Drakensang

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by bjbsdk, Mar 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

it would be good if it's on a cell phone

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  3. Hmm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bjbsdk

bjbsdk Forum Greenhorn

it would be good if it's on a cell phone

2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

What the heck? I use both mouse buttons, CTRL key, SHIFT key, 1 through 5 keys, G, H, J, X keys constantly, and am starting to work in T.

How are you going to simulate all that on a cell phone?

And resolution is way too low on cell phones.

Not to mention data usage (in the US, most "unlimited" data plans really aren't unlimited … you get speed throttled if you're an excessive user).

Oh, and what engine will you run on your phone to simulate the old tech underlying DSO? Don't forget, they're dropping support for everything but Windows (I had to buy a new laptop after a release or two ago broke on MacOS), and only newer versions of Windows at that (that same release broke Windows XP play, permanently).

And, and, and … I'll end with: Would you rather BP fixed bugs, updated events, revamped PVP, added new content … or spent 100% of their limited programmer resources trying to port to Android (and ignoring any other mobile OS platforms … I sure hope you don't have an iPhone, because they won't bother developing for Apple cell phones)?

Sorry, but this idea will go nowhere.

3. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

In line of principle this could be a good idea of course.

But that said just think how boring games of this kind are on mobile phones, due the limits of the interface system, and now try to think how boring could become a game that is already boring for Itself........

If you really need a mobile option, try to use a Windows based tablet with of course the addition of keyboard and mouse... no idea if DSO could work or not on a such platform.

4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

The only thing we need for phone is to be able to log into forum without the main page going "come back with a computer to play" when we are just trying to get to the forum.

As I am doing right now.

* Posted from my Android phone and requires 2 browser pages to do so.