Feedback Desert of Essences

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Jul 7, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Achievement awards for wearing 3 or 5 pieces of the yellow set would be nice.
    Or even for complete sets of the other colors.
    -------
    It didn't take many players very long to figure out that the yellow minions were a waste of time and essence, and to go straight to the bosses.
    The reward structure was terrible, so much required to get so little at the top. I've never seen so many players bail out of event so fast.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. Mario_Boss

Mario_Boss Regular

I got it after 16 runs, 4th day of event...was busting my EDIT off with dust farming
    set is only good for melt

[​IMG]

P.S. I rather go for witch chaser hat with red ess (but that is becaus I lack CHR) or mortis mask :rolleyes:

Last edited by moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    Darwarren likes this.
  3. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

For your DK I can see that you really did what you normally do (being awsome) and completed the event. Side note you saving keys for level 50... Very smart...

4. Mario_Boss

Mario_Boss Regular

Thank you :)

5. Ergooooooo

Ergooooooo Forum Apprentice

Yes this is so annoying, not only for this event but all events that require entrance, it happens to often that u leave the map because your mouse pointer is almost always centered with exit when entering or respawning. A prompt about changing maps would be a good idea!

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

People keep saying this, but there are two simple solutions.
    1. Only click once.
    2. Don't die.:p:D

Still, having some sort of confirmation wouldn't be a bad thing.

MegaNuker likes this.
  7. LHF77

LHF77 Forum Greenhorn

Are cores needed on hard map to call boss?

8. DE_GAZA

DE_GAZA Someday Author

Yes, you need 60 cores to summon the Boss in Hard map

9. Ergooooooo

Ergooooooo Forum Apprentice

great dso solution :p i think now all problems are solved, sound issues put out the sound, lag issues or other issues dont login, thx for the help ;).

Darwarren likes this.
  10. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I think it is a shame that people click out of the map but how many times does it have to happen til you find a workaround. And who's fault is it you clicked out. I know how easy it is to click on the arrow and I calm myself down IF I die. Sometimes you do have to die. When you say BRB WC or RR depending where your from. When you get back all relieved to find out people left some mobs hitting on you while your afk click once wait move.

The realm frags are quite alot required to get in. People should start building realm frags now for this event.

Just incase you missed it...

11. MoonWhysper

MoonWhysper Forum Apprentice

I'm disappointed with the event... twice I have picked up the unique items but both times the stats have been horrible and nowhere close to the numbers that are shown when you look at the event description and place your mouse over the possible items. I was looking forward to getting an item that might be better than those I currently wear but both times the added damage was only +2 and the armor was seriously lacking (less than 80). The items melt down for minimal glyphs and sell for even less. It's really not worth the time spent for the items that are dropped, in my opinion.

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Another ruined event.
    In the previous events it took me 1,5 runs to collect shards and cores to summon all the mini bosses and bosses (solo) ... in this one it takes 5 runs to do the same ... even with less rocks (since yellow ones were removed).
    This is what I got from 3 runs (I had entrance to hard mode and some shards/cores/dust from previous runs).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The drops for the shards and cores were reduced ... but the number of shards/cores required to summon the bosses increased.

The hard map is a joke. No one even play the whole map since there are no shard drops ... everyone is killing only the yellow berserker.
    Those yellow spouts are harder to kill than the Yellow Berserker. hahahaha
    In fact the hard mode is not hard at all it only requires a lot of grinding. So the dev's percepcion for hard is ... more grinding = hard. :D :D
    I have spent more than 1600 realm fragments and didn't get the boots. Every noob got the complete set in 2 runs but I didn't get it in 15 days of excessive play.

I will quote Jason again: "We wanted to reduce the grinding". :D:D:D
    This dude is hilarious ... and he thinks someone actually believe him. :D

battlefist5 likes this.
  13. _Baragain_

This Line=100% true!

We as gamers don't mind if things are difficult. Our definition of difficult is that it requires team work, that it requires strategy, that it requires skill. In the past, there were several such parts in this game, but the PvE balancing has since shifted to the point where that it is all about stats. High end teams no longer have to use strategy, they simply blow through anything that gets in their way. Give us better PvE balance and make something hard, not time consuming.

14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Especially if I want to solo.
    I want challenges ... i don't need, i don't want ... I refuse to play in group all the time.

15. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

i think what they are doing is making us run out of resources so we need to purchase them,realm frags,ess ect.
    making something harder and a challenge and not time consuming? needs to be expanded on. doesn't make sense.
    i think we touched base already on if you need blue ess to kill monster X soloing,,then in a group you will now need red ess to kill monster X.
    but i have noticed in event if you group your team gets more cores ect to summon than if you soloed.

16. TheDe4thTr4nce

TheDe4thTr4nce Someday Author

My final two tries on midnight map report.
    Had one Julov's portal and 134 cores.. ok, so I decided to buy one more portal (3k anders) for double chances to get yellow boots...

brought home another two pauldrons.:cool:

Now I have learned my lesson..:(:(:(

17. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

I had similar experience to trakilaki. ran a lot of it solo as everyone in my guild seemed to complete it in 2 days. ended up needing boots in both red set and yellow set. so all realm frags gone, and the day after new moon event starts to cant even do that lol. and all for what? 2 not complete sets that are no use as individual pieces. next time I wont waste my time.
    yellow map, pointless as drop so bad. normal map, the yellow creatures that had been turned into red ones, except weren't red i.e. slower, didn't explode, drop rate was pathetic.

18. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Well, the event was good for me. I managed to get every red set piece on my dwarf, and 3 of them had better stats than my previous pieces. I hadn't be using them, but it did allow me to melt the previous piecss that had been level 46 and put those glyphs into my witch chaser and sparks.

Additionally, i do use the red set on my dk and the weak piece in my dk set was the chest (originally +24 damage). i replaced it with a +30 damage with an addition +40 or 50 hp at the cost of about -10 or -15 armor.

The yellow set was kind of weak., did get helmet and gloves on my dk but did not really bother, and only did yellow map once or twice with my dwarf.

19. _Baragain_

I didn't feel like wasting the resources trying to get the yellow set when it would soon be obsolete due to R155. Instead, I managed to bank 4 sleep potions and over 350 cores for the first time this comes out after LVL 50. That is when I'll actually care about this set again.