Feedback Drakensang Testing Opportunity - Questions

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Oct 9, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I signed up for this, not for the rewards, but for the opportunity to make things better. If I never got the ander, the world wouldn't come to an end. I don't play on the test server as my toon starts at level 1 and would take FOREVER to get to the higher levels which seems to be what the folks at DSO want to test. I don't have unlimited time to play so I am actually losing time for the current event by playing this test account's characters.

With that said... I have to say that I am a bit concerned about the "time out" that has been enabled. For those of you not testing, basically, after 1 hour, you get a message (arriving like the daily quest icon) that states that you have played for 1 hour and maybe you should take a break. At two hours, it advises you to take a break, eat some food, drink something. At three hours, the message returns to tell you that xp and damage is now reduced by 50%. Can anyone convince me that any serious gamers only play for 3 hours at a time? In order to have the 50% reduction eliminated, you have to stop playing for FIVE hours.

Sooooooo.. play for 3, off for 5... play for 3, off for 5... etc.

What game...in their right mind... would prevent people from 1) playing the game they paid for (Premium) or 2) paying for stuff at any point in time? (Everyone)?

_Baragain_ likes this.
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Let us hope that this feature never makes it to the live servers and is simply a measure to convince players to not spend too much time testing things and neglecting their main toons... after all, they don't make money off of the test server. ;):p

3. wiley_wiggins

wiley_wiggins Community Team Team Drakensang Online

Hi Guys. Please click here for an update.

@Dragonnns Thanks for reporting the 'Take a break' debuff; I have responded about this at the bottom of the post.

All the best.

Wiley

4. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

FYI:
    When I updated Java, I could no longer access the lag test through a browser. The nefertari.drakensang.com login took me to a thin client download instead.

Support had me clear my Java cache through the Control panel. There were several drakensang items there.

Now I can access the test in IE; a test site admin used guild chat, and said it should be ok.
    I still can't use Firefox, because it locks up at the "Allow" screen, for some unknown reason.

5. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Microsoft used to have a Java Virtual Machine included on all their OSes, but that is usually ignored in favor of a JRE plugin from Oracle. Now maybe IE is using the MS Java Virtual Machine built into windows visa/7/8/10 while Firefox uses Oracle.

There are a few other JRE/JVM replacements you can try:
    JOEQ
    Wonka
    Sable (no longer actively maintained but may still work.)

Darwarren likes this.
  6. BearMage

BearMage Forum Greenhorn

Did anyone else get this email from Bigpoint but never got a second email with the log in information? It had me thinking I had made the testing team.

[CONTENT REMOVED]

Last edited by moderator: Oct 23, 2015
  7. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

That would be over my level of expertise and confidence, but thanks much for the insights.
    Maybe BP needs you as a consultant. :cool:

8. wiley_wiggins

Hi all. Just another quick update for you.

A script will be run in two hours time, which will hopefully mean all test accounts are pimped up to Level 45 with legendary equipment, gems and all maps unlocked.

We have also just been informed that the thin client should also be able to be used for this project so please give that a try to see if you notice differences.

@BearMage Unfortunately, we couldn't guarantee that all players could take part in this test but do keep your eye out for future opportunities.

All the best.

Wiley

9. wiley_wiggins

And we're back. I have reports that the script has run correctly.

One point of note is that you will likely not have Premium running on these test accounts unfortunately; please use the Andermant credited to your account instead. If you are experiencing problems with Testing over the weekend then please write in to Support and we will look at your cases as matters of priority.

Hope you have fun and thanks again for your help with this.

Wiley

10. babu_o_babu

babu_o_babu Advanced

By the way, not all maps are unlocked for me.I can't go beyond twilight down map.

11. MegaNuker

FYI I got 3 day premium for getting into kingshill. That is the same time the test is...

12. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

Gratz,but it don't work for any of us lol.
    did it work for u? :mad:

13. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I also did not get the 3 day premium in the test account; I also bought the 2599 lucky mount package and did not get my red essence and only got a normal mount. boo. everything else worked well although my test dwarf is incredibly weak - I would say glass cannonish without the cannon.

I did, however, hit 4 of the bosses that drop legendaries/uniques and got the one piece I'm actually missing to completethe deep sea set. Missing the chitlin ring on my regular dwarf, which my test dwarf now has. Ha.

14. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Waiting for the final survey, but just a bit of feedback... If you want people to test things like lag and such, it would be helpful if our definition of "pimped up" and your definition of "pimped up" were the same. I found it difficult to stay alive at times, especially when testing Lor'Tac and much of my time in there was not paying attention to map related lag, but rather to not dying. Next time you are having one of these exclusive, limited time only tests where you are going to close the server at the end and delete all the characters and items (i.e. not the normal stable build test server), might I suggest the following...

• LVL 50 (As opposed to LVL 45)
    • LVL 50 Knowledge (as opposed to having to buy some)
    • Premium for the duration of the test
    • Fully unlocked inventory with a standard selection of uniques (Full Moon, New Moon, Dragan, Dark, Ammon's, Gnob's, Keen/Roshan/Yachack/Spark's... etc) to allow individuals to test under circumstances familiar to them.
    • Dedicated Legendary boxes containing weapons, weapon decorations, and off hand items (because there are few good uniques in this category)
    • A full set of gems; minimum of 4-5x each high end offensive gems (minimum radiant, preferably sacred or royal), 16-20x each high end defensive gems (see previous)
    • Minimum of 100K andermant (on top of all of the above)
    On a side note, I did notice improved load times. I was testing it on a public network and I had a bunch of disconnects due to the shoddy quality of the network, but load times after the DCs were vastly improved over the normal load times after a DC.

babu_o_babu likes this.
  15. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

I had more hang-ups and glitches with menu pages, than I did with dungeons. I thought they had switched the servers around!
    Using guild chat for observations was a cool idea.
    Hope they get the survey completed while the information is still fresh. It won't do much good a month from now.

16. MegaNuker

If I could make a suggestion for next time you do a test server.

Since now you can purchase legendary items from the pvp shop. Maybe since they are test toons buy items for free so they can choose what they want and allow them to upgrade all armor to max level. Then these test toon are not testing how fast they die but how much lag they can produce. Honestly I am only suggesting this and hope you understand.

Thank-you for reading have a nice day.

17. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I got the survey this afternoon. I was surprised how short it was (3 pages I think) with questions that looked like the answers could be very ambiguous such as a radio button to select whether the lag on Nefertari was better or worse than Agathon/Tegan.

I wrote up 8 pages of things I noticed. For example, I timed how long it took pages to load since they specifically asked that question in the survey email. I have a lot more information if they want it.

And I enjoyed putting the comments in the chat as well. One person would say "Hey, I'm having a problem over here." and someone else could see if they could replicate it.

18. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Same, it was a short survey, and I have a page or 2 of notepad comments. Would have been nice to attach or include the comments somehow.

19. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

I didn't get a survey, or the rewards. Is there a problem?

20. wiley_wiggins

Hi guys. Thanks again for taking part. We are still awaiting all surveys to be returned and then confirmation of players who took part before the rewards will be booked.

Please contact Support if you completed the first survey, took part in the test but then did not receive a survey following the test.

Also @Dragonnns @Novadude and anyone else; if there wasn't enough space in the Survey for your observations then please send them into Support with the title 'Drakensang Test Feedback' and I will make sure this gets back to the Game Team. Please do your best to keep in concise where possible.

@Darwarren a survey is on its way to you.

@_Baragain_ Thanks for the feedback and sorry to disappoint. I will make sure to pass all of this back.

All the best

Wiley

Darwarren likes this.