Feedback Drakensang Testing Opportunity - Questions

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Oct 9, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

I typed in GB, and the survey format guides kicked it out. I couldn't correct it and go forward, but had to start over to finish the questionnaire.
    More rookie programming errors.

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I just typed in the number 16 without the GB after it and it worked fine for me.

I have both a laptop and a desktop that I game on, but both have 16 GB so I guess it won't matter. I rarely have lag, so it will be interesting.

3. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Note to self. People that lie on applacations are not trust worthy.

Make every effort to relay the facts.

4. lunasee

lunasee Forum Apprentice

I accidently gave them my old username well my old toons name , I jsut had it changed XD I wonder if that will be a problem... but I think they just use user ID for giving the rewards right? If not I'll send to support with my new name , I did get a email saying to fill out a survey but im not sure if that means im picked or if it means this is another application of sorts :( I do hope it means Im picked.

5. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

ya i got that email too,i guess there's 2 part survey,fill it out and wait i guess lol good luck ;)
    and i think it will be your user id they use.

6. lunasee

lunasee Forum Apprentice

From the way the made it sounds it seems like we DID get picked because we are waiting for them to give us the INFO... It did say the times and whats needed and they asked us to contact them if we dont get a email , plus the survey only asks little questions so I dont see how they might pick the people from that... Either way best of luck to you! :) I hope they send us both the information needed hehe

fourtwenty68 likes this.
  7. fourtwenty68

thx,,ya i think we r picked,and the survey will pick the best to test.good luck again! ;)

8. lunasee

lunasee Forum Apprentice

YAY we did get selected!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked support about it and they said anyone who got the email did infact get selected and we are just waiting for them to make us the testing accounts :) CONGRATS!

9. fourtwenty68

Sweet thx the info,Gratz!!;)

10. lunasee

lunasee Forum Apprentice

Hahaha we are lucky :) have fun!

fourtwenty68 likes this.
  11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

See you on the performance test server on the 20th.

lunasee likes this.
  12. TA20151016012017DSO

TA20151016012017DSO Forum Greenhorn

Can we discuss all the going ons in this test server? I have one thing I really don't like an it is going to make it very hard to test the higher lvl maps in just a few days. And getting to lvl 45 maps within 5 days is pretty much impossible.

13. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

I had troubles with Firefox locking up at the "Allow to run" screen. So I used IE with a Java update to get to Kingshill.
    After reporting it in the guild chat window, they changed the website login to Download client. If we still can have only 1 client running at a time, regular play is going to get messy.

I hope they get it straightened out by Friday. I don't want to keep deleting the DSO File and re-downloading, in order to switch versions. I plan to finish Challenge #2 on those same days.

14. Sangie

Sangie Forum Apprentice

Giving people a penalty for playing too long is wrong. I played for 4 hours, took a 2 hour break came back an played another hour. Timer doesn't reset for 5 hours which is a pain. And after 5 hours of playing you get no xp and no quest rewards. I'm testing the server and giving me a limit on how much I can test within 10 hours is going to make it harder to test the higher level maps. I am 27 years old, please don't put me into time out for playing too much.

15. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I think the focus is on makeing the server available to others. There could be limited space and sometimes people like to be pigs about stuff.

Novadude likes this.
  16. _Baragain_

Can we discuss about how impatient you are and how bad you are at reading directions? Seriously... you are testing this system and expecting the 50K ander and bonus pack that they are offering, but you didn't take the time to read the details. Here it is from the announcement and the emails.

There is no way that they would expect you to test the higher level content after having the toon only a couple of days. When they give us the resources, they will level the characters at the same time and likely unlock all the areas.

Honestly... are you doing this for the reward, or because you really care about making the game better? Because your lack of attention to detail makes me seriously doubt that you will suddenly give an eye to detail on this test server and give valuable feedback.

17. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

My guess is they use the same RNG to generate testers. RNG works well with luck in favor. Seems fair to me, right... right?

Seriously tho, I dont know whats the story of this thread but there are some very dedicated players, lurking the forums, the wiki, the facebook, tracking everything they could while spending good amount inside the game. Aaaahh, whatever, let's instead use the RNG.

18. Xero69

Xero69 Forum Greenhorn

Help!! Firefox won't let me run...I go to select server, choose Dev server, and it just loops me back to same screen....I thought I was suppossed to run in Firefox and not my normal client...am I missing something???

19. _Baragain_

Problem is, the individuals were not selected at random. You had to submit a request to join this test, meaning that this guy had to think one of two things to himself
    1. "COOL! There is a reward of 50K Ander! I am so totally signing up!" ... Player then signs up and reads nothing sent to him beyond the bare minimum.
    2. "Cool. I get to test some stuff. I guess I'll put my name in to try some of this stuff." ... Player then signs up and reads nothing sent to him beyond the bare minimum.

Compare this to someone like me who spends hours on the test server and then reports bugs via support... my thought process is more like this. "Cool! A chance to do an exclusive test that is focused on fixing some very broken stuff in this game! ... Wait... they're even going to give me rewards on my live server account for doing what I usually just in my spare time for no other reason than to try to make the game better?!?!? Hell yea I'm signing up!"
    I'm assuming you followed all the directions and got your user name and password, followed the link from the email, and got to "http://nefertari.drakensang.com/user" after signing in... Right? From here, you don't click on the select server button, simply the "Play Now" button at the top. If you click on the select server button and pick "Play Now" from there, you will get an error.

P.S. if you try and sign up using the link above, you will get moved to your standard server and prompted to download the client and won't have access to the test server.

20. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

@_Baragain_ Executing the RNG over the list of participants, not over the list of players in the game. The rest you mentioned is beyond the truth. I'm starting to suspect that this is not only amateur moves, but the moves of "taken by the wind extroverts".