Dragonknight leechers

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by DamarèRo, Sep 5, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. heror

heror Forum Baron

Thats not the point. Wood can be farmed while red ess cant you either give andermants or gamble. And while farming wood you gather gold a and items. Thus one needs to spend his gold on fambling to get ess while the other gets grindable resource. I mean when it comes down to basic the one resource cost a lot compared to the other

2. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

YEP : no mattere if tank or not. You can easily + to your blacklist as well.

as before: set apart good players, blacklist others. YOU bad move first.
    but you are wrong in pve : mages need only 1 set up, rangers need only 1 set up , midgets need only 1 set up.
    DK need 2 different setup.

Good and easy suggestion.

I go in a group ONLY with mates, or I go solo inf3.
    After R209 I switched totally the set up to 2H. I go in "aggro" mode 2H, only switch talent from Iron Brow to Outburst skill. ( better with a mage and a TS group so you can arrange timing with aggro and guardian, in case of need )

BUT

I can understand the frustration that forced you to open your 3D.

You will find naab DK and you will find good DK.

As you add in ignore list, you will add in the friends list. BE POSITIVE.

IT is not easy for a DK to play with tank setup and 2H setup. IT is extremely expensive and requires the double of others classes time.

Thanks to the R209 I trashed the tank setup.
    Playing as a DK tank with the aggro gameplay is terribly boring.

3. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

This means nothing.

Most of the events, and LBs too, are better to be farmed on mod normal/painfull (just painfull for LBs... In case anyone wanted to argue about this) and for those modes you can easily use the 2-hand set items you find while you normally are in tank mode without the need of crafting them... Maybe just the ornament, but you would want one with 4x %crit on item for tank set too (cd reduction from Rage Attack).

Just look at the forum... First thing people suggest to new DKs is to make a good tank build with wich they can farm every other thing.
    When you can tank fatal/inf1 it's all good. Just look for dps players and they'll use resources while you won't even use pots because there are many group talents that make you recover a decent amount of hp.
    None can deny this...

It's not a matter of manners, but of the DK's concept as a class in this game.

4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Not really. It's really easy to hit the level 21 and that's when you can max out Racing the Clock... most of weak dwarfs I met that had problems with PWs in painful had that one maxed out.
    "When you can tank fatal/inf1 it's all good" Well, but think of one more aspect. What does it take to be able to tank fatal/inf1? Not even a single crafted item... of course they are welcome and odds are one has at least one 2/3 at that point, but defensive dragan set (which one can get as a donor) + q3 set + gnob weapon are fairly enough. What does any DPS require to be efficient enough to go fatal/inf1 as a damage? 2h of course offensive dragan set, 1h some fancy unique combination... and a couple of items crafted to at least 3/4.
    But, on the other hand... a dwarf or ranger (if one wants to go the easy way... I never do it) gets t6 q7 set, preferably offensive dragan set (but can do without) and is good enough for fatal... dwarf gets q8 on top of q7 and without crafting any items is ready for inf1/inf2.

I am not saying any class is OP as-is, but that q7 set for ranger and dwarf is simply broken and q8 set makes it way too strong. I am not saying it from perspective of my SW either, but simply because I can't stand that any off-meta build for ranger or dwarf is inferior (in PvE) to the meta builds, especially at the begin, when without that single stupid and broken set you have a hard time building up your character. Of course, q4 is meta for SW and q7 is for DK, but the off-meta builds (including 1h) are still normally playable for fresh toons without a fast-forward from any of the following:
    1. Having an old and quite strong character that has something to begin with before you grow in power.
    2. Using help of high-end friends.
    3. Promising others help from your own high-end character if they help your new toon.
    4. Paying a lot.
    Now, it is possible to build a ranger with a longbow (conc. costs) from scratch without any of the above and be strong in PvE... but that is an incredibly long journey. 99% of new ranger toons choose q7, at least for the start (so that they try to personalise their characters later... with varying results), and they are not neccesarily bandwagoners. They are simply afraid of any other way... because it feels too hard. For dwarf, I don't see any single way of building a strong PvE character that doesn't include q7+q8.

And, before somebody asks me, here's why I am talking about PvE only:
    PvP is OHKO where virtually any build that has enough damage can do... it is impossible to balance in any way as it is now.

5. Moot

Moot Active Author

I find this thread interesting by the way... the OP complained about people who claim to be donor and then run off without opening REGARDLESS of class in one of the new moon threads, then some salty people who can't understand it's not 2016 anymore and how DK is in the worst spot of all classes in the game right now with the help of a really talented moderator turned that complaint into a witch hunt against DKs

6. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Well, you gotta admit it isn't really New Moon feedback where these posts originated either. Honestly I'm surprised a new thread got split out instead of posts getting outright deleted, lmao.

7. heror

heror Forum Baron

You mister are a troll. I see that in most threads you say that tanks are in the wors possitiom . 1h maybe yes but 2h dont. And im saying it for the last time before i start ignoring your post we are speaking ABOUT RESOURCE GRINDING and what NORMALLY is spent by classes. We are not speaking about some fancy exceptions

8. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

That's BS... A ranger that uses Q7 needs also high attack speed and if he's a newbie he doesn't have it, either because of low tier runes (if any) or uncrafted gloves (waste of time crafting before lvl 55 because items have lower max values).
    As of SM, I got one on TS that is equipped with uncrafted uniques (Q3 helmet, Q5 shoulders, Q8 and Q7 sets, Bellicose boots and ring, Q9 amulet, pink belt -> 23% dmg, legend ring -> ~30% crit dmg and 20% hp). Before Oil Slick's rebalance I would have said you're right, also at the beginning it was easy because of the buffs (like +30% attack speed, +8k crit rate etc), now even excruciating mode is dufficult to deal with.

