Desert of Essences

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Voldemort, Sep 16, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voldemort

Voldemort Junior Expert

Dear heroes,

In this thread you can put your feedback about this event.

2. VMmage

VMmage Someday Author

I'll play the event if the team fixes the position bug before the event ends. Otherwise, I'm not wasting my time on it.

3. Matijari_Trkxelsson

Matijari_Trkxelsson Someday Author

what exactly does this mean:

4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

No need to spend COTs on identifying the item. I thought it had random values, though.

5. galadriale

galadriale Junior Expert

Overall is good. This time they employed some of our suggestions like reduce the types of essence shards and cores to save inventory space. The removal of merchant vouchers for borrowing items is proper and right since no one will waste time borrow timed stuff. However more could be done to make it to gorgeous level:

1)As an event about essence, I still think event mobs should drop essence since they robbed the essence merchants. the drop is around 30-50 per stack. The essence dropped should correspond to color of mobs. And yellow essence of vitality of abduction should therefore be dropped by yellow mobs.

2)For 10 day duration and the current drop rate of essence tears, the event progress could be 9000 or higher with more progress rewards. Essence of vitality of abduction suggested to be included as progress rewards.

3)The Riverdance emotes should be permanent instead of 7 days. Timed emotes is a waste of inventory space and tossed immediately without hesitation since they will be useless at the end no matter is 7 days or 2 months. This has been suggested last time by many..

4) Essence vortex should be changed such that it can be used simultaneously with other costumes

5) Reduce the realm fragments required for entry into event map from 10 to 5 because there are many events that exhaust realm fragments and the drop rate of realm fragments in farming cannot meet the demand required for event.

6) Increase the amount of essence cores to the extent that solo players have enough to summon and kill all colored essence berserkers in each run

7) Increase the drop rate for legendary essence armour to the same extent as boots and gloves.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    Darwarren likes this.
  6. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

1) Great that you've combined the essence shards and cores into one type. Big thumbs up for that!

2) Also good that the essence set is permanent. But the drop rate of the armour and shoulders seems low. Not dropped for me yet, but had lots of boots. Maybe make the drops intelligent, in that if you already have say the boots and gloves, then the other parts are a little more likely to drop.

3) My main request is that the circling crystal costumes should be stackable/usable with other costumes, at the same time (as said by galadriale above). PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE AT THE NEXT UPDATE!

4) I further agree with galadriale, that the Riverdance should be permanent. Or chance of a permanent on dropping too.

5) Requiring 10 Realm fragments for a portal to the desert is quite a high price for those of us who use ours on the moon events, so don't have many left.
    How about either;
    A. lowering it to 5.
    B. Increase the drop rate of realm fragments across the world to compensate.
    C. Have another free entry/one time free map where portals can be farmed. As was done with the Dragan event.
    I just won't have the time to complete the 5x blue boss (requires 50 realm frags) and 10x yellow boss (requires 100 realm frags) quests before the event ends.

6) Regarding the blue and yellow boss quests for draken. I've heard some players complain that they've not been offered these quests. No a problem for me, but thought I'd mention.

7) A mount seems to be absent from this event. How about being able to ride on a vortex? It would look even cooler if the character pose was just standing still, 1.0m off the ground with arms folded.

8) We've all used green, blue, purple and red essence. But what is yellow essence? What effect could it have? Again, I +1 galadriale's suggestion of yellow mini-bosses having a chance to drop essence of vitality abduction, or another 'Essence of Legend' with some other cool effect. What might that be?...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  7. -Zackharias-

-Zackharias- Forum Apprentice

Progress bar is full before I started the event. Now I collect tears in vain and can't get progress revards. Please fix this bug before the event time runs out. Thank you.

8. Matijari_Trkxelsson

Matijari_Trkxelsson Someday Author

omg...yes please, by all means, just answer the most self-explanatory part of that question....i was asking about essence set items enchantments cause they dont appear "non-random" to me...not what does "automatically identified" means

9. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Hmmm.... Hotfix in the middle of event... Did not work quite right on Tegan (and Agathon from what I've read)... Servers still down... "Same as it ever was" (Once in a Lifetime, Talking Heads, 1981) :cool:

Actually since I am retired this does not affect me too much. Problem is since I cannot play I am shopping. This could cost me a few $K before I get it out of my system :rolleyes: Browsing online atm since it's a bit early for the shops to be open. I might wait though... I have this strange urge to go out and buy a Benelli M4 ;)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

10. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

[This has also been posted as a thread in "Technical Issues", since I did not know where it would be most likely noticed and passed on to the programmers. Feel free to delete one or the other post.]

