Dragonknight leechers

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by DamarèRo, Sep 5, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. DamarèRo

DamarèRo Padavan

I am the only one who meet fake ppl in this event? A loot of player come when i call slot for WOOD in global chat but at the boss run out after first kill or lie like , "ah no wood i need more" or something like this! For this kind of ppl shame of you!
    When i was small i never lie and i respect the player/s. I was so happy someone help me in hard mode like i catch the god of hes hand. I think this is the new generation of this game, old players are in each days few, unfortunately.....
    My blacklist has begin to grown up, i wonder how many i can add here, someone know? Very ugly from them, but this is it, life goes on!

AlmosTBlack and _G_R_A_M_P_S_ like this.
  2. heror

heror Forum Baron

i rarely play this event because of this reason. Also the fact that there are "tanks" that neither summon nor use ess or wood they just "tank" and get free loot without spending resources i mean this is the freeest class to exist in this game

3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

a simple fix would be simple: wood shouldn't be required to be able to kill the bosses

Wood should be exclusively used to spawn further bosses in the boss chamber

You can't do anything about the parasites, you can only blacklist them

wildmonkey likes this.
  4. Moot

Moot Active Author

Yea because after the tank keeps the boss in place so you can safely hit the pinata ahead of you, they should also spend 4 times more wood than you, just because bp has been like screw the DK class for the past 4 months.

5. heror

heror Forum Baron

Thanks for the complexing answear but 1 most of the ppl dont need tank even for inf 3 and second most of the tanks dont even give 200 they just write tank inf 3 + . The fact taht you give 200 doesnt mean that most of the other tanks do. Since you are an exception just ignore this.

Yes they tank but they also give 100% more hp to the boss while not dealing any dmg so even if the boss stays in one place rangers and mages dont have infinite resource to compensate for the 100% bonus hp that the tanks give. So dont cry when you dont know what it is to be on the other part of the group. O and when you say group buffs , ofc tank gives hp which doesnt help with with dmg or anything related to making the boss die less only the flag has something good going for it

6. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Most tanks are entitled jerks

The minimum they can do is open the 200 wood altar for the other classes

Thank god i learned to play without tanks, but it seems tanks are still entitled jerks, they haven't learned
    I hope Bps makes bosses easier to solo, just to stick it to tanks

7. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I have quite a simple solution. If I'm running high difficulties of an event, I refuse to accept anyone I haven't ever farmed with before. If I wasn't good enough to farm with you on a normal day, why should I be obligated to run with you on event day when you might screw something up? Instead, i just take friends and guildies - people I know I can count on.

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ and alchimista like this.
  8. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

DK should not be able to use abilities if they dont use wood, like all do. Thats all.

AlmosTBlack likes this.
  9. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

why are people complaining about something they control themselves, just do not go with a DK you are not familiar with or when this happens do not go with them again.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  10. IKILLGIANTS

IKILLGIANTS Active Author

there is no fairness,DK should be forced to use wood "LIKE EVERYONE ELSE"

11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

for what it is worth, if you need a tank, the tank is almost certainly saving you wood and probably revives as well.

if you go without a tank dk, you'll spend more wood. if you go with, you can go all damage and kill with less trips to the cauldron.

if you can do the boss at infernal 3 solo on one 50 wood payment (or 2 bosses with three 50 payments), not sure why you'll bother with the tank.

12. Fitzchevalerie

Fitzchevalerie Forum Apprentice

Tanks are useless since R209 .... Only inv 2H and there will be no problem... What we only need now is dmg from anyone.
    Tank are like parasits now.... maybe for mortis

13. Novadude

Yeah, and there is this. If a DK has a good set (typically q7 and dragan bellicose based) with good crit and cooldown runes and has a decent amount of wisdom (75+) and the group has a good spread of group talents in your group (including the always helpful racing the clock mech group talent), there's not much need for a 1H tank anymore in the endgame, as the 2H dk can will have banner of war and dragon available every 30 seconds so so.

But I imagine that for new players interacting with other new players, the calculus will be different.

14. Fitzchevalerie

Fitzchevalerie Forum Apprentice

i agree, but if you need a tank, assume that they does not waste wood or ...dont waste wood for a tank!

15. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Ehm... Racing the clock triggers every 5 seconds and when maxed out reduces all the cooldowns by 21% every time it triggers. Assuming the DK has no cooldown reduction on the said skills, it hits both cooldowns by 12.6s each time. This means that every 5 seconds turn into 17.6s of cooldown time passed. That means four hits by the dwarf aura = 20s for full refresh. Throw in some cooldown runes and you can have even less. On top of that, the DK doesn't have to stay idle... using the Rage Attack with the 5p. talent it's 15s no problem (even without runes). That means it's only 5s of banner downtime before it goes up again. With enough speed and high crit rate the downtime can go even lower, and if the DK spends a bit of the banner uptime using the rage attack instead of smash, it goes infinite...

16. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

And that is why this DK usually goes solo, use my own wood, and don't have to worry about carrying whiny "DPS Classes" who like to hate on DKs.

Or two kills on one 50 wood buff... but then again, with the sheer number of passes I have, it is more cost effective to do one kill per buff and then just go another time with another pass.

I'll echo what everyone else with half a brain is saying. If you don't play with a DK regularly and don't trust them because they aren't a person you know will play in such a way that supports the team as a whole, then don't play with them and then complain afterwards.

Really, complaining about this is like complaining that SMs use less essence to kill bosses, or that SWs have more or RAs have better sustained or burst damage than X. Each class has some benefit over the others and complaining about that benefit is asinine.

I developed (likely reinventing the wheel) a tanking method based on cool down reduction. Using Banner of War, Dragon Hide, and Rage attack, Cool-down reduction runes, along with an 80% crit rate, BoW and DH can be used every 12-13 seconds in a group without a SM, or every <8 seconds with a SM. In the case with the SM, you have a 100% uptime for the armor/resistance buff, stun/debuff resistance, constant HP regen, and a 100% uptime provoke. Best of all, if I need to tank a boss for a group after being in DPS mode for clearing the map, I don't need to switch anything other than my skills preset and I turn into a 2H tank. I have a video somewhere that I'll upload to YouTube later.

xisdois likes this.
  17. Novadude

I'm not assuming things are maxed out for group talents. If things are maxed out on the group talents, things are usually nearly maxed out in other places, like gear and wisdom and there's no point in grouping anyway.

With less than perfect gear my mech is solo killing the infernal III moon bosses, typically takes 3 50 wood payments to kill 2 queen bosses (plus a 200 in the middle). A mech that's even better than mine isn't going to bother with the 2H dk.

(My mech only has 5 crafted uniques, and they are all 3.5's for q7 t6 2h, black queen t6 adornment, t6 dragan helmet, q7 t6 gloves, and the t6 dragan ring, otherwise using uncrafted t3 khalys shoulders, uncrafted bloodmoon t0 amulet, t6 belt and t6 ring, 26% damage t0 leg torso, and t6 white queen cape - strong enough to survive infernal III but there are many mechs much stronger than me)

And my DK won't bother tanking either.

The reality is if you need a tank and the dk is a tank willing to tank for you, the dk probably has bad 2H gear and cannot do the event solo. And this event map is extremely slow and frustrating for 1H dks to farm relative to 1H/2H mechs, sws and rangers, and even 2H dks, so he probably does not have a lot of wood compared to the mechs, sws, and rangers.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  18. heror

heror Forum Baron

Barg sorry to say but ess and wood especially of we speak about noobs and low modes like fatal is crucial since they dont earn that resource fast. You dont gamble untill you finish glyphing up and crafting so...... ye you wont know what it is to see the tank spamming 1 button and just waiting for the drop.

19. Moot

Moot Active Author

@heror

I "tank" in 2h dps tho, and spend those resources as well. However IF I play in party at all there is about two people I'm willing to party with, and we either cycle who opens for 200, or take newbs who are willing to spend their 200 while we spend 50 each for the two kills. I still feel like we the killers benefit more than the noob we "help", because collecting wood is my single most hated activity in the game.

20. wildmonkey

wildmonkey Forum Apprentice

If you want a friend to carry im here ^^ grimmag server nickname wildmoneylv 55 level mage i always give 200 wood to people people who can carry me :)