Dragans Vanguard [Discussion]

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by multitoonz, Feb 6, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Superme likes this.
  2. kaiser

kaiser Forum Apprentice

I quit, found new fun game, best drakendecision I ever made.

3. Armanthewolf

Armanthewolf Forum Greenhorn

What in God's name were you thinking, Bigpoint, when you came up with this event? This has got to be, in my opinion, the worst possible event, hands down. It is downright retarded. Nothing says fun like going on a wild goose chase for some elusive boss, who is higher even than max level, only to find him after hours of searching, and have the kill stolen by other players because you oh-so-wisely put him in a bloody wilderness area. Right. . .Idiots. Why even bother having a level fifty monster to begin with? Wait until people have a chance to -get- to that level before coming out with an event like this. Second of all. Why in a wilderness area? That just seems so stupid. Even worse than putting the snowmen from the Winter Solstice event in the wilderness areas. At least they respawn in the same place, time after time. At least they are reliable. Again, retarded. Perhaps the people at Bigpoint ought to put down the EDIT and maybe try and think of events that are fun for everyone, and that do not cater to the highest level players in the game. That is all.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    _G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
  4. KasKISkyWalKer

KasKISkyWalKer Forum Apprentice

A lot users use a bug here they wait at same spot/map and then they disconnect after a while they come back at same spot and then leave. Don't know if this works out but it's annoying.

However they do come if you wait some of my teamies waited and we got one.

5. extinckDK

extinckDK Forum Apprentice

The purpose of this event is to make players(I called them bullies from an Ultra Xtreme Hooligans guild) behaving like starving beggers who dashed in last mins to steal/kill dark knights with red essences from weaker players.

I stopped playing the event after our kills were constantly stolen from some grouped bullies Marshal/Field Marshals/Flag bearers.

BP just love seeing us players fighting over a miserable piece of cheese which sometimes comes to nothing (just like Winter Solstice event where they make people fight over a 2 snow essences dropped from snowman)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  6. Denemama

Denemama Someday Author

Hi guys, me again. ;) Finally killed a black knight, 1 person in my group received the warhorn. He clicked on the flag released the Dragan we fought him for about 15 min. then a couple more groups came in and stole the kill, WOW!!! So much for the anti kill steal for wilderness areas, I am soooo disappointed and have WASTED time AND $$$ on this just to have some one else receive the reward. I am not ashamed to say I am a "wallet warrior" and have spent way too much money on this game, I think it may be time to spend it somewhere else.:mad:

7. trakilaki

It is not a bug. It is browser reload or relog in game. It is same as you teleport to town and come again to same map. It changes instances of the same map, but saves your effort of traveling to that spot.

8. sdknightno1

sdknightno1 Advanced

I feel you

Denemama and Multi-Sev like this.
  9. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

System is broken Denema. BP never really gets it totally right.

Denemama and Multi-Sev like this.
  10. KasKISkyWalKer

It's not suppose to be like that; one low mage did this many times to get pvp points at the area kill and vanished. It's fair you think?
    Are you so lazy that you not want to travel there like the rest?
    This bug is really good to get pvp points/steal others kill but I don't use it.

It's not if you teleport you come to a town. How can you say it's the same then and then say the opposite:
    If all do this I guess the server would be overloaded like the event thing all gets in and out and all messed up.

FYI many uses this bug at another bigpoint game x-blaster(advertising another BP games is not against the rules) very effective to get points or snatch others kills.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  11. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Testify, Sistah!

Denemama likes this.
  12. trakilaki

It is not my job to think, devs should think and implement solutions.
    But assure you they have already done that.
    I am not here to implement laws, that would be admin's and dev's job. But ... you could help them correct the flaws. If you notice someone is breaking ToS using exploits, hacks, bots or any other illegal activities you should make screenshots and other proving material and contact the support.
    Then explain them thoroughly what is the problem and attach the prove materials.
    OK that was official part.

Now I will state something off the record as it is only my opinion.
    I don't know if you are older or newer player. If you are experienced player then you should already know that devs already have taken actions about this "problem" that you are talking about.
    As we know there are open maps and dungeons(private maps) in this game. Dungeons were dealt with by devs for this particular thing. There was a time when we all played for an ex. Q4. We were all killing Yachak and after that we all relog to get new instance of the map. But the devs have fixed that "problem" so now it is not possible to use that trick in dungeons anymore.
    Open maps are different story. Since devs have not implemented similar limitation we can assume that they have done that intentionally.

I don't know what you mean by "the rest" when at previous posts you can read responses from all players and the main method they have used to change instance in function of finding black knights.
    No one is lazy but also no one is waiting for anyone. You think that other players will wait for you to come so they will start killing the Knight? No you will be kicked out or they will leave your group or the target would me eliminated by the time you come.
    So let us conclude: experienced players have a few tricks in their sleeve and the newcomers will learn about them as the time passes by.

If you go to town and then reenter the map you are doing the function called "changing instances" or you will enter the same instance as previously. If you reload the game you are doing the same thing.
    The other thing is that no one knows when he/she will lose his/her connection. That is the part of the networking too.
    There are x number of instances predicted by programmers and n number of players. Since the system is allocating players to instances, the only overload problem could show up only if hardware capacity is not meeting minimal requirements of the number of users.

As for players that are using this method to gather pvp points I highly doubt. Especially low level players as you claim.
    First thing is that out of the arena you can get very small amount of points. Few hundreds maybe. Also you can't collect points from same person more than 5 times per day. And finally low level players can not do any harm at cap level "summit".
    Every player regardless of the level is aware of the consequences of turning on PVP status at open maps.

