Development Team Letter - CLASS BALANCING

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by DSO Production Team, Nov 1, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

A PvP bot (or bot swarm more like) would only make sense for honor/win farming with yourself on things like 3v3 and above. That could (and has) be achieved with a macro and a collection of virtual machines, so I don't know if anyone would go through the effort to make a PvP specific bot.

2. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Let's try to use some sort of imagination: imagine we need to make a bot, we have a bot with pixel search and it works for PvP, what would prevent us to use it also for PvE?

3. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

At least look at it this way...theres absolutely no reason for spellweavers to buy premium.Most people buy premium to farm augument cores and gems, but augument cores and gems do nothing to spellweavers.They will be the worst even if they have tier 0 items or tier 6.So its a good thing if you like to look at it this way ^^

As to fireballs, well look at it this way, if u play with 2 hand u cant kill a 1hand warrior and he will most likely 1-2 hit u once he catches up to u.If you go with 1 hand and shield your dmg will be 50% lower.so u cant kill a warrior when u play full dmg and going with 50% less dmg will help?

Imo the 1hand weapons should give 150%-200% dmg to fireball on top of what fireball already has( ice sphere aswell, lightning too) as passive bonus (unique options)...u will lose the unlimited spam from q7, and will be able to spam 3-4 of them max.Even if fireballs will do 500% dmg they wont still be enough to kill warriors.Take a look at rangers for instance..They play with 500% dmg EA and theirs also debuff their targets and they still cant kill warriors.How are SWs supposed to kill warriors in arena if they go with 1hand if their skills do 126% skill dmg? 3 of these fireballs if playing with 1hand will deplete all your mana bar and what then? They wont even deal the amount of dmg that 1 EA does...nor break the opponents armor...Seriously BP...none of your employees play SW anymore ?

The problem is not the mages/rangers/ dwarfs but warriors.If any of these 3 classes (mages/rangers/dwarfs) would be to face each other in a duel the match will end so fast...1-3 hits for someone to win even if they use 2hand or shield.If they were to meet a warrior they will have to attack 20-30 times and even that wont be enough to kill the warrior.All the regenerations that the warrior has must go in pvp.It is a must if we want a fair balance.Mages dont have them, rangers dont, why should warriors have them?

How long before BP will realise that these regenerations from PVP is making a class too OP for the rest to handle?

#removeAllHPregINpvp

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  4. xmasholo

xmasholo Forum Apprentice

and give back the 2 seconds for the stun inmunity
    it's also broken, some class are abusing of permastuns

5. DBS-Flamelurker

DBS-Flamelurker Exceptional Talent

The range of the other characters must go, in pvp. It is a must if we want to fair balance. Ranger, Mago and Dwarf have them, why not the warrior?

I try to guess... because different characters have different needs? eheh

6. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

And how does having range help nowadays vs 1hand warriors? Do you see the range doing anything else but delaying the inevitable when u face a end game 1hand warrior?

If having range would be such a great game breaker (like regenerations are for instance) then classes with range would kill 1handed warrior with ease, and they (the warriors ) would be here complaining that ranged classes are op because of the range.In game is the exact opposite, range does nothing , and regenerations decide who gets to win and who gets to lose.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  7. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Err. Are you playing the same game as I do? Because in the game I play, Rangers have healing from Wolves and Tree. Dwarves have a healing spell that heals 2% first and then 1% more for the next 5 seconds. It is 7% total and only 3% less than a warrior.
    But SM has Tesla to get total stun immunity for unlimited time and they have turrets and bombs. I would not think an SM will have any trouble whatsoever against an equally equipped DK.

The reason why most SMs feel like they are weak against DKs is because they are not equally equipped. Since SMs get a feel of OP in the early game, they get addicted to having so much damage early on, and overlooking their defenses. Why should they? They can take out any PvE boss lightning fast. And they try to do the same in Arena, fails and then complains. Oh no! All other classes are so OP in Arena, my little SM who kills T6 boss in seconds died to warrior who can't even handle a T1 boss. This is so unfair!!! Well, You need to step up, improve your defenses and get in line with the others to handle PvP because unlike PvE bosses, people can evade Your turrets.

Only Mages do not have a healing spell in combat. The only healing spell they have requires to kill the target. Which makes it useless in PvP.

I don't think SM and Ranges have an issue with PvP or PvE against Warriors. It is only the Mages who are at a disadvantage both in PvP and in PvE.

Mages do not have enough Damage when doing solo in PvE, but they can dish out more damage than any other class in a group though.

DBS-Flamelurker likes this.
  8. DBS-Flamelurker

DBS-Flamelurker Exceptional Talent

If healing is better than range, it does not mean that range is useless.

If healing is removed, range wins.

I repeat: The only character who can not kill a 1H war is the mage. It's hard for the other characters, but it's possible. AND ONLY War 1H.

If you remove healing, what happens?

