Feedback Desert of Essences

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by NSDT-returns, May 29, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NSDT-returns

NSDT-returns Someday Author

I didn't see a thread for desert of essences so I'm just gonna post it here.

For the rest of the release, I like the autopickup and the materi runes dropping. I don't like the "player suggestion" denomination for it because that's definitely not what player are nost asking for.
    The stream event is a missed opportunity because of the price of the trader + the content of the event (basically farm 63 herald inf3 and you get the 150 drakens event)
    However I dislike the lack of content of the release in itself (nothing new).

About Desert of Essences:

It feels like a terrible event except for the endgame players.
    WHY?
    1/ Progress is really slow
    2/ Progress bar is not worth it (a few drakens and some stuff to make essence which is not that needed when we are not endgame)
    3/ No draken cores (unlike moon events)
    4/ No runes (unlike moon events)

I agree the new essences will be useful, especially for inf6-7
    Being able to hit the boss with red essence on its lower resistance will definitely help.
    BUT that's for engame players

What do the low level / new 55 / 55 able to fatal / 55 able to inf1-inf2 get ?
    WELL, A FEW DRAKENS AND A LOT OF BAD FARM WHICH WE HAVE TO PAY FRAGMENTS FOR.

So, I think you should rethink the rewards of the progress bar + add draken cores to the map boss to make this event worth (even 1 in excruciating / 2 in fatal / 3 in inf1-3 ...).
    At least it would make the event useful for a part of the community which has no interest in wasting their time and ressources for a few specific essences.

zimbawe and Dragenstein like this.
  2. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your feedback regarding the Desert of Essences event.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.
    Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

3. Irish

Irish Forum Apprentice

Please fix the poison in this desert of essences event. Took 5000 poison buff 2 mins , 2995 poison buff 2 hours also poison pet, And i can't even make it around the map on exc , come on lads whats going on, lots are so disappointed with this , fix it please.

I'm wondering if you guys are even playing this game at all, or do you's going around with Max everything while testing this event.
    So annoyed with this event, and i was told this is going to be an every month event , wow.

4. lol3301

lol3301 Forum Greenhorn

you know how to surprise! when it seems that it cannot be worse, you do it!

5. vkillerx

vkillerx Forum Pro

Event feedback

~ what i like about event map ? Nothing specific

~ what i didn't like about the event map?very cheap design as it´s all just copies of one map, also the debuff in desert are annoying into oblivion
    ~ What was your view of the difficulty of the event? Okay, cost wise pure terror, time wise depths of the hell itself
    ~ Did you find the event interesting, or was it a bit of a grind? Grind, for basically nothing as im a mage and the new essences doesnt really give me anything
    ~ What, specifically, could be done to improve it?
    The entrance cost for maps shouldnt be as in instance of dtu (Sorry but 700 realms for monthly event is pathetic especially when getting 200 for top end char takes about hour unless you are a perma 100% movespeed ranger :) )
    The activation entrance should be rather individual and scale with difficulty in the desert
    ~ What was your view of the rewards?
    carmot so basically free ess for gold = okayish
    drakens ... at least some unlike most of modern events
    the rest is useless even the orbs just widen then gap between class dmg differences..such item shouldnt be ever implemented
    ~ What rewards would you have preferred (no Lamborghini's or Ferrari's, sorry).? CORES ?!?

In my humble opinion this event is a joke of its previous self
    Also small question on the event spam i´ve just seen... Is this game becoming a lifestyle or what is with that? Management running out of money ?

zimbawe and Dragenstein like this.
  6. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

It could be that on the map the damage suffered is fire and not poison I don't know...
    For me this event is useless, it does not allow me to improve by 1 CV.
    I have 200,000 purple and red essences never used, I don't understand what this event is for, the progress bar offers nothing.

zimbawe, lol3301 and Dragenstein like this.
  7. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Strong toons get nothing valuable.
    Weak toons can't survive even the first sand storm.
    Good job :3

8. ☆Đдяkאєşş☆

☆Đдяkאєşş☆ Active Author

another useless event, I will not do it as for others. I hope they don't change that of the only dragan left, but I expect it to get worse;)

9. NSDT-returns

NSDT-returns Someday Author

Well I thought it was bad before I tested the essences.

Then I realised the description was indeed right, making those essences giga powerful.

Let me explain: Red essence = +300% dmg
    For me I get from 45k to 85K = 85k dmg

Red elemental = +300% skill dmg
    I deal 45k dmg + 135k elemental dmg = +- 180k dmg depending on the opponent

I feel this is a good enough reason to finish the progress bar (which is pretty awful)

10. DreamWill

DreamWill Forum Commissioner

simply: it's fire dmg not poison, what you did is useless.

