does Black Essence Helmet actually drop?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by jeffzrx, Jan 16, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

I've had all the other essence event drops but never this helmet :(

2. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

In my experience, the droprate of event uniques at the highest difficult modes is extremely bad. I managed to drop everything, including the helmet, by doing several runs in painful.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  3. G3dd

G3dd Someday Author

Yes the drop rate is low but i can confirm that you can get the helmet! Now theres only one map u can get it from therefore its difficult! I got it lets say maybe in 10 runs and a friend of mine got it maybe one or two events after me!

4. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

If you dropped in 10 runs, the droprate is not bad, it is excellent for you.

From memory, I don't remember dropping any set item in merci/blood mode, in 200-300 runs made over the years. And, if any, for sure it wasn't the helmet.

Just out of curiosity, is your account old or new?

5. BestCherso1998

BestCherso1998 Someday Author

From my experience, I've found only boots in merciless since I farm only lightning essences, but I'm sure I found one pair in bloodshed a few months ago :confused:

6. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

are u sure there's only 1? which 1?

7. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Yup, each colored map can only drop 1 part of the Black Essence Armament. For the helmet, you gotta hit up the purple Andermagic themed map.

G3dd likes this.
  8. G3dd

G3dd Someday Author

I was definetely lucky my friend wasnt tho! He had to farm it for 2/3 events! As silverseas said you can only drop the helmet from the purple map! And to answer your question my char is from 2011 so yeah its really old account.The drop rate is not fixed at all in this game.

9. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Duke

You considder 2/3 events, unlucky?
    Man you wouldve quit the game with my luck i guess....im prolly more around 20-30 events and never seen it drop.

10. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

ty guys.......i wonder what level purple map i should try?

11. ABC

ABC Moderator Team Drakensang Online

Can try to go for the map level that matches the lvl of the item you are wanting/needing to drop it at - but if you are willing to use a lower lvl version of that unique in your build, using that drop would activate the same set bonuses regardless (if the set bonuses are what you're looking for). :) Fortunately, there isn't too large of a difference in base stat values either, as long as you don't go for an item that has a much lower lvl ^^