13. KasKISkyWalKer

Are you for real (a long respond on a simple issue)?
    Have the devs taking care of the stealing bugs?
    I' dont know who you are and how skilled you are but I doubt you know what you are talking about. Played BP games for over 6 years now.

No one kicked me out from my team 17 knights.

Worked for Bigpoint (otrs-support) caught a lot of cheaters and reported stuff. My experience is this after 7 years gaming at mmo-games, if they took care of issues they wouldn't lose valuable players. My job was to get more players interested and addicted to play BP-games.

I'm not blaming the mods here they work for free and do a great job.
    I was meaning players with low gears a lvl 45 can be a low level depends on pvp skill money etc. In my case I was talking about one lvl 40 mage slashing a lvl 45 war. It's easy to kill low gear lvl 45 players if they use money and ninja attacks. I gather a lot of points when I tried this at kingshill arena. My experience from pvp I play at 4 servers was top 5 Tegan top 10 heredur for some years ago. I don't play pvp anymore not so much like before the best have quit in my honestly opinion that's why.

Last I'm not so skilled as you but I play a lot sometimes 15 hours per day.
    It's nothing I'm bragging about I have supported this game and spent aprox. 2500-3000 USD my friends too. Why because we are dedicated to this game and love it. My concerns is that many have left. I'm talking about money- and pro-gamers. Now days it's no fun anymore nothing to do always tanking mortis though I play as mage at my main account (I have all 4 characters I just love the ranger it's OP hehe).

14. perrush

perrush Active Author

any event in an open area is a fail to me. Such things don't encourage team play but just the opposite. Bring it to the dungeons and it's fine.

By the way. I thought any open map can only support up to 8 players. So the idea of attacking with 20-30 at once doesn't make sense to me.

15. Hellamyjamgirl

Hellamyjamgirl Junior Expert

Those who say Drakensang Online is a good game are delusional and blinded. I've said it several times, this game is not worth your money. You pay, and what do you get back? Errors, disconnections,lags,bad communication from other players. ENDLESS BUGS, lame events like this one. And pay2win events like Helios games. There are so many things wrong with this game, but ofc no game is perfect, but this one is just getting out of hand. You are litterally stealing peoples money, some of my friends payed to kill Dragan, and then some newbies swoops in and gets the last hit. This "event" is under all critic! People are wasting time and money, and you're doing nothing about it, not suprising at all, you've done that for the past 6 months.

16. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Actualy, I can say with confidence that the open maps support 12 and no more. My guild and aliance have seen it happen again and again. If there are 11 people in the player list, plus yourself, no one else will get in even if they are grouped with someone in the instance.

17. trakilaki

That being said, now we know why players are complaining of BP support. They are engaging unskilled people for the job.
    Basically we have OP players who are abusing their company involvement into the games, so lot of players are leaving the games because of them.

No one kicked you out of "your" team? I don't know and I don't care, I was not talking about you but generally at the first place.

Cap level can be a low level? Man do you know what you are talking about?
    It can be weaker or stronger. OMG what kind of people were supporting the games. :D

You are not skilled as me? :D Have I ever said I am the most skilled player at the word ... maybe?
    You are not skilled but yet again you was top 5 and 10 at both servers. Well how did you managed that?
    You sometimes are playing 15 hours per day ... good .... I sometimes sleep 5 hours per day, usually when I am tired.

Open source project programmers are giving us applications for free, scientists and Bjarne Stroustrup gave us C++ for free ... that is dedication and passion. Paying 3000 USD for game(which uses open source engine) makes you dedicated only to yourself and your ego.

At last, not the least ... you have been working for BP support and all those years you did not figured out that forum is not the place for questions like "should they use bugs".
    And of course you are trolling this topic.

PS.- You are breaking the rules of the contract with the company, which says "you are not to speak publicly about involvement or position you have/had within the company".

18. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

Just dont waste time and money on events in open areas, not worth it. Btw, what are you guys doing it for? a few hundred draken? A black dragon? Rewards are not attractive enough to pay for this event.

19. KasKISkyWalKer

Hm interesting I don't know what you are talking about. How would you know this?
    Have you worked there?

The rest of this argument is pretty funny. You can't compare me with Bjarne Stroustrup. I just expressed that I love to play this game. I don't need your personal feelings about that or the rest of your tautological respond.

My main language isn't English that does not mean you can picking on that.
    What do you mean about that :D Must I know what that's to be approved by you?
    My statement is low gear player killed a stronger period.
    You said nah it's not like that b la bl a. The whole discussion is spinning around.

Are you sarcastic?

Hm very interesting respond very intellectual. My ego have nothing to do whit that. Maybe your ego is to get a lot of forum points then :D

It was a retoric question (I respond on what you said I don't agree with you sometimes) and you swallowed it. I thought you managed to read between the lines ;).

Last I'm not in to winning a forum debate are you?
    Contact me in the game for further discussion arguing with with you here is useless and considers hi jacking.

20. Ash

Ash Advanced

To answer this part of the event... yes, I like mysteries and this sort of thing rewards players who join guilds, have buddies, and help others. It was exciting to discover the necessary NPC (a friend told me), and then all wrack our brains trying to work out what we were supposed to do. I couldn't wait to get going!

BUT, all the fun was gone when after an hour we realised how difficult it was to find the knights. My group never found one.
    And as it has been said already - kill stealing, long time for knight to respawn....

To spend 3 hrs and never even START the event is really bad. A GOOD mystery has clues, and is possible to attempt.

I saw one dark dragon - it belonged to a lvl45 Field Marshal. And the boss is lvl 50 I hear?

Ah ok, I get it, it was for end-game players of strength. Fine, but WRONG to waste every other player's time BP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.