~Μαριος~123 likes this.
  11. CH1976

CH1976 Forum Apprentice

Horrible event. Before we had the powerful Boss, now it's all the same ... More boring can not be ...

12. wojtekwjk

wojtekwjk Regular

I disagree. Im an endgame player and I dont give a damn about that event as well :) It's not worth it. I really dont care if killing bosses takes me 1 min or 1 min 30s , especially that INF 6 and 7 are not for casual, everyday, farming and new essences seem to be targeted just to them

13. vkillerx

vkillerx Forum Pro

Ye but what is the point for high end mages who actaully has most dmg elemental unlike already broken midgets or rangers
    Also whose damn idea was to delay dragan and to make more progress bars longer instead of for instance lessening hall progress drops
    Are the devs intending on making this game a labor camp ?

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Elégedetlenkedő likes this.
  14. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

Is there a guide somewhere? Judging by the feedback I read above I'm not missing much but is more to satisfy my curiosity. There were once guides provided by BP with a further one on the wiki page but it looks like BP have fudged that relationship with their actions of late.

Just logged in and ran a few rounds in event. What a smoldering dumpster fire of an event. The BP devs are on par with the directorial merits of Zack Snyder in Justice League. Thank you BP for bringing back the name but you failed horribly in reviving this event. I hope that the upcoming Dragan event does not meet the same fate.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  15. Mdk3

Mdk3 Someday Author

Good event to use up your health potions... if you're stubborn and summon those storms till you drop dead. Not that I don't have any, but still... is this how an event in a game looks like these days ?

Alpaca and Elégedetlenkedő like this.
  16. ~Μαριος~123

~Μαριος~123 Forum Apprentice

I think that most people dont realise what this event's use is.

It's a monthly event just like full and new moon.

What do you do in new moon?
    You can go there to get some items that your character might need (black adornment, etc)
    You can get 2 attack speed runes to help you a bit with your character.
    You can farm A LOT of cores if you spend enough time in it.

What do you get in Full moon?
    You can can kinda get some items that your character might need (bloodmage staff for mages, nothing else unless you have a secret OP strat)
    You can get 2 attack speed runes to help you a bit with your character.
    You can farm SOME cores if you spend enough time in it.

What do you get in Desert of Essences?
    You can upgrade your essences.
    That's it.

Personaly I am sitting at arround 1/4k progress in the event and already have 390 of the stuff you need to upgrade your essences (already used some to get more purple ess). With that I can get A LOT of essences, either by upgrading your blue to purple or by turning your red into elemental red (with various combinations of those).

How many fragments have I spent?
    Well I have already gone inf1, (2 runs inf2) and inf3 runs which cost like 3 portals each. Had I only gone mod2 I would have spent arround 200 fragments.

200 fragments and I can make a EDIT of upgrades that can help me clear bosses and stuff.

I have noticed an unusual number of new players PLEADING ( xD ) for help in Qs on the /a chat. Now with this event (that everyone can farm) you can get essences to help you kill bosses and get the stuff you need to get stronger.

All in all, I think that as a monthly event, it's pretty good but I would prefer NEW maps and not 19983Y13H3184Y12 times reused ones.

PS:
    The damage you take is FIRE damage. Buy FIRE RESISTANCE tonic from Resistance Command Centre (or something like that).

Last edited by moderator: May 30, 2020
    ImmortalDeath likes this.
  17. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

My first impressions with this event:
    • Art Department did their job well once again
    • Indefinetly respawning map with stronger and stronger waves is an interesting conception, especially that it seems like those waves are not the same just with higher hp and dmg of enemies and/or bigger debuffs (it looks like monsters are changing). Some improvements here and there and it could make a good mechanic for reuse.
    • Still, looks rather grindy. Perhaps too grindy... we'll see a bit later.
    • I don't understand how are the achievements for the title obtained... but I guess the event is still pretty clear for me.

ImmortalDeath and sargon234 like this.
  18. Mdk3

Mdk3 Someday Author

One teleport to Kia Krisal on inf1 is 96 realm fragments. How many runs on inf1 would take me to finish event ?

19. ~Μαριος~123

~Μαριος~123 Forum Apprentice

NO.

YOU DONT BUY THOSE THINGS.
    Get the classic map and play it on mod2.

ImmortalDeath likes this.
  20. Mdk3

Mdk3 Someday Author

I did, 4-5 times the classic map, mod2, and entered twice the white Kia and once the yellow Kia. So, after two hours of complete boredom (by playing mode 2 with an inf1/2 character) I have now 114/3000 progress. The world makes no sense anymore (I'm referring to Duria world, of course).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.