Support DSO Workbetnch App

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Xx_charles_silva_xX, Jun 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you like it?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xx_charles_silva_xX

Xx_charles_silva_xX Count Count

Hello there!

I created this webapp in the last 2 weeks, I called it DSO Workbench!

What is DSO Workbench?
    It's a tool made to help Drakensang Online players to get knowledge about the probabilities and possibilities over the crafting items of the same type and rarity through a virtual simulation environment, also to understand the chance to get sucess or failure when trying to craft one item with a specific combination of enchantments.

Key features:
    - Choose the rarity of the ingredients and their enchantments.
    - Know all possible combinations and your chance to get each combination of enchantments
    - You don't need to spend your gold/andermant
    - To improve the analysis of the results, there is a filter by enchantment name
    - You can download a file with all results
    - Responsive layout (optimized to devices with a small screen)

Compatible browsers: Google Chrome, Opera (both was tested).

If is it allowed, I leave here the access link:
    http://dsoworkbench.uphero.com/ -- New domain: last update in 07/12/2016

I appreciate so much all feedback as possible to help me to improve the app and I hope it can be useful for you.

Enjoy it! ;)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Belei, trakilaki and _Baragain_ like this.
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Very nice idea! But it could use a little polishing.

First, I would recommend a slight change to the UI with respect to displaying the enchantments you have selected so that you can see it without having to hover your mouse over each item individually.

Second, a button at the end of Step 3 to return to Step 1, not just back to Step 2 and then back to Step 1, would be nice.

You are also missing Relative HP in the enchantment list, and if you could split Relative Armor and Resist in to two separate lines, it would be more accurate.

Your higher crafts (like Exo->Leg or Leg->Leg) are rather unwieldy because it lists every possible combination (all 1820 in the leg->leg case). It would be more helpful if it calculated the odds of specific combinations. For example, it could calculate how many 3x% Damage/ 1x+ Damage combinations exist and give you the total % chance of that type of combination.

While the filter option is a nice idea, it doesn't help too much at the moment. Maybe if you had the filter worked by check boxes based on what enchantments you are looking for in the final item based on what went in, it might provide more use.

My final bit of feedback is with respect to "Gold Lines." Could you add a Step 1B where you chose if you are looking at types of stats, or just looking at total quantity of "Gold Lines" on each item? For example, for an exo->leg craft, you might select 2/3, 2/3, 1/3, and 0/3 and have it tell you that you have 15.91% chance of getting 0/4 gold lines on a legendary, 47.73% chance for a 1/4 legendary, 21.82% chance of getting a 2/4 legendary, and a 1.82% chance of getting a 3/4 legendary. You could also do a hybrid version of this and your existing one allowing you to see what combinations have the desirable types of stats and the desirable quality of the stats and what those probabilities.

All in all, I love seeing things like this since it is more practical and accessible to normal players compared to my and @Armando 's work which just gives a table. I'll be keeping an eye on this and sharing it with people as you continue to polish it. It also reminds me that I ought to get back to work on my calculator apps.

Xx_charles_silva_xX likes this.
  3. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

Nice app !

I think the poison, fire, andermagic, ice and lightning resistances are useless in the enchantments list. Only unique items can give 1 specific resistance against 1 element, and you can't craft them. ;)

_Baragain_ likes this.
  4. Xx_charles_silva_xX

Hello there,

I have fixed a bug with step 1 in Firefox browser, but it is not working how was intended yet. In Chrome and Opera browsers it works completely. :rolleyes:
    In mobile devices it works exactly like you suggested.
    Done! ;)
    It makes sense, they was removed.

I'm going to prepare other changes for a next release, because those suggestions are more complex changes.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Zed likes this.
  5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Always good no knock down the easy ones to keep people happy while you work on the big stuff. BigPoint could learn something from you. :p

Zed likes this.
  6. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

work bench is a rubish stat magnet if u put all items very good stat and just 1 stat rubish it will pick up the rubish stat..my advice to all players ...DONT MIX any items that have rubish stat.

Belei likes this.
  7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Nice app.

I was using Firefox and it was not working ... but tried it now in Chrome and it is working :)

8. Belei

Belei Forum Greenhorn

Hello.
    As a newbie I find your app very helpfull.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Xx_charles_silva_xX likes this.
  9. Xx_charles_silva_xX

Hello there! :)
    I hope so, it was made for give help mainly for newbies.

I'm working at the (optional) step to "paint" high (and rare) enchantments, I hope to give it for you ASAP. ;)

The first post has been updated with the currently compatible browsers.

Update (07/12/2016): new domaind -> http://dsoworkbench.uphero.com/

Thanks a lot for your support.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Belei likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.