, and of course I am after the jester gem so I dont really care about the main event, I'll go after the 300 burners or maybe the 2nd leg, after that all I'll focus on the 2nd challenge; which according to my math you will need 1700 burners to start it and not worry about running out of burners while doing it, but of course it would be necessary that every time you enter a new normal map, you kill the 3 bosses.

here is my math

if for challenge 1 I started with 585 and ended with 221
    what I really needed was 585-221= 364 but since we need a round number ,let's say 400 burners
    so 400burners is to 810 viscanium (v)
    and for challenge 2 we need 3405v (if you want both gems of course)

ok then :

400b---810v
    x-----3405v

1681.5 burners, again it this number should go up to 1700 burners

I may be wrong since I havent paid attention to the correct drops of burners coming from the 3 bosses in normal map, and also from the bosses in the challenge.

Anyway have fun, and remember we have 10 days left, breath uffff

10. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Glad they added the two new 10 pointer achievments for the skelly quests. The other ones are repeats of the last event and don't add anything if you already got them. Guess there's no love for peeps willing to do the event a second time.

Dragan event should be coming next or at least soon. That was a useful "burn a key" event. Finished with main progress bar so should be able to do a nice stock on keys in the process of grabbing more burners and entry maps for next time.

I'll avoid any kind of critique or suggestion since it would be easier to just put a link to the last several Heist and Viscanium event feedbacks. But they already got those...right? The dislikes in the event are the same every time and have not changed or been addressed so I won't waste their time.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  11. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

Mud, the Viscanium Miner, must be placed in the Viscanium Mine! :mad: To many times i must enter the Mine just for one or couple of Longhelms to finish the task. This is my crucial annotation about this event.
    Also, it vould be nice to defeat the Jullov every time we enter the Mine.

Overall, not bad event, exept the awards on progress bar. I dont need half of it.

Cheerio

12. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Take 1 of feed back one day of challenge 1.

What I like is the flow of the mobs. The difficulty seems just right for my level and everything seems well placed. There is a required rushing with this event and that is fine it would not be challenging with out it. The rewards are far enough Ot so far it does not seem like you get something Everytime you turn around. The progress bar is well put and there are ways to speed it up with the 200 to 10 progress. I have found I had over 2 full stacks of impure and I traded a full stack for 50 progress. A welcome change from last time is the burner bosses spawn every time. THANK-YOU DSO

Cons.

Only a small tiff is the lack of info about the usefulness of the coins.

13. Zamvel7

Zamvel7 Active Author

ok I am here again,

well maybe the longhelms are having their lunch time :D

and if we find jullov everysingle time, from the devs point of view, jullov should give us less picks or maybe the same, but the drops from the geodes would be worse.

i am not saying it wont be awesome to find jullov everysingle time we enter the map, but not all the things are pink in this world, specially not in dso world.

and the progress bar...well I think we are running 2 events at the same time, of course we are, that's why they called them mini events or challenges.... so my suggestion is to focus either on the challenges (my choice) or the main event while both are running.

:)

14. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Maybe they should have achievements for opening amphoraes and festive amphoraes? :p

15. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

too bad the rewards r the same as the last event,a diff costume doesn't do it for me to play event again.
    if the events stay the same then change all the rewards.
    then the new ppl will say ,oh cool where did u get that?.
    now i have a mount and a pet that everyone can get everytime this event happens. :(

16. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

Just today i have a annoying leeks of Longhelms two times. First i need one and second two Longhelms. Not to mention a situations of approximatelly five Longhelms for finishing.

Jullov is not necessary any more if they put Mud in the Mine.

Maybe the progress bar could be designed different, like a sort of drop meny where i can pick between a few prices.

17. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Great event. I am enjoying it!
    The champion monsters are a great addition. They keep the otherwise monotonous runs different and interesting.

18. Archer87

Archer87 Forum Greenhorn

Great event but very wearing...

_Baragain_ likes this.
  19. Zamvel7

Zamvel7 Active Author

@ViktorG75
    To be honest farming for maps is not that hard... if you are not opening more geodes than the picaxes you have in your inventory, i suggest always save 15 at min (a wonderful sw told me that too and it's working for me, actually after a while somehow there are 200 picaxes in my inventory)

-----
    I must say the following is not my idea but I havent seen it here in this feedback-; the challenges are quite something and the rewards are awesome (i wouldnt say the same from the main event) but speaking with one friend, we noticed there is one big problem with the challenges and it's that there is just a short time to complete them, and even worse the starting date is fixed and of course the end hour too.

What if everyone could choose their own starting hour, between the time the main event is running of course, I have heard ppl who is dissapointed or pissed since they couldnt be earlier to complete the challenges, work, life, trips, they are plenty of reasons.

This is a friend's idea, once we choose or enter the challenge map for the first time, the challenge starts counting down the 2 days, so it would be totally up to us if we do or dont finish it.

thanks for reading:D

20. ElveElve

ElveElve Someday Author

The drops from the event in the parallel worlds are overriding andermant drops. I am running Q3 over and over and the drops for andermant, cubes etc. are almost non-existent. My guildmates and friends are experiencing the same thing. It seems that the viscanium drops are somehow interfering with the normal drop table.

The morning before the event has started has seen normal drops for Q3 for me. So I do not think its R156 related, seems more like the event drops.

Yes, I used to make 5k ander per day just soloing Q3 over and over, now im having hard time getting 1.5k ander out of it. My friends too.

Cheers.