War vs Ranger:

Ranger has: more damage (EA 375% without marking); more escape (Blade dance, Dive, Adrenaline) almost the same defense (because it has gems better than Mage); and... RANGE.

What will the war have? Better stun, STOP. (laughs)

REPEAT: If range is useless, remove the range in pvp. ;) And give the war attack 375% damage with armor breaks, LOL

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................>

Without healing, the only thing needed to beat a war is:

Travel speed.

Once the war reaches Ranger, Ranger attacks with 500% damage, War 240% (with half life, probably).

Who wins if they are both set with a shield, WITHOUT HEALING?

eheh :D

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It is more than obvious we are playing different games.
    In the game I play rangers have healing in PvE only ... because minions get killed or mind controlled instantly. Against tank you probably won't even get a chance to heal ... but you will do him a favor by healing him and filling his rage. In PvP rangers are in same position as the other 2 classes when it comes to healing.
    Midgets have independent healing skill similar to DKs it can't be taken away from them ... but saying that midget stand chance against a tank is hilarious.
    You are probably still twinking ... or you are used to the twinking style ... but this what we are talking about is end game.
    Even the noobest tank is OP compared to the other classes. I can show you many examples where veteran players both F2P and P2P can't kill newly created tank.

As to this other screaming dude
    1. You can scream as much as you like ... tanks are UBER OP and they will get nerfed.
    2. DK is not a melee class when half of its skills are ranged ... not just ranged but ranged skills with AoE + healing effect. Just one example: If one tank jumps in Tokyo all players are dying in Paris ... just because of their OP jump with hilariously 2000Km wide AoE. not to mention the other skills which are insta-killing you on high range.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  10. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Don't be silly Traki. You and I both know, You play a ranger and you are obviously biased towards Rangers.
    I play all 4 classes at 55 all PvP Marshals, and so that is why I consider myself not biased.
    DKs cannot mind control minions, so in your game that You play they may have that ability, but not in the game I play.
    When I play DK, I don't even try to kill minions, obviously because if I do, I am basically acting like a PvE boss who is mindlessly attacking the tank (Your minion in this case) while the damage dealing opponent is having a field day on me.

Midgets have a better than good chance against a healing DK, because they can have damage over and above a defensive DK with almost similar healing. Just because You have not come across such a midget doesn't mean that they cannot be built. The reason was explained in my previous post.

Noobest tanks are OP You say? My Mage, Ranger and SM can kill some of them without getting a single hit (at 55) :p
    And You know, I am quite weak on all my characters, if you have seen my stats pictures that I have posted on forums. If I can kill them, anyone can kill.
    May be that is what You call OP? Dying even before they can get to the opponent?

Flabbergasting as it may, anyone including You who have played more than a few PvP matches obviously know, a noob Tank cannot do anything against an experienced player of another class. Yet, You (a veteran player well respected by the community) makes absurd statements like this.

11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Just throwing fuel on the fire, he said "or." At first, he is talking in general when he says the monster will be killed or mind controlled. Then he goes on to explain that a DK will thank you for the easy HP regen... and he is right. I love it when rangers use their wolves in PvP. It gives me 100% HP back.

If you are going to argue, use a bit of deductive reasoning first before making comments that make no sense. No one with half a brain would read Trakilaki's post and think he was saying DKs can mind control minions.

ΣMiwel and trakilaki like this.
  12. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

When you try to find a fault in a post, that is all what you will see.

13. trakilaki

Level 55 is cap level ... but not end game. Yes i have seen your items and stats. I deal with toons like yours (former twinks or boosted up marshals) on daily basis. You know what is most irritating with them? You can't even mark them for the final blow ... they die with the marking shot :D I get those "marshals" / "Field Marshals" every day ... usually they are whispering ... "pls one win" :)
    Those are not End Game toons.
    You know very well that I play SW and Ra beyond end game level ... also playing DK and midget that are not even close to end game.

If you can't see what we are all talking about that is because of two things:
    1. you are not at end game ... and those marshals are not even worthy comparison
    2. the server you are playing on is your disadvantage. I play on fully populated server with thousands of players.

But you know that everything i say is 100% correct ... you only doubt it because you have never seen it.
    Let me give you random examples
    [​IMG]
    Half a million damage and I couldn't take out even 1/3 of his hp ... which BTW were getting back instantly ... from the points you can see in what way he has killed me ... with a chain of stuns :) You know what they will do ... you can predict it beforehand ... and you can't do anything about it :)
    Lets see the other case ... new or recently created tank (not just level 55 but end game toon)
    [​IMG]

