Feedback Drakensang Testing Opportunity - Questions

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Oct 9, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Dear Heroes,

Please be so kind and check out this announcement to find out how you can help us improve your Drakensang Online experience!

Should you have any questions about this testing opportunity, please do not hesitate to leave your questions below.
    Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

DocWhisky likes this.
  2. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Just to be sure, none of the rewards go to our existing accounts. All rewards go to only the temporary account?

3. babu_o_babu

babu_o_babu Advanced

Since the tester are required fromUS and Canada, does it mean that this testing is being carried out to check latency, especially, for Agathon and Tegan server or, is it for all US/Canadian players regardless of their server of choice?

4. wiley_wiggins

wiley_wiggins Community Team Team Drakensang Online

Greetings Heroes,

I thought it best to write a little summary on why we are doing this:

We have taken your feedback on-board regarding the latency problems on Agathon and Tegan and thought that it's about time we did something about it. We want to try out some new technology, which we are hoping will improve this and provide a better gaming experience. The way in which we will do this is to provide successful testers with access to this testing server, we will make sure that test accounts are set up so you can test as much as possible and we will then send you a detailed questionnaire asking you to compare your experience on the test server with what you normally encounter.

All of this feedback will then be analysed and will help us determine whether it is something we should pursue to provide a better experience for you.

@Darwarren The rewards will be added to your chosen personal account.

@babu_o_babu Latency is indeed the key and we are very interested in players from all servers as long as they are US or Canada-based.

Hope this helps.

Wiley

5. lord_swagg

lord_swagg Forum Apprentice

Hi @wiley_wiggins i was stuck on the question where they asked "Since when do you play Drakensang Online Approximately". is it asking how long have you been playing DSO or how long since you last played??
    Since when do you play Drakensang Online approximately

6. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Hello lord_swagg :)

The purpose of the question is to find out for how long have you been playing Drakensang Online.

We appreciate your interest and support!
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

PessiMystic likes this.
  7. lord_swagg

lord_swagg Forum Apprentice

Hi @teddy.bear

Thank you for such a quick response. I really appreciate it:)

8. Rev

Rev Active Author

The testing probably will not be available for Mac users, right?

9. Shiladitya

Shiladitya Padavan

I am from India, I play on tegan server. Is the location specified given for our actual location or the server location we play from? In short can I apply?

SGK|GaminG|HD2000 likes this.
  10. Zamvel7

Zamvel7 Active Author

why? you just need to use the terminal of your mac, and not using el capitán
    I dont think so shi, I am from Mexico and something tells me they want to test the servers from just Canada and USA

11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I think that is why they ask for ZIP/Postal code. They are probably trying to analyze latency from geographic locations that are in the US/Canada.

On a personal side, I'm curious what technical measures they are taking for this, i.e. software, hardware, firmware, DNS services to reduce hops, etc. I know I won't be told, but you better believe that if they give me access, I'll be running pings and tracerts among other things to learn as much as I conceivably can. Should I have said that? Will they not pick me because of my thrust for knowledge? :p:D We'll just need to wait and see.

VMmage, Shiladitya and DocWhisky like this.
  12. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Me not know ping or tracker, um tacer thingy be. Me make good tester.

13. SweetyChampions

SweetyChampions Forum Greenhorn

Please note that you will not take part using your own personal account, but with a separate test account. This test account will be deleted after the tests and no items received on it will be kept by the testers.

i made a mistake I gave my data from the original server and you will be able to delete my characters?

14. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

@^%$&#$#%@!!!!!!
    Would soooo love to apply/participate in this.
    Unfortunately I am still in the process of putting our new home together and could not dedicate the time. I would however, like to throw a big thank you out to BP/DSO for asking the players for their help with this and to those chosen for taking the time to do it.

Thanks, Doc.

PessiMystic likes this.
  15. yeomanry

yeomanry Advanced

DISAPPOINTED

[​IMG]

16. lunasee

lunasee Forum Apprentice

Guys I'd like to help clarify some things

1. You get the rewards to your personal account of choice after you have done the testing
    2. They need people from the USA Or Canada
    3. No your personal account does not get deleted! You will be given a testing account , Im assuming that they are asking for your normal account information rather than the test server account since they will be giveing you a NEW testing account so they have no use for your TS account information

Now the only thing that I find confusing is the Username that is supposed to be given , is the username the one that I log in with or the one that my toon has?! I sent in a application with the one that I log in with then I thought that makes no sense so I sent in another application with my actual toons name.

Btw yes they do need your RAM and internet speed info even though it says that it is optional -_- , I wish they told us what they are looking for and how much players they needed , I.E they are looking for people with fast internet , slow internet , lots of ram?! Would be cool to know when to expect a reply from them too.

This is cool though! I wish I get picked but I doubt it , they should have given a criteria for it :(

DocWhisky likes this.
  17. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Your live server account will be fine. If you are accepted, you will be given a new test account ... most likely on a closed test server, That account, along with any toons you create and rewards they recieve will be deleted at end of testing. The rewards/compensation for participating,however, will be awarded to your live server account. Thus the reason they need that information.

--MERGED--

For testing purposes, I'm sure they are looking for as diverse a group as possible. Those with fast and slow internet, those with super fast machines with tons of ram as well as those with just a few gigs. Diversity is crucial to producing enough data points to zero in on the possible problem, and hopefully, a possible solution.

But this is just my opinion, And welcome clarification if I'm in error.

thanks, Doc.

Last edited by moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    WarMonger and PessiMystic like this.
  18. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Yea, I have too much RAM. When I tried to fill it out, It told me that I wasn't entering a positive number. I contacted support and it turns out that they didn't consider that there are people out there with 32 GB of RAM. They fixed it shortly after and I didn't have to lie. :p

DocWhisky likes this.
  19. IDnotfound

IDnotfound Forum Apprentice

LOL I must have just missed that because it let me put in 32 GB without a problem ;)

20. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I think they might be testing a new backbone provider other than Level 3. Just my .02