Feedback Defeat the Undefeatables [FEEDBACK]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Mal3ficent, Jan 7, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Wow, this event is so seriously bad it's hard to know where to start..

Once again there is no gear worth going after.

Making the boss drop a random travel ration is so ridiculous that I am at a complete loss for words. It took me 34 trips to Gorga hard to get 1. Not that Gorga hard is all that difficult, but going dozens of times I mean come on....

Then there is the 142 trips to Kristoff.. Again this isn't difficult, takes 7 minutes round trip from Kingshill to kill him, wait for respawn, kill him again and back to kingshill. Seriously, was there a more worthless quest that you could have come up with?

The other option is finding a seriously good group to fight Destructor over and over again, burn through the ess and stones, and for what? Oh yeah, worthless event items.

From what I've heard in the game and seen here, it can take 14 or more trips to circus to get the pet. Considering it would take days of mind numbing grind to get enough travel rations this obviously isn't (at least for me) worth the time and effort.

I will give you credit for one thing, you really are trying incredibly hard to discourage people from playing,,, Way to go.

Idiocracy, GED! and GroovieGimp like this.
  2. lewcar

lewcar Padavan

I don't mind the reduced insignias given as a reward, since the event is extended to 2 weeks duration (10 trips to Kristoff per day is only 40-60mins), however yet again there isn't enough variety in the ways we can complete this event.

I know you want the bosses to be our level and since level 45's really only other option is Khalys, most people would camp there.
    But what is wrong with this? Can we not enjoy this event anymore? There's only a very difficult option or a brain-dead option currently,
    Khalys would be a fair halfway point I should think.

The rewards from progress as far as I'm concerned are great, and at least there's a completely new concept added (mount cape).
    The Special Pet reward however simply should be easier obtain. Advertising it and making it a rare item are not what these events should be about. They're something that every player can look forward to regardless of what they choose to spend or their gaming time constraints.
    Personally I've done 12 of the bosses and nothing so far, is the drop rate even 10%??

So please pass onto the dev's that they need to implement more variety, simply a few more options for bosses would have made this event twice as good. This information seems to have gotten lost in the Feedback last time.

GED! likes this.
  3. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Ok this event is nice. For some levels it does suck. For me it is hard but hard = fun provided I sussed.

4. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

1. It's very boring. I have a level 43 and I have to spend hours on end doing the same thing over and over. A new definition of grinding.
    2. Even though there are 3 repeatable quests, 2 of them are useless. Who wants 6 insignia? It would take one a full year to complete an event with that.
    3. Rewards? What rewards? You'll have to get to the last 2-3 to feel like you achieved something. 5 useless bags of gems? More and better gems dropped while I was going to kill the same 3 bosses over and over again.
    4. Circus? Yeah, I feel like I'm at a circus. My current streak is 25 boss kills with no Travel Ration drop. How about that?
    5. When you finally get to the circus.. you can get only one boss there. Only one? Hey.. maybe the drops are good. NOT! 10 times in the circus, ZERO part drops. Different boss kills too. Maybe after one full day of grinding the same stupid quest over and over.. I can get back into the circus to get NOTHING.
    6. It's awesome to run around for the same thing hour after hour. The most interesting part is when the client gets stuck at "Connection is being established." on map change. At least there I swear a bit and get out of the BORING routine.
    7. As if it's not enough you have a few events (some with THE SAME EFFIN' MAP, just textured different) you include this one which levels lower than 40 can't really complete or get the full rewards (they suck anyway).
    8. If you are sick and tired of this failed event and want to do something else.. YOU CAN'T. Most of the players still hope for drops and grind like nutcases. And DSO does a great job at PUNISHING you if you wanna do anything solo.

All in all, it's an awesome event! I hope all events could be like this (yes they are =) just change the texture, a name here and there and that's all).

PS: I'm being ironic.

EDIT: One day BugPoint, one day... you'll see. I've read through this and other threads and 90% of players are upset. A good portion consider quitting. You're probably thinking they wont. True.. many of them won't. Not now anyway. But one day.. you'll be left with F2Ps and new people who'll join and leave fast. One day..

EDIT2: Just read Allogenous` post in the Event guide:

"Event specific loot drops from all worthy monsters during the time the event is active."

Bahahahah!! Good one! 15hours of event and grindborefest and not a single 'event specific loot drop from a worthy monster'.

Also this one:

"· This quest leads him into the new map, the Circus Monstrorum"

Bahahahah!! Good one! Isn't this NEW MAP the old Map100? :)) Or the OLD Christmas boss map? New map.. heh.. that's so cute.

EDIT3: I'm feeling smart here. Why is this event called DEFEAT THE UNDEFEATABLE and not BEAR THE UNBEARABLE ? PS: Undefeatable is not an English Dictionary accepted word. :wink:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    thedarkestlight, Idiocracy and GED! like this.
  5. Trailboss1

Trailboss1 Forum Mogul

Ya know, I tried to optimistic. I tried to be supportive. I tried "patting y'all on the back"

Now y'all are gonna make me regret those actions of renewing my premium and the positive words I laid out for you, BP.

I was with a group earlier in Sig hard. Managed to get 4 rations. We all tried to get into circus. I can't get in. I keep gettin an error message.

I do like the fact that y'all came up with a brand new event. With a progress bar even. Not really valuable stuff, but not to picky. And I can't even run event map?!?!?!

Edit: and now that I'm able to log back in I would appreciate it if you could replace my portal that I lost. I know it's not gonna happen so I say thanks anyway. (sarcasm)

And please, God, don't y'all dare tell me to check MY connections or computer. I started 3 other games and they all work fine. As well as my site I play cards and such on.