ΣMiwel likes this.
  14. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

While I agree with you on SW and Ra, I'm not really sure about dwarfs. On the one hand, a well-balanced 2h midget, placing tactical turret, two machine gun turrets and a tesla on the cross-fire point, having the last wisdom skill on, could do a quick work of a tank. But that is where life-keeper comes in and it would require detailed calculations to check if the damage of turrets can overcome the healing of the tank.
    cdeepal seems to forget that the fire of the SM turrets is split into ticks, doing a little damage per hit, and since healing is per hit, that could make it impossible to kill the tank.
    1. Let's hope the devs will do it right...
    2. Attaching a comparison so nobody can complain on what you said there:
    Melee skills of DK: Rage Attack, Smash, Rageful Swing, Iron Brow
    Ranged skills of DK: BWS (yeah, that kind of range is not melee anymore...), Rage Jump (both making projectile of himself and far range of the "explosion" on landing), Ground Breaker, Charge (making projectile of himself with wide range of trail damage on sides), MWS (see BWS), Banner of War (damage for all players in wide area, also can leave it behind and escape), FotD (can leave it behind and escape)
    Other skills of DK: FBC (allows the reach the enemies really quick, also a source of rage to heal while escaping&dogding hits), Dragon Hide (also helping to reach the enemies, while in this mode they can run at the opponent without even trying to dodge anything), Battle Frenzy (healing skill&additional HP buff)

So 4 melee skills, 7 ranged skills and 3 additional skills made to compensate for being a melee class... or is it?

Nelias and trakilaki like this.
  15. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

You may like boasting Your power. But, I am not someone begs for wins. I have plenty of wins. Here are just a few:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. trakilaki

Nah ... they are no match to tanks. Only a Ranger with a broken q7 set have chances to beat them up.
    I never said you are one of those ... how can i know that when we are not even playing on a same server? :) All i said is "i am seeing that kind of "marshals" every day on my server."
    Anyone can be Grandmaster Flash with mentor bonuses :) I have never used a mentor bonus so far.
    as for boosting my power ... what power man I am going into arena to lose not to win :D
    [​IMG]
    always keeping my ratio +- 100 in favor to loses.

Oh and BTW your screenshots are confirming everything i have said earlier :p

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  17. Woudlopertje

Woudlopertje Someday Author

This is exactly the reason why nobody can take you seriously. You think because of your rank you have played plenty of pvp matches to know whats balanced and whats not. Besides if we were to remove the mentor bonus point you would be Seasonend Knight of the Order on all of your characters. Obviously you want to justify your own statement by saying that all your characters are Marshals.
    Not only is your rank fake but you also admit that your stats are bad af. So if you can kill them what does that say about their stats?
    Most of us care about endgame and it's clear to everyone here that you and some others aren't there quite yet.

Nelias likes this.
  18. Nelias

Nelias Someday Author

you have never seen good dk in your entire like include your own. All warriors cry that game is unfair cause range but htey have very low gems and not crated items, why they even think if they move their gems,glyps etc to mage it change anything. I tell you news fresh lvl55 mage with 2hand hit me 10-15k and i hit them 70-80k with fireball on green ess. fully crafted dk with cube set give me 30k dmg with groud breaker cross 75% fire rezist. i have over 30k dmg with sigri and after 15 fireballs dk like this have half hp. when dk tell me he must have this heal cause he obtian 10 hits befora land 1 i just laugh cause end game mage with over 30k dmg dmg hit 15-20k dmg with fireballs max to 1 hand dk so when you see like mage deal 700k in duel and still lose it definitly isnt from 10 fireballs but from 40. And all what warrior need to kill top 2hand mage is 2-3 stuns since charge have crazy dmg 175%. Not to metion their dmg to building in 6vs6 mage with 35k dmg hit 207 (fireballs )dmg to tower but war with 0 dmg hits 1430 with every stuns..this is logic by dev team of BP :rolleyes:

19. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Lets pray for this to happen xD.At least those regenerations should have a fixed number of health points that they heal and wont be based on how much hp u have.Same with the supernatural regeneration.That skill alone is filling the hp up to max and a 1 minute cooldown makes the tanks immortal..

Depends on how good u are with assault.If you are good u will easily kill any targets since u get to permastun them.

Yes i do play the same game.How does wolves help in PvP? Let me tell u, they are only good for the tank to heal off them.The dmg that the wolves/guardian does is so small vs 1hand warriors that its not even worth mentioning.Only tanks and dwarfs have regenerations that matter in pvp.Mages and rangers shouldve had one aswell..one triggered after u teleport or use adrenaline boost and should recover x% hp over 5 sec or so.Not hp based per kill (which is useless in pvp) or hp based on the dmg your pets do (which is also useless because the pets are 1hit, they will heal the opponent most likely if its a tank and not you, and because wolves/guardian will help your opponent proc q7 effect on them..so they are useless and help anyone in the arena but you lol).

LOL xD

20. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

There is a similar concept in D# named life per hit.
    There is a similar concept "ArmorBlockResistanceKeeperRing" in that widow spider set that grow your stats with every hit you take.
    All this concepts apply to defensive stats especialy for mele class but not only.
    There are many items that grow your stats based on loot on hit and so on you just need to play another games to open your eyes.

As about that lifekeeper should be nerfed (just for pvp) only after they ballance all class so that Sw will be similar as damage burst with Ra.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.