Sure, but that's another topic.

Don't act wise and righteous while you're also one who contributed to turn the thread this way :)

9. Moot

Moot Active Author

Resource grinding? Hmm we can talk about that sure. A 2h DK with the same crafts, sets and offensive stats will only do a fraction of the damage output a ranged class would have, so we have to spend more resources in order to do the same content.

10. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Do not forget one primary thing :

a 2H DK must farm 3 different kinds of items :
    Hammer
    Axe
    Sword

triple of slots required in inventory and 1/3 less probability to craft an item ( for example you do not drop a 2H staff only BUT, 2H hammer, 2H sword, 2H axe ).

3x slots required to craft a weapon and 3x more farming time to achieve the same other classes results.
    ( SAME FOR 1H build )

11. heror

heror Forum Baron

on the other hadn you get more weapon drops since you have 3 types of weapons = higher chance of good gold lines..

12. SillySword

SillySword Regular

It's not. I tried to count every legendary items I got. Number of every slot (amulet, helmet, boots, ...) goes almost same number. Ring's number is double for two slots. Total number of 2h weapons is for one slot. I forget 1h weapons and off-hand shield because I deleted all data. I think there's a fixed proportion in a long run.

13. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

And that's why BP removed attack speed bonus on BoW, right? Because DK was underpowered, right?

No reason to complain about it if you can farm those items without wasting resources while tanking.

14. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

I have simple and fair solution for all :)

Add "resource buff" for each essence type ; Blue, Violet and Red in the boss room. So Tank can click it and get a buff for entire team ;):cool:
    That also could be in the New Moon boss area; Click buff which cost 50 woods for +x% more damage to your team mates. Fair no ?

Shiro and _Baragain_ like this.
  15. Moot

Moot Active Author

Sarcasm noted, but are you really trying to explain the deeds of BP in a logical manner? If we went down that path it would mean dwarves were really really really weak and that's why they got buffed. (oh and it didn't really get removed if you consider the group talent, the removal of the negative speed bonus of behemoth, and the way the new speed talent got implemented)

Except you can not, since noone actually needs a tank anymore except the people who have problems completing painful dungeons, and why would you even want to tank when it's the most fckin boring thing you can do in the game spamming a single skill.

16. heror

heror Forum Baron

The fact taht is boring and unhonorable for you doesnt mean that ppl dont do it..... just like with the q7 overspammers

17. xisdois

xisdois Forum Apprentice

i´m a DK under construction yet....infernal 3 for me,with a significant damage is not yet possibel because of the lack(missing) of runes and big gemes

I can´t write very well inglish but can i whant to remeber all of you, that a DK to go two ands against a boss in infernal 3 can´t only be suported in perfects crafts....he will need also runes and high gemes that only time can delivour him with the gain of drakens and events...

I can see here that this a pure talk of high players, that are confiant in his high crafts and gems, because they don´t remember when growing, how important is a char that can give them a " boring" way to the itens they whant or need....more or less what chars that are growing right now whant or need.

As of the event in cause as a tank....i only enter in the both spiders if i have at least enough wood to open the second spider...and if not, i advise every one...

If this was a portuguese forum i could explain beter my ideas....sorry for that!

18. heror

heror Forum Baron

We were all weak players played crafted nobody boosted us and said " hey come we will give you free t6 eguipment" no we were the ones who did all the job at the start so that weaker players can now get their t6 with our help. this is why in chat all im seeing is NEEEED OP DMG 4/5 because 4 are the luggage and they expect 1 to carry 5... ye....

Second im saying it again: the fact that you dont do it doesnt mean that there arent tanks who are just EDIT retarded. In fact they are much more than what you think( speaking about the wood)

Last edited by moderator: Sep 10, 2018
    xisdois likes this.
  19. Moot

Moot Active Author

Heror... once again you talk like DKs are the only class to leech, while you know very well it does not depend on the class of a player. @the portugese guy above you are wrong I do remember when I was weak (though I haven't and will not spend a second holding a water closet door outside of pvp), and that's about 40% of my complaints towards the current state of the game, because building a DK was already harder than a ranged class, and I can't imagine the pain of making one now. However in the past at least it used to pay off, because in the end you could become an unstoppable force, but that's no longer the case. 60% of my current misery is seeing how BP decided to render all my previous work on my character useless, and make my class inferior to the other three...

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong for one reason or anothe, you won't convince me.. are there possible improvements to my character? Sure my belt is only 35%, and I could trade off one more crit line in my helmet for 3/1 dmg/crit (which i would have to change back later on when a new difficulty comes in), get my last few res and armor gems to royal, I could max out my health, armor and those crappy amulet damage runes, improve some other crafts with 2-3 percent, but that simply won't make a difference when I see dwarves progress almost at the same speed as I do with 2/3 or less of my stats.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  20. heror

heror Forum Baron

that is just stubborness.
    Moderators close the thread we are just wasting time convincing somebody who cant so just close it