Suggestion Decommission the concept of unidentified items

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by .maes., Jul 8, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .maes.

.maes. Someday Author

The purpose of unidentified items was so that we would spend COT to ID them. Now COT removed, why are we still making unnecessary clicks. Item stats can be resolved at the moment they enter inventory. Now it's a 20 second slowdown between each map run.

_G_R_A_M_P_S_, silverseas and Arr like this.
  2. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

This has been proposed many times.
    While I understand it's a hassle identifying every single item separately, there's perhaps still one positive thing about it, in my opinion, which is that you can easily see which items are freshly collected as they have the question mark icon over them.
    Ok, I get that this one tiny positive thing is not cool for everyone.

So perhaps, and now I think I remember someone suggesting this before, there could just be an 'identify all blue items' function that would keep the freshly collected items looking different from those that you have already identified, while identification would be much faster.

3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

They could add an auto-identify option in settings or something... Some people could be unhappy with making it obligatory.

By the way, the items' states are already decided the moment you pick it. If you identify an item during a heavy lag or something and see its states, and it turns out the identification didn't register... when you identify it later, you will see exactly the same states.

4. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

A lot of people will always be unhappy with changes in gameplay. They have routines and they don't want to change them haha.

Yeah, I know the stats are decided when the item is dropped. Then perhaps what could be quite ideal is, and this is an idea I'm sure I've already read on this forum before, that items with gold stats have like a golden frame around the icon when they are in your bag. Or they could even have like a slightly different glow effect when dropped, or maybe their sticker that pops up when they get dropped and you press ctrl., could have a golden border or something.
    I'm talking about golden stat items because that's pretty much the only stuff you want to keep in the end game, right?

Arr and MademoiselleCaramel like this.
  5. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

While devs removed CoT, they also replied to us with a : as players like to discover which items stars are hidden between the "?", items will remain unidentified. ( or a reply like that ).

I cannot clearly remember which Release or which reply.

One possible suggestion could be "a gamble" :

IF you_identify_item THEN sell_value : normal ELSE sell_value : double

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

alchimista likes this.
  7. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

A lot of boring time is used for identifying items, combine stones....but instead of solving this and making game a little less boring, devs invents new usleess runes.

In my opinion it will be a good ideea that item to remain unidentified, but, to split how item looks items into upper and lower part; if upper or lower part contains some gold magic line, then that part of item must have some shade to show this.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.