Feedback Desert of Essences [November]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Nov 17, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding the Desert of Essences event.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. toronto79

toronto79 Forum Apprentice

Again wiolet essence harts dosent drop

ViktorG75 likes this.
  3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Doesn't drop at all or doesn't drop 100% of the time? Because if it is not dropping 100% of the time, but it is dropping, then everything is normal.

4. toronto79

3 times in a row no drop, and other team members reported the same thing. Only 1 of 5 team members got it with 4 kills as supposed.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

It's extremely lucky to get the violet hearts in 5 kills. Last time around I believe it took me 10 or more kills.

6. Pumpkin7

Pumpkin7 Junior Expert

In my case, if I remember correctly, the chances were 50-50% for such a drop.

7. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

Are you talking about the 4 hearts that you need to craft in order to complete the mission for drakens?

I got 4 violet hearts in 4 runs.
    This random thing seems to be very "fair", typical for bugpoint

8. toronto79

Yes, thats is wat i mean.

9. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

I don't like the set's bonus. Considering how powerful legendaries are now, this set is a big joke now. It was decent before r155 and especially r158, now it's very very weak. Who would use this set when you can use instead a torso with 20-30-40% dmg, boots with dmg (or runspeed, tons of armour or hp, resistance), gloves with 20-30% speed or more (or even gloves with dmg). You can get much more dmg with legendaries than with this weak set. If you rework the newmoon and fullmoon and dark set, why not rework this one too? and improve it, otherwise it will only be useful for the people just starting out who have nothing else better to use than these useless uniques.
    Legendary boots, shoulders, gloves can give you over 100-120 dmg.
    The set's bonus should be at least 30% for the red one
    and 40% for the yellow one.
    I only did the event for the drakens, because otherwise it has 0 good rewards. No special gems, no cool uniques / items, nothing

And one last thing I forgot. Considering that the knowledge points don't go straight to the base dmg now, the 15% increase in dmg from the set bonus will be even smaller because the actual base dmg is much smaller than displayed :D

10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It never did, we just didn't pay attention to it.

misterbean likes this.
  11. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Didn't bother to fix the violet quest, did they? True to form, for jerks.
    ------
    Update:
    There seems to be a problem with the layout and collision prevention programming. I opened a green brute, and he materialized beneath me. It threw me a few feet across the map, like I stepped on a land mine.
    The violet boss will not drop the quest hearts, if someone is standing on top of him. Back your DKs off at the end, if you want the drop.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  12. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

The defend Julov quest is bugged: the guy we need to defend is about a mile from where the mobs spawn to kill him. The explosion thing for Blue berserkers is still bugged since DoE #1. The freeze for it goes off during its "warning" phase about 1 second before it actually explodes, then freezes you again when it actually does explode.

Why did you make getting to the yellow map so repetitive. We need 300 dust to get the Sleep potion, and if you summon EVERY brute on the map and 1 or two berserkers you get about 50 a run. So we have to do 6 runs to get a potion. Oh wait, you can buy the potions for 3k ander. Now i get it. nevermind it's intentional:mad:. This is the kind of stuff that turns me from a generally supportive level headed person into a....(an ancient voice) "Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side." Emporer, RoTJ, 1983

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  13. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

Does every brute drop exactly 1 core?
    If that's the case isn't it best to kill the weaker brutes to get maximum cores per shard used.

14. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

no, ive seen drops of 2 and 5 on the red brutes and 2 from violet ones but its not a guarantee to get more than 1

15. Excalibur1974

Excalibur1974 Junior Expert

300 dusts for every Yellow map entrance.
    Compassion for your brainless strategy.

16. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

I remember there was a quest in last event where we had to collect ~10 shiny things in the "desert at night" map.
    It gave some draken reward and later came the kill 10 yellow berserkers quest.
    This time there is no "collect shiny things" quest instead it's kill 10 yellow berserker right after violet boss.
    Why was that quest removed?
    DSO didn't like people getting reward for running night map just once?
    They only like us spending our entire day farming dust and going in 10 times for a few 100 drakens.

And these sets from the event need a remake to suit post R157 scenario. The current design is old from pre r157 and doesn't suit well now at all.

17. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It is not removed http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Desert_of_Essences_IV_&_V 1001 Jullov (2/2)
    You can take it from Jullov in the night map.
    This event is exactly the same as the previous one ... nothing has been changed ... even Defending Jullov is bugged like it was before.

MANOJ likes this.
  18. roya66

roya66 Forum Greenhorn

hi i cant even get the mission for this even thabo doesnt have the event quest for me :((( he has his usual two quests but nothing new :(((( is it a bug???????

19. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

What is your level?

20. rpfo

rpfo Padavan

I have some observation about this essence event. Have anybody else tried to do it all solo? Its absolutelly impossible to get into yellow map if u play solo most of the time. The math for this event is totally wrong , the drops of shards are very low to allow a single player do all the runs needed to get cores enough and so collect 300 dusts to reach yellow map!

I quit with this event needing only yellow boots because i just cant make anough dust without doing tons of solo runs just to farm shards to summon minis and so collect cores to summon big bosses and get a better dust drop.

Running solo , with the shards we collect in a full map we barelly get some to summon up to the first purple mini bosses. Than u have no shards , rarelly have enough cores and so it goes.

This event was by far the most grinding event ive ever seen on this game. I suggest it to fix the grinding , improving shard drops!