This is to inform everyone, especially the programmers, that there is a hole in the map at the location you can see in the picture. It is near one of the red brute summoning areas. I could not jump or charge out of this area and could not reach the drops in the picture. I had two more red brutes to kill on this trip and I would have killed the red berserker as well. Instead, I had to teleport back to town: resulting in a partially wasted trip. Please fix this for the next essence event! Thanks.

[​IMG]

11. _Static_

_Static_ Forum Apprentice

over 100 kills. no red chest piece. that is completely unacceptable. very, VERY upset with this.

12. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

both of my toons got full sets, so I am happy. my dwarf got the pauldrons to drop to complete his set with literally minutes to spare, so i'm feeling a little euphoric... even partial sets are useful since they allow people to focus their COTs on other pieces.

I agree with others that the progress bar could have had more rewards. perhaps yellow essence of vitality drops (or red and purple essneces) or progress bar rewards and a mount as well.

13. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

It was a nice change of pace.

It would have been nicer if:
    The pigs were in place and worked all the time.
    The map had significant drops of high essences: red, yellow, violet. As it was, I used more than I got.
    The drops for the armor sets were truly random. I got enough shoes to open a store, but no red armor in about 50 runs.
    The dance emote was permanent, definitely more than 7 days for a 10-day event.
    Advanced notices and a walk through were used.
    Groups did not fall apart because of lag or connection issues.
    The New Moon Event did not miss the New Moon of our real calendar.

Thanks for giving us an event. More please.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  14. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

First off, you're also forgetting that there is the purple quest between the blue and yellow ones and it needs 4 drops and it isn't even a guaranteed drop... so it is even worse.

Yellow essence already exists and is indeed Essence of Vitality Abduction, it just hasn't been available for a while. It does 150% of your base damage (better than blue but worse than purple) and heals you by 15% of the damage you do... in short, you are almost invincible in PvE and you would piss people off in PvP.

15. Multi-Sev

I wonder if anyone has realized that this thread is about a tasty after dinner treat, apparently baked from "essences". A desert is an area of arid land. A dessert is something entirely different.

trakilaki likes this.
  16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I enjoy the dessert in the desert.

Anyway ... the event was fun ... it could be better if there were no few bugs and lags ... and ofcourse if we were able to get the torso.
    I have made something like 70-80 runs and I got only one essence armor ... with crappy stats. Got 3 pauldrons ... and the rest were boots and gloves ... and that is why I am planing to open a store. :D

mrmlja likes this.
  17. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

...ahaa!!! you forgot the most important one(at least for me) "ess" no drop whatsoever, this event is called "Desert of ess" but we got zero drops of it, unlike the 1st event!!!

_Baragain_ likes this.
  18. Multi-Sev

Thread title edited, dessert joke over :( :D

But, yeah, I think the event could use a few more essences (as drops). As a person that does not buy essences the purple and red ones, from the progress, were better than nothing. Half a loaf is better than no loaf :)

_Baragain_ likes this.
  19. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I think the progress bar could have been expanded to include more ess rewards. I played three toons to completion rather quickly (average a few hours a day for two days each.)

All of them played on quite a bit after that trying to get a specific vortex costume, pet or gear drop. (btw, I never saw a torso drop from any bosses either.)

Overall, I enjoyed the event. The things I would like to see for a future event would be: 1) cleaned up the bugs :rolleyes: and 2) expand the progress bar with more rewards.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

20. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Another thing I wouldn't mind is if they combined the Desert of Essence event with the old Storm of Essence event so that we could have something to do with our time other than farm the event map... maybe have the vortexes from the Storms drop some sort of item used to enter the event other than realm frags so that we could save them for the moon events too. Reason being, I'm with everyone else. I want essence from an essence event... sort of like how I want CoTs from a CoT event. I may just be crazy, but I think that is the sort of thing that would make players happy.

MikeyMetro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.