Please fix this and/or extend the time. C'mon.....

If I can't do the events than there's really no use in playing anymore. Period.

VMmage, Jettemee and Idiocracy like this.
  6. GED!

GED! Forum Greenhorn

I think Gorga is bugged with a low droprate of the portals (Normal and Hard)

After my experiance this is my definition of drop rates on defined bossed..

Mortis: 8%
    Destructor: 5%
    Herold (hard): 3%
    Sigrismar (hard): 2%
    Gorga (hard): 1%
    Gorga (normal): 0.2%

havnt tried khalys

and the droprate might seem little high.. but the droprate of normal items is Significantly higher than the portals.
    wich would make the droprate of Portal seem smaller..

*Good luck with event..
    Going to need it

7. marhun

marhun Junior Expert

I have to agree with WIld, this event is incredibly boring and repetitive, in an attempt to add some fun we (me and 2 others) went to destructor, and got badly damaged cost me a lot of ander. The thing is Destuctor is 3 to 5 times harder than mortis and there is only a hand full of players on tegan server who can handle destructor. I was lucky the 2 times i went i got portals, To make is worst after 5k of purple and 40 pots of health i only get 85 insigna bad value.
    Farming insigna should be like farmung ever other day differnet monster different amounts of insigna would have been a better plan.
    Not a good start to the year i am sorry very very boring

8. .maes.

.maes. Someday Author

My feebback would be very negative.. skipping to suggestions on how to make it better:
    1. Since I'm lvl 45, and Sigri, Herlad and Gorga hard are lvl 40, meaning WITHIN my lvl range, I would like to be able to have quests to defeat them.
    2. Bring back all PW boss quests (kill 2 Heredurs in Cata PW, kill 2 Khalys in POS PW, etc)
    3. Create a quest for killing 2 Mortis bosses
    4. Increase the amount of insignia gained from Destructor/Mortis quests by 3 TIMES. (otherwise no one will bother wasting ess on them)
    5. Create Destructor normal mode.
    6. Ensure the event is performance-tested and servers are behaving well. Nobody likes good things that can't be enjoyed.

Cheers!

Drifty44 and bahhumbug like this.
  9. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Everyone is right. Boring, pointless, dubious prizes, general waste of time.
    Games are supposed to take up time, but be entertainment as well.
    I'm sure the developer's found it a lot easier to create it, that to play it. Play days and days of the same thing, and not get the pet, that would be punishment, wouldn't it?

10. munjen

munjen Forum Apprentice

what ican i say about this event,what is my feedback about this event abolutley nothing,zero maybe that is postive for you like portals drop zero maybe is that positive or drop from bosses for pet zero and if zero is great then your work is great like zero nothing.enyoj!

11. bahhumbug

bahhumbug Forum Apprentice

Devs refuse to listen to the player base. Bring Khalys back as progress boss, and why Kristoff when the dragon boss in Stalgard is actually the end boss?..oh that's right, too close to an exit so players could actually port in and out and get kills faster but we wouldn't want that now would we, it makes TOO MUCH SENSE.
    Make a shorter progress bar for the low levels so they have a chance at finishing event, maybe cut rewards or draken, but let them finish the darn events. Adjust progress bar accordingly as to how many insignias they can earn per kill.
    I hate this event. It's an easy 450 draken for endgame players, but wanting to shoot yourself in the head out of pure frustrating boredom is not a good way to make your customer base happy. Oh that's right, we can BUY the insignias and wouldn't that just be a wonderful thing for BP...yeah, ain't gonna happen.
    Keep your pet. I personally don't want it but sure there are so many who are doing nothing but farming for it lol. GL 2 all of U.
    Anyway why even have an event feedback thread for this btw? Always the same complaints and nothing will ever change. I feel sorry for the ones who got all excited about this event for the first time and realized it is the pinnacle of a forced farming event.
    Good Job DSO, you really know how to keep the player base interested in the game.

12. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Question about pet parts... The walk through says the pet part "weapon" drops from Medusa. The Wiki says it drops from Bearach. So which is it?

Thanks, Doc.

P.S. I suspect it is the Bear... but would like confirmation.

Thanks again, Doc.

Savage likes this.
  13. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

I got the doll weapon from the bear, and the doll helmet from medusa. one of the walkthroughs had it right.
    Some say the game's event menu is partially bogus.

DocWhisky likes this.
  14. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

20 runs no pet part ... :mad:

15. DaBiorni

DaBiorni Forum Apprentice

It sucks that only lvl 409+ players can get the Heredur Doll

16. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

end bosses drop more legendry and uniques then circus portal.......and if they do...again we got no pet frag drop......
    31 hard sirgi runs just 1 EDIT portal drop...and this portal has no chance of getting any part of the pet.....just another reason add on for quiting the game

Last edited by moderator: Jan 12, 2015
    Rhysingstar likes this.
  17. joe6699

joe6699 Junior Expert

This event is impossible to finish with low level toons, i have a SW level 30, i have to kill Arachna 1275 times to complete event which is impossible for a normal human being with a wife and a baby to take care!!

18. jayr3d

jayr3d Regular

i agree with joe even tho i am lvl 45 but i still feel bad for those low lvls also for us lvl 45 we gotta keep killing kristoff is pain EDIT ... over n over its annoying event should be fun not boring

marhun likes this.
  19. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

we need khalys papalel for 45lvl

20. Nei

Nei Advanced

Always did events but this one doesn't worth my time in game.
    Same mounth (yeah different colour!), same costume, useless cloak, same humdrum routine.

In a word: BORING

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.